Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread vol. 2

Diablo 4--- I got into a bit more of the season early this morning; character is up to level 24 now.  One noticeable simple detail change that's awesome is the speed of the horse now...it's way faster when you hit the "run" button for it....huge improvement there; I bet it's only a matter of time before the give in and allow you to make the horse run super fast in town areas too.  Still, the "normal walking" speed of the horse seems faster as well though.  

There's also random areas that become infested with the vampires for a limited time, similar to the Helltide zones; basically this is definitely an improvement over the first season.

Raxx has some commentary of course about things

Got kind of a serious question here. Over the last 6 or so months I've had my PS5, I've noticed an increasing amount of wrist pain in my right hand to the point that I actually have an appointment with a doctor this week to have it looked at. After doing some reading, I think it might be due in part to the PS5 dual sense controller and the fact that Sekiro uses a lot of shoulder buttons, but I notice some pain even when I play other games that don't rely as heavily on shoulder buttons.

1. Have any of you guys had any similar issues?

2. Can anyone recommend a better and more ergonomic PS5 controller as an alternative?

Just now, RSG3 said:

In racing or driving games I've noticed it makes my carpet tunnel flare up smarter then in the past because I have to pull harder on the triggers. 

Bout all I've noticed tho. 

This is very true. My fingers would all hurt and be sore for a few hours after I played CTR, but strangely, not in any other game of recent memory

1 hour ago, DoctaMario said:

Got kind of a serious question here. Over the last 6 or so months I've had my PS5, I've noticed an increasing amount of wrist pain in my right hand to the point that I actually have an appointment with a doctor this week to have it looked at. After doing some reading, I think it might be due in part to the PS5 dual sense controller and the fact that Sekiro uses a lot of shoulder buttons, but I notice some pain even when I play other games that don't rely as heavily on shoulder buttons.

1. Have any of you guys had any similar issues?

2. Can anyone recommend a better and more ergonomic PS5 controller as an alternative?

I have had wrist issues in the past mainly from work. When that happens I wear a wrist guard at home or when I go to bed for awhile and it always goes away.

Not sure if this is common knowledge, but lately I have been using Retrobat for my emulation setup to streamline retroarch setup and keep my collection better organized.

2 hours ago, DoctaMario said:

I've noticed an increasing amount of wrist pain in my right hand to the point that I actually have an appointment with a doctor this week to have it looked at.

You should switch it up and use your left hand for a while. Give your right hand a break. Maybe try some different lotion, too. Might reduce the friction and you won't have to work as hard.

Ok yeah... Spider-Man 2 is already "Legend Status" and I just started playing a little while ago.  Insomniac Games, man... the rest of the industry just got S-Rank styled on again.  Whenever there is a big action superhero game to be made just let them handle it from here on out, man..... X-Men, Avengers, Superman, Blade, Ghostrider, Justice League, just give all the shit to them and let the magic happen.

A real shame my friend is going to miss out on this greatness since lately he's had nothing but hate for Sony in general....the funny thing is that I know the existence of this game in particular will eat away at his soul, since Spidey just happens to be his #1 favorite superhero.  I guess it may come to PS/Steam at some point later but he isn't even into pc gaming either.

1 hour ago, BornWinner said:

I remember Hecatom talking about it, but it’s a lot lamer when you see it.

Cmon Insomniac. 

You know, I hadn't picked this game up because I'm still busy playing what the games I got....but maybe this is a good thing. First we got Tom Holland from Wish Peter in the remaster, then Cubano Rican Miles (it's in the 1st game too IIRC), Mid Life Jane, and racist SlurX language. I'm good fam. I'm amazed they didn't completey botch Black Cat. It looks like Mario Wonder is going to be my next game purchase. 

Edit: Yep.....

Flag-Puerto-Rico.jpg

Edited by Darc_Requiem
11 minutes ago, axeman61 said:

I've seen other posts here and there picking at Spider-Man 2 for shit nobody cares about. I have to wonder: are these dudes just salty XBox fans or are they playing the engagement game somehow? Like, is there that much engagement pop in getting dunked on for these loser-ass takes?

Subway fast travels have been a thing since the first game LOL, dunno why it is suddenly an "issue". Definitely a lot faster than "swinging"

But yeah, all those disgruntled XBOX fans who have had their precious "exclusive" Starfield now eclipsed by SM 2/TOTK/Wonder (and even RE4make and BG 3 if you want to go around) are mostly those naysayers who want to nitpick everything LOL

9 minutes ago, axeman61 said:

I've seen other posts here and there picking at Spider-Man 2 for shit nobody cares about. I have to wonder: are these dudes just salty XBox fans or are they playing the engagement game somehow? Like, is there that much engagement pop in getting dunked on for these loser-ass takes?

Based on what I'm seeing online it's mostly discourse from Xbox fanboys right now.  There's posts of some of them for WHATEVER REASON...taking the time to go into photo mode in this game and trying to show that the game has clipping by turning Miles or Peter into an NPC

I didn't play the first one so this is my first "current-era" Spider-Man gaming experience, actually... this combat... it's delicious.

just thought of another one---with how fast-paced insane things can get... imagine if Insomniac produced a FLASH game....and you're speeding around the city trying to fight Reverse Flash, Zoom and others...other DC heroes and villains pop up out of nowhere for good measure.  I'm not sure the world could handle or is even deserving of such greatness.

7 hours ago, OPTIMUS124 said:

I wonder what the version indexing will be for that 🤣

PS5 related - How large of a drive do you all have? In 2023, 1TB just isn't cutting it. 

I have a 2TB. I didn't really get it for the PS5 though. I got it for my new laptop but the laptop is so thin there as clearance issue with the heatsink, so I just snagged another drive and popped it into my PS5. I sent the 1TB I had to Sonichuman. Which I'll always remember because UPS takes two days to deliver to VA from SC. I shipped it at 6:30pm and it got there midday the next day. I swear Sonichuman ran to the UPS Store in SC and ran back to VA himself. I deal with UPS daily, they are awful. They never exceed expectations. Except this one time. 🤣

Edited by Darc_Requiem
17 minutes ago, Faltimar the Dark said:

Just remember that 1TB is, at the very least, enough space for 10 games or less.  Also remember that any games you delete you may not be able to get back later on down the road. 

That's why I buy physical when I can. Some games I have digital only, like BG3 because it wasn't offered as a physical release. So I'll prioritize not deleting that over say, Spider-Man 1 and Miles, which I have on disc. That is a good point though, and something to keep in mind as the industry keeps moving towards a digital only market.

Edited by Chadouken
1 minute ago, axeman61 said:

I have 2TB. I didn't even know PS5 had expanded storage until the day I put that in for Amazon.

I hate that they released the PS5 with under a terabyte. So dumb, but I guess that's Sony. I expanded storage for the PS3 and PS4 too.

Literally the first thing I did with my PS3 and PS4 was swap out the existing hard drives for larger ones. Not that it make a huge difference, but I had a SATA SSD in my PS4. Too bad the system couldn't fully take advantage of it.

24 minutes ago, axeman61 said:

I have 2TB. I didn't even know PS5 had expanded storage until the day I put that in for Amazon.

I hate that they released the PS5 with under a terabyte. So dumb, but I guess that's Sony. I expanded storage for the PS3 and PS4 too.

I bought a 2TB NVME and external SSD when I got my PS5. I think an external is a must for people that still play PS4 games on the 5. 

11 hours ago, OPTIMUS124 said:

I wonder what the version indexing will be for that 🤣

PS5 related - How large of a drive do you all have? In 2023, 1TB just isn't cutting it. 

I don’t have anything installed on my PS5 that my girlfriend or I aren’t currently playing. I don’t see the point.

Oh man, I’m inconvenienced with having to install a game again some point. 🤷🏻 okay. 

Edited by iStu X