Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread vol. 2

2 hours ago, iStu X said:

I don’t have PS+. Not enough value in it for me. 

Isn't the basic version with cloud saves like 60 something bucks a year? I can understand not finding value in it; the free games month-to-month are lame most times. But if you have a variety of games you put a lot of time into, I could easily see value in that.

2 hours ago, axeman61 said:

Isn't the basic version with cloud saves like 60 something bucks a year? I can understand not finding value in it; the free games month-to-month are lame most times. But if you have a variety of games you put a lot of time into, I could easily see value in that.

It's $80 a year. They increased it by $20 and I noped out on my renewal. I have more games than I have time to play so the free games were meh for me. If I still bought my fighting games on PlayStation like I did last gen, they'd have me over a barrel, but I buy my fighting games on PC. Well except MK, but I haven't touched MK1 in months and have no plans to go back at this point. Ironically I only have my Nintendo Online subscription now. 

Which being able to control Kraid would be, a massive weapon, same as the machines that bring Z-57 back to life. 

But nothing I. The game specifically says any of this so it's kind of theory at best I guess. They never do say what Kraid is doing there or what the plans are. He's just kinda there cuz dude gets passed over for Ridley 10 out of 10 times. 

BD3 won't ever be on a subscription

Hogwarts Legacy Just Broke A 14-Year Games Industry Streak

For the first time since 2008, something other than Call of Duty or a Rockstar game was the best-seller

As Piscatella pointed out on Twitter, in 2008 Rock Band was the best-selling video game in the United States. Since then, every single year, Call of Duty or a Rockstar-published video game topped the charts. Here’s what that looks like:

2009 — Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
2010 — Call of Duty: Black Ops
2011 — Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
2012 — Call of Duty: Black Ops 2
2013 — Grand Theft Auto V
2014 — Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare
2015 — Call of Duty: Black Ops 3
2016 — Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare
2017 — Call of Duty: WWII
2018 — Red Dead Redemption 2
2019 — Call of Duty: Modern Warfare
2020 — Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War
2021 — Call of Duty: Vanguard
2022 — Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II
2023 — Hogwarts Legacy

haha, you know that must hurt a certain little loud group's feelings....that they were so hellbent on boycotting Hogwart's Legacy... and now we see the result is that it became THE best selling game of last year 🤣  I knew it was one of the top ranks but I wasn't aware that it was actually #1.

I still haven't been that far in the game; there's just so much good stuff out there at the moment and not enough time to play it all.... I'm still currently hooked on Baldur's Gate and Skyrim at the moment....along with Kingdoms of Amalur.

Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine was pretty decent for the time.  I've only played it on N64 but it has a PC port as well. 

There's actually of Indi games but I've played very few of them. He had games on the NeS and SNES, those Lego games, edutainment software. 

The SNES platformers are good, but like the Super Star Wars games are brutally difficult. 

42 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

The SNES platformers are good, but like the Super Star Wars games are brutally difficult. 

You know what's brutally difficult?  This fucking lizard frogass bitch in Jedi Survivor on master difficulty.  

I FUCKING hate it. 

Also,  it looks like I have to buy a goddamn XBox now. 

Edited by Chadouken
14 minutes ago, Chadouken said:

You know what's brutally difficult?  This fucking lizard frogass bitch in Jedi Survivor on master difficulty.  

I FUCKING hate it. 

Also,  it looks like I have to buy a goddamn XBox now. 

Haven't played that so I dunno what youre talking about...

And yea Indi looked pretty cool. 

Edited by RSG3
Just now, Wellman said:

I keep underestimating how many Harry Potter fans are out there. The series never clicked with me besides the third or fourth movies, but I do give credit to the quality of the world building even if it has a shit ton of issues.

I forget, which episode is it when we're allowed to think Hermione is hot?