Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread vol. 2

3 minutes ago, BornWinner said:

Spider-Man 2 spoilers. Look if you dare.

Hide contents

Miles’ final suit being an Adidas ad is hilarious because I see no one liking this shit.

Some even calling it the worst suit Spider-Man has ever worn.

Yeah...I saw that while my wife was playing it and...it's def a look.  I saw a bit of people making fun of it in my twitter feed.

vids

2 hours ago, iStu X said:

To the shock of no one the collection everyone knew was going to be a dumpster fire is indeed a dumpster fire. 

I just now got a chance to watch this video and jesus man...there's so many weird decisions and just weird shit going on in here.  And its even more egregious when they start comparing stuff to the HD collections for 360/ps3.  Really a shame they couldn't be bothered at all to clean up the resolution on MGS1 at all.  Fans already proved that it could be done through a PC mod but Konami couldn't be bothered.  Switch having frame pacing issues is a wild thing.  If it was consistently capped at 30 fps then that would have been whatever but then they showed that the game is capable of getting to 60 fps if you got into a locker.  They really did a piss poor job of optimizing the game.  And then there's whatever the hell is going on with the Series version of the game with the aliasing and texture quality somehow being worse than the HD release.  Truly baffling.

Any tips on laying F̶i̶n̶a̶l̶ ̶F̶a̶n̶t̶a̶s̶y̶ ̶4̶0̶K̶ Fort Condor in the Yuffie Expansion? I think I’m going to tackle that next since it’s a short and sweet expansion starring my  favorite FF7 character The Great Ninja Yuffie! 

Edited by iStu X
1 hour ago, AriesWarlock said:

https://news.blizzard.com/en-us/diablo4/24023220/catch-up-on-the-diablo-iv-blizzcon-opening-ceremony?fbclid=IwAR2xawX-UGiwUiyBDConLQnEYWt2xjcPG6I59-1SJhA0IgpKiKJd0790HYM

One thing that immediately interests me is the new character class--- I'm hopeful because they mention "never before seen in the Diablo universe".  This is awesome news, because I was fearing that they'd go with what everyone was expecting to be added: Crusader, or probably Witch Doctor, something like that.....see, that would be the lame way to go imo since they are classes that have already existed before.  The smart play is indeed to make the first newly added character class be something entirely new....add those other old ones *later*, perhaps in the 2nd expansion or just one of the later seasons.

...of course that's also partial bias speaking, because for a long time I was not a fan of the Crusader class anyway.  Even when it became a good class to play later on in D3, it still wasn't my first choice; it could never top the Necromancer or Wizard in terms of interesting/fun builds, powers, and concept, at least for me.

I would like them to eventually add the blood knight or whatever they call that "basically, a vampire" class from Diablo Immortal at some point....it's no longer "entirely new" since it's in Immortal but it would be nice to have that existing in D4.

Edited by MillionX
On 11/2/2023 at 11:49 AM, BornWinner said:

Spider-Man 2 spoilers. Look if you dare.

Hide contents

Miles’ final suit being an Adidas ad is hilarious because I see no one liking this shit.

Some even calling it the worst suit Spider-Man has ever worn.

Spoiler

Cropping the top of the mask for his hair to show, the sneakers and the blue makes it look gaudy. If they fixed those things the costume would be alright

Edited by Hawkingbird

Finally some real info on Bloodlines 2 is revealed.. recently... may have been posted earlier because this is a couple of days old, I guess...

So they are going with the Mass Effect approach here, where it is a certain named main character but you can change certain aspects of this character.... the character's true extent of power is apparently locked away, likely with the symbol on the hand and other parts of the body (magic wards of some sort, I'm assuming)...so this will explain away why you aren't just godlike right from the start compared to these other "lesser" vamps in the city.

I saw that IGN gave CoD MW3 2023's campaign a 4 and then a I see people shitting on the game also saying the campaign is garbage.  Shame...

Spoiler

There's no way this character doesn't have a taunt of a line where he says in a singing tone "YOUR WELCOMMME!!!"

Edited by Sonichuman
23 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

saw that IGN gave CoD MW3 2023's campaign a 4 and then a I see people shitting on the game also saying the campaign is garbage.  Shame...

Apparently The campaign is barely four hours and the writing is absolute trash. I’ve read people saying they’d rather play ghost. Lol

robot cop rogue city looks so good though. Not gonna lie. It’s gunna be one of those undercover hits/underrated gems like Mad Max was during the PS4/Xbox One era

Edited by iStu X
5 hours ago, iStu X said:

Any tips on laying F̶i̶n̶a̶l̶ ̶F̶a̶n̶t̶a̶s̶y̶ ̶4̶0̶K̶ Fort Condor in the Yuffie Expansion? I think I’m going to tackle that next since it’s a short and sweet expansion starring my  favorite FF7 character The Great Ninja Yuffie! 

I think you can go at your own pace for most of the battles, but for the later ones, you would have to be ULTRA aggressive and bomb the opponent's base as hard and quick as possible (I'm taking bout ending the match in 2-3 minutes) or else you're gonna be overwhelmed pretty quick. Be sure to always keep troops that can regenerate at a quick pace

Late VGM Friday post

Anniversaries

Crash Bandicoot Warped (25), Castlevania: Rondo of Blood ( 30), Red Dead Redemption 2 (5) and Super Mario Bros. 2 (35)

Spoiler

I'm not super familiar with Crash's ost but there is definitely one track that I do remember

I still haven't completed my playthrough of this game...gotta get back to that at some point.  The quality of the music from this game still surprises me even now.

Live version from TGA

^This does have vocals

Reg contribution

^Sonic finds himself in an oil refinery in Los Santos

Usually only do 1 sonic track but I was missing another random out of my playlist since I've been so busy and I've been listening to this new release all day so...

Just beat Final Fantasy 16. Over all I liked it quite a bit, but they made some decisions that I found pretty strange, and the game perhaps peaks a bit early and has a hard time recovering. 

Also maybe they took a bit too much inspiration from Game of Theones cuz this games kinda depressing for a Final Fantasy game...

I have other thoughts but gonna ruminate on them some more before I write them down. 

4 hours ago, AriesWarlock said:

Dude is stuck in the past and making a lot of old assumptions.  Its also super surface level because if he took the time to think about it, the person who bought this probably has money to burn and probably has a decent job.  I don't think the person who has this has much trouble really getting laid if they really wanted to.

Edited by Sonichuman

*Interesting---Mike's hot take there does indeed sound like something I'd expect from an older generation guy...like any guy from the Boomer generation *maybe* the oldest of the Gen-X...... the odd thing is that he doesn't look that old; at least from that profile pic I'd guess he's a fellow Gen-Xer.

I actually had Iron & Blood!  It at least looked decent/cool enough to spark my curiosity at the time.  Yeah, it was a disappointing purchase to say the least....sad because it seemed like the potential was there for that to be cool.

*I stopped by a Gamestop recently and got the new Gannondorf amiibo....I learned my lesson from last time not to put off buying collectible things like that, because once they're gone, usually that's it...they're gone from stores forever.