Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread vol. 2

BG3- Ok yeah on another character "Gazoo" (warlock Gnome) with Wyll in the party----I see this probably won't last long; so many things I see the message "Wyll disapproves" 🤣  I just saved Sazaa so we're off to that goblin camp and we'll see how that turns out.  I've already heard that sometimes characters end up just leaving your party.  Of course... his fate will be sealed the moment that happens.  

Earlier we helped those 2 Tieflings murder Lae'zel, then I looted her clothes and everything so she lay there dead and half naked in a pool of blood...nice......then I turned around and killed the female Tiefling....we got a little 15 exp for that.  The dude was too far off in the distance so he got away.

On 2/24/2024 at 1:00 AM, Hecatom said:

GFLE3iqXkAAutND.png?ex=65ebbd7d&is=65d94

I can't co-sign Fallout. The first two games are worth it for the CRPG fan. Maybe less so for the people who started with the Bethesda games

If this means the original versions of FF1 & 2 then yeah. Considering how often those games have been remade I don't see any reason to avoid them. Any version of FF1 & 2 after the release of Origins is worth playing. The PSP remakes being the best ones imo. 

BG3 -  man, I wish these bonuses were permanent... I found a Shar temple with statues, and each of them grants significant bonuses to certain stats....of course I had my warlock character get the Charisma one... so now he has 24 charisma at the moment. (level 6)  Unfortunately, these "Dark Lady's Awareness" bonuses are only stated to last "until long rest".

There was also a really cool battle just a while ago against some "shadow" enemies and shadow-cursed dead people... they had no chance, especially now with my honey Minthara in the crew, equipped with that legendary Blood of Lathander mace.  It has a "radiant" damage effect, and the shadows (and I think enemies that are in the general "undead" category) take increased damage from radiant attacks.  The last shadow got one-shotted from that shit.

24 minutes ago, Wellman said:

Damn it is a terrible time to be working in the game industry unless you are in a Japanese type outfit where the number crunchers can't use the lay off card to save money or increase profit.

The only real benefit there seems to be to working in Japan as opposed to say America, is that you won't ever get fired. They apparantly need fire anyone in Japan, ever. They just ignore them and keep it the company going anyway. It's kinda weird but the job security aspect has to be really nice.

The rest of their work culture tho seems just as poisonous as our own, if not more so I ways honestly. As a non-drinker the after work social obligations would fucking kill me me lol

Edit: I am not black lol. 

Edited by RSG3
8 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

@Darc_RequiemIf I remember right you like tactics RPGs do you have any interest in Unicorn Overlord? Looks like the Ogre Battle 64 sequel I never got from Quest. 

I spent 7 hours on the demo this weekend. I kept wondering when the demo would end. I think it may just be hard locked at 7 hours. I ended up committing the sin of pre-ordering. Between the genre, and Vanillaware, it was an easy sell for them to me. 

With Unicorn Overlord also coming out soon, I feel like this is the first time in awhile when I have so many great games in my backlog. Currently on Persona 3R as I never really played any of the previous releases. Then I still have Mario Wonder, BG3 Act 3 to finish, Prince of Persia and Granblue Fantasy Relink to finish. I'll be honest, I'm enjoying Granblue Fantasy more than Monster Hunter. I couldn't get into MH for whatever reason. However, there are so many different play styles in Granblue I love it.

By the way, do any of you have any tips for getting into the FF7 Remake battle system. I tried the Remake awhile ago, but for whatever reason the battle system didn't click with me. I really want to get back into that game with all the hype around Rebirth.

Edited by JGreen
34 minutes ago, JGreen said:

By the way, do any of you have any tips for getting into the FF7 Remake battle system. I tried the Remake awhile ago, but for whatever reason the battle system didn't click with me. I really want to get back into that game with all the hype around Rebirth.

To still think of it as something of a turn based rpg. Your normal mash square attacks really don't do much damage until you've staggered someone, they are more for building ATB Bar so you can use Abilities and cast Spells. Also dodging really doesn't have any i-frames at all and yoy really are supposed to use the Block button often. It works, it's very useful. 

Otherwise advice starts to become more specific. As you aquire Materia pay atrention to moving it between characters to keep it leveling up, experiment with the Blue, Yellow, and Purple Materias, especially Purple they can alter the way the game plays for you as they alter how characters function. And don't forget you can play as, as well as give your team mates commands while playing someone else. The game wants to you to multi-manage a decent amount of stuff. 

2 hours ago, Chadouken said:

I unlocked Helldive difficulty last night, which is the hardest difficulty.  The one before that is called Impossible and is fucking INTENSE.  Pure adrenaline rush. Helldive is gonna be ridiculous 😂

I'm definitely not there yet.  I just started dabbling in Level 5 with the bugs and the Automatons and that has been crazy enough right now.  I need to unlock that 500KG pronto!

Some screenshots of start screen/main menus of games I've recently gotten -

Zry4cZe.png

zd5F67K.png

eBLF9bT.png

CZct44j.png

BnGBzqm.png

ciBZUVe.png

The only one I've played so far is Windowkill.  Its a neat little shooter game.  The window gets smaller as your playing (its kinda fast) and you have to shoot the edges of the screen to extend the window.  Bosses and mini bosses appear in separate windows, sometimes in multiple windows.  Its neat and fun and worth the 5 bucks. 

Bandle Tale looks cute and fun.  I've never played League of Legends but Ive played like 3 or 4 of these LoL Story games and have enjoyed them. 

Here is a video -