Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread vol. 2

Just now, Sonichuman said:

P4AU getting ported to PS4, Switch, and Steam.

Wasn't expecting that.

I assume/hope is the last version of the game, since that one remained exclusive to arcades.

I know people will start asking if it has rollback, but if is only a port of the old game + the balance patch i doubt it 😕

Giancarlo Esposito is on stage now to do best independent game, award went to Kena.  Well deserved.  Kena also got best debut indie game.  They did a really solid job for their first outing.

Edit:  I'll update this post for now.

World Premiere coming up, game done by Ninja Theory so it has to be Senua Sacrifice 2 aaaand it is.  Apparently they're saying all of this is in game.  Looking really good graphically as expected.  Very Cinematic, behind the back RE4 style...feel the camera is way too close on Senua though but that's personal.  Her head is coming up to the top of the shot as she's walking in the cave.  Looks like they're about to literrally fight a Titan for AoT that embedded itself in the wall.  I was fully expect it to go to shit....oh there it is.  Aaaaand now they're running and tossing flaming spears at this thing.  Bruh...lol  JUST RUN.  This thing is crawling and chasing after Senua while people are trying to throw flaming spears at it.  They try to hide in this wooden encampment which...gets fucked as expected.   The Titan and Senua seem to talk to each other and that's the end of the trailer.

coming up next is a new game announcement.  Lucasfilm?  Out in space so...it has to be StarWars related obviously.  It can't be Knights of the Old Republic since that was already announce so not sure what this is.  Looks like it takes place during 1-3. Game is called Star Wars Eclipse.

now going on to global gaming citizen...

Edited by Sonichuman

Gonna update here now since I put vids up

WTF.  Pete Hines has a commercial right now with A TON OF GAME CODES ON IT.  YOU'RE GONNA HAVE TO PAUSE THE VIDEO TO GET THOSE CODES.  You don't even know what the game is you're getting.  WTH LOL.

Looks like they're showing a moba game....not sure what this is.  Play free Feb 11.  Dude sorta sounds like Doctor Claw a lil bit..  Game is called Lost Ark.

New game announcement.  Warner Bros.  Injustice 3?  wait no...Monolith is involved.  Is this just a straight up Wonder Woman game?  Yes it is.  It's a Wonder Woman game being deved by Monolith.

Moving on to Best Performance.  Oh wow..Maggie Robertson toppled Giancarlo and took it.  That dress she's wearing wow...lol.  Let it be known that the you should not underestimate thirst.  She did a good job though so happy for her.

Moving on to another game.  Oh wow its Alan Wake 2.  Did not see that coming!  I thought for a moment that it was Silent Hill.  Game comes 2023.  Game will be more Survival Horror.  There will be more shown Summer 2022.

Ok Ben Schwartz is coming on stage now.  So this is either the movie or the game....gonna assume movie trailer.  Yeah Sonic 2 movie.  Jim Carrey going crazy lol.  Ok finally showing the trailer.  They straight up made a call back to Adventure 1 opening for Sonic's story.  Appaarently he's fighting crime.  Yeah looks like the Eggman got his hand on the Master Emerald?  it's a bit small but I'm going to guess that's what it is.  Lord...Knux just ended Sonic's whole career lol.

Going to  into a new trailer for Horizon Zero Dawn 2.  Game is looking amazing with really nice transitions.  I gotta put my son to bed  so I won't be able to update anymore until I get back.

Edited by Sonichuman

Been watching the stuff while getting my son to sleep.  I do hope Sonic Frontiers is good but I'm gonna need some actual gameplay.  The fandom has been making and fooling around with a more open world Sonic game for over a decade so lets see what Sega actually comes up with.

FF7RI showing up as PC was expected but I had a laugh that it's showing up as EGS exclusive.

vids

Spoiler

Alan Wake 2 Announcement^

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EyUGYL9aSww

^Slitterhead

Warhammer Space Marine 2?  Wow....how long has it been since the first one?  PS3/360 era IIRC correct?

Gonna start updating again with this post.

New Saints Row Footage now.  Blowing up a cop car in the first 10 secs of footage.   Showing the different gangs you'll be dealing with in the game.  Got a flight suit a la Just Cause 3.  coming 08/23  Guns, explosions, taco suits.

Fall Guys is going to have a Nightmare Before Christmas event.  Goths and Hot Topic fans are all going crazy somewhere.

Paul George is coming up to present best action game.  Best Action game went to Metroid Dread.  Dread's first award of the night.

Moving on to a world premeire from Funcom.  Not sure what is happening right now it looks like uh..it's in space...on a disembodied hand?  And the hand just crushed everything.  Called Dune Spice Wars.  Coming to Steam.

Ashley Burch and Will Arnette coming out onto the stage now.  Now showing a new Trailer for Tiny Tina's Wonderlands.  Same gameplay you expect from Wonderlands but with Magic and D&D stuff and of course the Borderlands humor.  Game is coming March 25th.

Now showing Amongu Us VR.    Lord that sounds fun but also heart pounding.

uhh......WHAT THE HELL IS THIS....Some K-pop kids dancing on the screen right now.  I think I missed Keighley announcing what the name of this.  Uh...guess it's called Dokev?  I'm still not sure what that was about.

Moving on to a Genshin Impact trailer.  And looks like a sneak peak at an upcoming character.

And this game is using human sized doll marionettes.  Game is called Steelrising. interesting..

Getting a death game that looks like it plays like that Bullets Per Minute game.  Probably the same devs but it's actually going to be using Death Metal music complete with the cookie monster vocals.  Game is called Death Singer.

Now getting a trailer for Rocket League.  Rocket League Side Swipe for the phone.

Brand new game announcement now.  From Telltale games.  Looks like they're doing a Star Trek Telltale game.  My wife is going to flip.  Yeah she's going to love this game to death.  If I don't get this game for her she'll probably try to divorce me.  Star Trek Resurgence.

Reggie is taking the stage now.  Presenting the award for best on going game.  Game went to Final Fantasy XIV.  Game also won best community support.  Well deserved imo.

New game coming from Iron Galaxy.  Trailer is talking about competition.  Uh...looks like this is some fort of maybe free for all brawler  maybe? Game is heavily stylized.  disproportionate body sizes and what not.  Attack people with chairs and eat stuff to gain power.  Body slam people.  Game is called Rumbleverse.  Coming to Sony, M$ and PC.

Now moving on to a Plaguetale Requiem.  Rats...lots of rats.

New cg story trailer for Dying Light 2.  Showing various characters running and trying to avoid zombies as well as other people.  Dad didn't quite make it to his son.

game from Smilegate and Remedy.  4 people jump out of a plane in flight suits.  Game is Crossfire X.  I keep forgetting that this game is a thing.  Coming Feb 10th.

Imagine Dragons and Darren Korb and Ashley Barret are doing a musical performance in honor of the 10th anniversary of Bastion.  Singing "Build that Wall".  alright and then they transitioned straight into "Enemy".  Oh wow now they're mixing Build that Wall in a bit with Enemy.  I'm naming this perfomance "Build that Enemy".

Jackcepticeye and another lady that I'm not sure who she is.  Innovation in accessibility goes to Forza Horizon 5.  Also won best Sport/Racing game.

GTFO is getting released right now.  Releasing a trailer for the 1.0 build of the game after it's been in Early Access for the past 2 years.  Looks like this is more story based trailer. 

They dragged Jeff Goldblum into advertising for Raid lol.

Showing the World Premiere now for the Halo TV series on Paramount that's being made with Steven Spielberg.  Shame this is only on Paramount Plus cause I'd probably watch this.  I'll just have to wait.

Best Game Direction Award goes to Deathloop.

Best esports game went to League of Legends, Best Family Game went to It Takes two. (holy hell they beat ninty in this cat..they've owned this category just about every year), Best Fighting Game went to Guilty Gear Strive, Best Sim went to Age of Empires IV, Best VR game went to RE4 VR, Most anticipated game went to Elden Ring.

New World Premiere Trailer for Elden Ring now.  This trailer is more story based it seems.  Game comes 02/25/2022.

Keanu Reeves and Carrie Anne Moss coming up to show the Matrix thing and then we're getting to the GotY orchestra followed by GotY.

World premiere game play of a Nexon game.  Looks like it's a 3rd person shooter that's pretty open.  Shooting a lot of mechanical robot things.  There a huge spider bot that stomping around the city and it looks like you can work with others to bring it down and blow it up.  Game is called Arc Raiders.  Coming to new gen systems and Steam.

Keanu and Carrie Anne on screen now.  Now I'm guesssing they're showing a clip of Matrix Ressurections but it's animated through Unreal Engine 5.  I mean it looks really good.  I was confused as to what's going on but I can JUST BARELY tell.  Ok so I'm wrong on this...the first thing was an ACTUAL clip from Ressurections with digital actors and now they're showing a piece of The Matrix Awakens that available to download now on PS5/Xbox SeX.

Neil Druckmann is taking the stage now and presenting the GotY orchestra now.  It Takes Two took GotY.  woooow....lol.  This guy lol.  I'm gonna have to look up more footage of It Takes Two cause I knew people thought it was good but I didn't think it was gonna GotY over the other nominees.

Show is done.

Edited by Sonichuman