Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread vol. 2

1 hour ago, iStu X said:

I’m not being facetious when I say this but 

Angry Who Is This GIF by Team Coco

Saber Interactive is 1 of the 2 developers who have been successful doing miracle work in porting games like Witcher 3 to the Switch.  They haven't been as prevalent as Panic Button has been in terms of porting but they also deved the recent 2K arcade games (Playgrounds and Battlegrounds) as well as having a hand in porting the Crysis remastered series.

Edited by Sonichuman

this Dead Cells run is still on since I just had it in standby/sleep mode the rest of the work day... with 18 points on Brutality right now....I'm at the High Peak Castle at this point; just killed the Scarecrow.

• Giantkiller V-S sword is doing 4767 regular dps... 17,509 on critical!  I have the "Flawless" spear in the backpack but haven't bothered using it.
  • Legendary Knife Dance = 1474 dps from bleed damage.
  • Sinew Slicer does 309 dps on bleed damage and generates that toxic cloud ..which further boosts the Giantkiller sword damage since it does extra to poisoned targets.
  • Vengeance mutation, one of the best, imo-- gives me +77% damage bonus after being hit on top of -30% damage reduction.
  • I get 32% damage bonus from the "Combo" mutation.

The synergies you can get going on in this game are beautiful.

yeah, it's possible I'll be addicted to this and Curse of the Dead Gods forever.

Edited by MillionX
6 hours ago, HD-Man said:

Yea, definitely interested in seeing more Franklin, kinda seemed like he had the least development in the original story although what was there was good. This may actually make me pick the game up again

Franklin better have leveled up Lamar with him. He was dumb af and created problems but he was loyal. He practically became a member of the crew by the end of the game and held his own against the FBI. He should get some success thrown his way too. 

16 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

Franklin better have leveled up Lamar with him. He was dumb af and created problems but he was loyal. He practically became a member of the crew by the end of the game and held his own against the FBI. He should get some success thrown his way too. 

Lamar needs his own side story DLC, mfer was hilarious. I only recently found out dude from the Black Jesus show voiced him 🤣

59 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

Saber Interactive is 1 of the 2 developers who have been successful doing miracle work in porting games like Witcher 3 to the Switch.  The haven't been as prevalent as Panic Button has been but in terms of porting but they also deved the recent 2K arcade games (Playgrounds and Battlegrounds) as well as having a hand in porting the Crysis remastered series.

Ooooh right. Now the name rings a bell. They’re made of witch craft and sorcery 

2 hours ago, Hecatom said:

On another subject, is already winter/december

Where the dlc chars for MBTL and GBFVS 🤔

Think Which One GIF

i know granblue fes is this weekend so we will prob know if season 3 is happening or not this weekend

but im pretty sure melty dlc is gonna be shadow dropped or type moon is going to randomly hold an event and it dropped immediately after

3 minutes ago, nickmanx5 said:

i know granblue fes is this weekend so we will prob know if season 3 is happening or not this weekend

but im pretty sure melty dlc is gonna be shadow dropped or type moon is going to randomly hold an event and it dropped immediately after

I just really, really hope we get a s3 plus the announcement of rollback for the game.

The game got fucked because the pandemic, and just hope that Cygames has not given up on it for not selling as well as they expected due to that.

I kinda want to think that their focus on having an esport presence both with teams for other games and a game of their own is enough motivator to keep supporting the game.

I think that having a S3 being like a soft relaunch/ re-release of the game plus the addition of rollback will help the game gain the traction it needs.

Since outside SFV, is the only other game that is on that ballpark in terms of gameplay to satisfy that side of the fgc.

Edited by Hecatom

So...

... since Jump force is dying soon, the game is like 5 bucks for everything, so a friend of mine with whom i share accounts bought it.

Man, the cinematics and graphics of the game are worse than when you watch them on youtube, lol.

You can barely make cute waifus on this pos, they all have yaoi hands, what a tragedy.

Edited by Hecatom
9 hours ago, Sonichuman said:

Haven't seen Egoraptor's name come up in awhile.

Him being involved makes me not want to get the game (I’m still going to). He’s such an asshole. He shits on everyone that helped him get to where he is now. He doesn’t even acknowledge his beginnings on New Grounds or as a fledging voice actor. 

I use to be a huge fan of him and the grumps channel but the bigger his channel got the more of a self entitled fuck he became. All he’s done is surrounded himself with yes men. 

Edited by iStu X
2 hours ago, Sonichuman said:

vids

Hide contents

Is funny how the game is still in its infancy, and players/smashers are already questioning its viability as a game, lol

I was watching the Garfield trailer and this was on my feed.

Gonna watch it to see what points does he have.

Edit

Also, is it me, or is almost every stage a variation of Final Destination 🤔

Edited by Hecatom
18 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

Also, is it me, or is almost every stage a variation of Final Destination 🤔

Thats what the smash comp scene wants.   Variations of battlefield and final destination and thats it.  Don't want to worry about stage hazards or anything could be remotely be considered random for either opponent. 

Just now, Sonichuman said:

Thats what the smash comp scene wants.   Variations of battlefield and final destination and thats it.  Don't want to worry about stage hazards or anything could be remotely be considered random for either opponent. 

Yeah, I know, but one would think that the people behind the game would at least put some effort into bringing variety for the casual market that could be interested in the game who happens to be the majority of the sales figures 😅

Since i have not kept an eye on the game, i don't really know how well received was by the general population, or if it has items on it, since i have only seen the trailers, and they focus them on 1 vs 1 showcase.

That and a video from dunkey where it was also 1 vs 1, and there were some busted shit happening with launcher attacks and keeping the opponent trapped between a platform while doing the launcher attack.

Not really a good impression 🤣

Edited by Hecatom
1 minute ago, Hecatom said:

Yeah, I know, but one would think that the people behind the game would at least put some effort into bringing variety for the casual market that could be interested in the game who happens to be the majority of the sales figures 😅

Since i have not kept an eye on the game, i don't really know how well received was by the general population, or if it has items on it, since i have only seen the trailers, and they focus them on 1 vs 1 showcase.

That and a video from dunkey where it was also 1 vs 1, and there were some busted shit happening with launcher attacks and keeping the opponent trapped between a platform while doing the launcher attack.

Not really a good impression 🤣

I started watching that vid you posted aaaand a lot of his points about the game were the same criticisms I had about.  Haven't finished it yet but that I remember saying something about the movesets for most of the cast being uninspired and the vid talks about the homogenized movesets too.  Game isn't horrible...Just lacking in areas to keep it from reaching good status.

6 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

I started watching that vid you posted aaaand a lot of his points about the game were the same criticisms I had about.  Haven't finished it yet but that I remember saying something about the movesets for most of the cast being uninspired and the vid talks about the homogenized movesets too.  Game isn't horrible...Just lacking in areas to keep it from reaching good status.

Yeah, i am watching it right now, and it seems that is not a hottake but solid criticism that many here have voiced.

I want to say though, that for being a GameMill Entertainment game, it is on the higher end of the spectrum of quality.

Dunno if people are aware, but they are basically a shovelware factory.

With their games being just average at best.

Plus, i think is the first time they make a game of this type, so for that i think i gave them a pass.

They are essentially your to go studio for cheap licensed games.

(Just look and thei youtube channel to see the kind of games they do XD

https://www.youtube.com/c/GameMillEntertainment/videos

)

The nick games they make are clearly their biggest games, but is clear that the licensing costs force them to take corners in what they implement on them.

So far, i think that their latest kart game didnt have voices like this game.

And i am not sure, but i think that the 1st kart game did have voices, at least generic grunts.

So i don't know what is happening behind the scenes that they are being forced to take away the costs of including the voices (perhaps a voice acting guild thing?)

They are okish games, not on the same level of Mario Kart, and even less on the level of Crash Team Racing Nitro Fueled.

But are clearly above the other games they make, putting them on the B category of games, imo

Edited by Hecatom
12 hours ago, J-ride said:

Ubisoft is a dirty company but I might be willing to ride that NFT wave for an easy pump and dump.

Ubisoft is a mixed bag for me.

On one hand, they do a lot of shit that the other big 3 do.

But at the same time, they are one of the few big ones that is willing to double down on their games and not let them die without putting a fight, plus also tend to have a more varied catalog, even if at times they seem to homogenize elements on their games, you can still see them willing to reinvent franchises and take risks with new ips.

They certainly have bad things, but at least for me, their good things outweighs the bad, not by much, but enough for me to be willing to pay attention to their games.

Like  RSG3 said, they just recently released Riders Republic, and that game is really fun so far.

It has its problems, but they are fixable.

2 minutes ago, Sonero said:

Can't wait for Nickelodeon Bathtime Fun wins fighting game of the year!

I voted for MBTL, but we all know that game wouldnt win 🥲

And is not like those Awards mean anything anyway, lol

As I see it is between Nick All Stars and Demon Slayer.

Although it seems that the Demon Slayer game while looking really good (like old cyberconnect ps2 era games/ASW fgs) it doesnt have too much content.

The outlier could be Strive, but fuck that game 🤣

Virtua Fighter winning would be nice, but that game is sadly as niche as MBTL

Edited by Hecatom

I just got my Switch OLED in the mail and set it up. God damn the screen difference is like night and day. I’ve been playing my Switch handheld a lot more recently thanks to Brilliant Diamond (you’re not missing out on anything) but now with my OLED I WANT to play handheld instead of just thinking it’s the “preferred” way to play certain games. 

Its also really weird but oddly refreshing see my home menu being a blank slate. I’m going to try my hardest to keep it that way. That way I game hop less and don’t get so anxious about not starting/finishing certain games. 

I sound like a gross fanboy when I saw this but having the OLED is like falling in love with the switch all over again. 

now to beat brilliant Diamond so I never have to touch it again.