Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread vol. 2

42 minutes ago, iStu X said:

It’s weird. Out of all these games shown tonight there’s not a single one that’s a “must play” title for me or made me go “oh shit!”

They’re just all super “🤷🏼‍♂️“ to me 

this is basically me but at least i got persona 4u and kof trailer. what really suprised me was that k9999 is somehow popular enough to survive getting erased from cannon and reintroduced with longer hair and a actual name which i guess is also character development so a win-win. 

i  forgot he even somehow beat out a nigga specifically designed to be a more popular replacement.

Edited by nickmanx5
1 hour ago, Sonichuman said:

Showing the World Premiere now for the Halo TV series on Paramount that's being made with Steven Spielberg.  Shame this is only on Paramount Plus cause I'd probably watch this.  I'll just have to wait.

My “paramount plus is coming to gamepass” senses are tingling 

2 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

The TGAs are fucking awful. This show is 2 hours of filler and 1 hours of awards.

It’s why I don’t watch it. I just follow Nibel and Wario64’s tweets. It’s three hours of paid advertising and games patting themselves on the back over awards that don’t actually matter. 

Edited by iStu X

I must be the only one then who actually likes TGA's then.  I don't even mind Keighley cause I think he's just trying to do something for the game industry and give people more public recognition for there achievements.   Most of the trailers didn't do much for me either but I got what I wanted.  Excuse me while I go watch the Sonic 2 movie trailer a few more times.

6 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

I must be the only one then who actually likes TGA's then.  I don't even mind Keighley cause I think he's just trying to do something for the game industry and give people more public recognition for there achievements.   Most of the trailers didn't do much for me either but I got what I wanted.  Excuse me while I go watch the Sonic 2 movie trailer a few more times.

My issue with the the TGAs is it's mostly filler. They could have cut an hour out of the show and it would have still been bloated. I mean Keighley started reeling off awards in rapid succession at the end like the show was pressed for time. It was over 3 hours. What he says the shows is and what it actually is are two different things. Its not a celebration of the industry. It's bunch of ads, musical acts, and general things that add little to the main subject matter of the  show. They just take valuable time away from what matters. People winning awards should have at least have a chance for an acceptance speech.

1 minute ago, Hawkingbird said:

It's difficult to have an award show without filler. Seeing people accept awards and give speeches isn't the most entertaining thing to watch. It's why I don't watch any award shows. I catch highlights. 

In the case of the TGAs, the awards were the filler. I mean the TGA orchestra got more time for the GOTY announcement than the actual GOTY winner. The pacing for this show was atrocious. 

6 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

My issue with the the TGAs is it's mostly filler. They could have cut an hour out of the show and it would have still been bloated. I mean Keighley started reeling off awards in rapid succession at the end like the show was pressed for time. It was over 3 hours. What he says the shows is and what it actually is are two different things. Its not a celebration of the industry. It's bunch of ads, musical acts, and general things that add little to the main subject matter of the  show. They just take valuable time away from what matters. People winning awards should have at least have a chance for an acceptance speech.

I mean what public award show isn't though?  Music awards have a ton more music acts that take place as well as ads  since that's more relevant to that. Movie Awards do the same thing but they barely have any trailers for new movies but they have performances and what not during as well along with ads.   I mean I think this works for what I expect for a public game industry awards show.

The one thing that is pretty noticeable this year for TGA though is that Nintendo didn't bring pretty much anything to the show.  They didn't even bring anything disappointing like Cranky Kong.  They did have that ad for upcoming games but this makes me wonder if they didn't bring any trailers for anything does that mean that there's a potential Direct incoming?

Vids

Spoiler

29 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

I mean what public award show isn't though?  Music awards have a ton more music acts that take place as well as ads  since that's more relevant to that. Movie Awards do the same thing but they barely have any trailers for new movies but they have performances and what not during as well along with ads.   I mean I think this works for what I expect for a public game industry awards show.

Even taking all that into account. That doesn't excuse the pacing. Dropping four five announcements in succession. Nothing for a half hour is bad form. Maybe I missed something it wasn't my main focus, but there seemed to be a point around 40 to 45 minutes where literally noting happened at all. They could have at least staggered the reveals they had to prevent a lull. That said, there is just no reason for this show to be well over three hours. It's like someone took a 12oz can of soda and dumped it into an empty liter bottle just added water.

Some new free DLC for Blasphemous dropped and I wanted to leave a review of it for you guys. Here it goes:

I'm not playing that bullshit ass fetch questing horse shit ever again. If I wanna have a hard time getting some power up I'm never gonna use, I'll go sign up for some shitty high interest credit card and leave it in my wallet. Because right in my digital wallet is where most of the power ups in this shit ass game stayed.

On second thoughts, I may turn it back on again to see this asshole go through the bad ending a second time.

Fuck'em and the horse he would've rode on had his world not been filled with goofed up catholic guilt.

P.S. After doing some research, it turns out that beating the additional DLC doesn't delete the game from your computer. So 0/10 not even worth doing the extra content.

That matrix experience thing...its neat tech.  It looks like a really good FMV game so...its still kinda bad.  I just thought it was funny that all them agents gettin' killed in that "game" and when they die they just turn into a green cloud of numbers or some shit.  But, you know, really those guys would just vanish from the body they took over and that body would still be flying through the air, turning into chunks.  sorry it made me laugh

4 hours ago, elliephil said:

Can't wait for Sonic riding a horse and shining a light to take down a series of giants 😃

I want to see Sonic climbing a tower or mountain face before jumping off into the air and either hang gliding or having a wing suit type power... That isn't holding onto one of his companions feet while they do it.

Just finished watching that Matrix Awakens thing. Look a impressive but also looks really fake. Guess that's issue with doing real life shit. 

As impressive as all this is, if Unreal 5 can't figure out how to deal with the texture load issue the last two Unreal Engines have had then I dunno what to say. This is all impressive and shit but show the world load in. I wanna know if Epic has finally felt with their problems. Doesn't really matter how realistic your game is when it break immersion every 10 minutes struggling to load textures in. 

I bring it up because it's one of the few flaws SMTV has. Texture pop in is fucking everywhere and it look fucking awful. Like Demons textures load late when looming in the Compendium even. A fucking menu. 

VGM FRIDAY...First post will pay tribute to Halo franchise since Infinite released yesterday  (and somehow got player's voice award last night at VGA which made absolutely no sense and it was a 100% voter award).  I've only beat 2 and 3 and played a bit of 1 but I have 1-ODST on my playlist so that's what I'll be focusing on.

Spoiler

original

Trailer that came with this piece

Something I did not know while looking up these tracks is that Steve Vai is on the guitar for this one and they did another version of this on Halo 2A and called it Genesong and brought Steve Vai back to just go nuts on it.  It sounds like Steve asked them what should he do for the track and they just went "Yes".

1 hour ago, RSG3 said:

Just finished watching that Matrix Awakens thing. Look a impressive but also looks really fake. Guess that's issue with doing real life shit. 

As impressive as all this is, if Unreal 5 can't figure out how to deal with the texture load issue the last two Unreal Engines have had then I dunno what to say. This is all impressive and shit but show the world load in. I wanna know if Epic has finally felt with their problems. Doesn't really matter how realistic your game is when it break immersion every 10 minutes struggling to load textures in. 

I bring it up because it's one of the few flaws SMTV has. Texture pop in is fucking everywhere and it look fucking awful. Like Demons textures load late when looming in the Compendium even. A fucking menu. 

IIRC Unreal 5 doesn't have texture pop in issues. The playable tech demo that everyone wished was a game showed this off by having the character fly at breakneck speeds with no pop in. UE5's lighting engine is impressive though. Why wastes so much gpu power on ray tracing when UE5's lighting engine is so good.