Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread vol. 2

1 hour ago, J-ride said:

I personally won't buy anything that company signs off on after all the eye rolling bullshit that went on in BL3.  I want to play a game about anarchy, loot and murder, not listen to woke lectures.  THIS GAME IS ABOUT LOOT AND MURDER AND I WANT TO LOOT AND MURDER GOD DAMMIT.

Edit: I also hate Randy Pitchford so much I don't want to give him another cent, he can rot in hell.

Oh yeah... I think this shit was a bit more obvious and worse in Pre-Sequel though; they were about as subtle as a suicide bomber there with certain agendas.  These people that have managed to get into various parts of the entertainment industry lately need to realize (but they never will, imo) that the majority of people just want their entertainment to be exactly that....without the "Message!" moments and preaching.   There was one moment in particular involving Mr. Torgue being used to get across some message about toxic masculinity or "friendzones", something I barely remember anymore... whatever it was, the shit basically soured my opinion of the game towards the end.  

Ah, yep someone had a clip of it of course.  

"An imaginary misogynistic way of looking at relationships!" <---such ridiculous nonsensical horseshit. (*as if to say women don't also get the "FZ" situation at all...would they be "misogynistic" for complaining or just mentioning that they liked a guy but got friendzoned?  ..and how would it indicate a "hatred of women" to simply be frustrated or saddened when someone a person is attracted to just isn't into them the same way?  It would be interesting to hear the typical snarky jackass response I'm sure they'd have to that....the guy was probably the poindexter chump that got regularly shoved into lockers, laughed at and sucker-punched often back in his school days. 😆)

1 hour ago, Hawkingbird said:

For my PS5 bros, have any of you been having issues with the duel sense? Lately the cross button keeps getting jammed. I use air to see if any debris got caught in the button but it only serves as a temp solution. I might have to break out the WD-40. If that doesn't fix then I don't know what to do.

My face buttons were sticking so I used this product called DeoxIT D5, which is an electronic connection cleaner I bought for my electric guitars. It worked great.

https://www.amazon.com/Hosa-D5S-6-DeoxIT-Contact-Cleaner/dp/B00006LVEU/ref=asc_df_B00006LVEU/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=198057017270&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=4628555930720501442&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=m&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9030618&hvtargid=pla-382003658380&psc=1

Edited by Chadouken
1 hour ago, Sonichuman said:

I've been seeing clips of Rumbleverse show up in my twitter feed  and it looks like it could be fun.  This game also references other games too.

Reveal hidden contents

For a moment i thought it was already out, so i jumped into the store just to find out that the game costs 20 bucks, and will come out next year.

I dont mind paying if the game is fun, but being a battle royale, having a price tag puts it on a bad place from the get go imo.

That first time you can fight a Big Daddy in Bioshock is TOUGH shit, man.  He's killed me 5 or 6 times so far here... at this point in the game you hardly have much in the way of offense capabilities....when I killed him it seemed like I just got lucky, really...and I had no health remaining at all...and there was one of those splicers running around throwing bombs!  So...I used telekinesis to throw the corpse of that Big Daddy at the bomb-throwing guy.  Sheeeittt, if I had the day off I'd just spend the rest of it playing this.

Oh yeah I'm a monster that will probably harvest ALL the Little Sisters.  You get twice the amount of ADAM right away for that.

Well, I had to search for a while to find it but here we go with the Digital Foundry look at the XB1/PS4 version

heh, this is reminding me---this game is so old that even the "remastered" Collection itself is "old" too... this video is from 2016.

It has been great enjoying it again via the collection, all these years later...especially on a tv that is far beyond the cheap 26-inch screen "Vizio" I had back in 2007.

Edited by MillionX

Novermber 2021 NPD is out!

https://venturebeat.com/2021/11/12/npd-metroid-dread-has-franchises-best-u-s-launch-month/

Hardware:  Switch is the top selling console for both units and dollars for the month.  Also still top as well for 2021 year to date still.

Highlights:  Battlefield 2042 launched as the #2 best selling for Nov and placed as such on both PS and Xbox platforms.  Forza Horison 5 set a new franchise month sales record (this includes the main franchise), SMTV has the highest launch month dollar sales of any Shin Megami Tensei title in history.

People are concerned about Dread's sales since it dropped ALLLL the way to 11th but Mat says to not worry.  Someone put that Dread has sold so far 2.5 mill global but I'm not seeing anything official on that yet.

Software

Top 20 for Nov:  CoD: Vanguard, Battlefield 2042, Pokemon BD/SP, Forza Horizon 5, Dat Madden 22, MP Superstars, Marvel's GotG, FIFA 22, Far Cry 6, NBA 2K22,  Just Dance 2022, MK9D, Mile's Morales, AC:NH, Back 4 Blood, SMTV, Minecraft, LoZ:BotW, Smash Ult, GoTsu

Year to date top 10:  CoD Blops CW, CoD: Vanguard, Dat Madden 22, MLB 21, RE: Village, Battlefield 2042, SM3D+BF, Pokemon BD/SP, Miles Morales, Far Cry 6

Rolling 12 months:  CoD Blops CW, CoD Vanguard, Miles Morales, MK8D, Ass Creed Valhalla, AC: NH, MLB 21, RE Village, Battlefield 2042

Top 10 Nintendo: Pokemon BD/SP, MP Superstarts, MK8D, Just Dance 2022, AC: NH, SMTV, LoZ: BotW, Smash Ult, NSMBUD, MK Live: HC

Top 10 Playstation: CoD: Vanguard, Battlefield 2042, Dat Madden 22, Marvel's GotG, Miles Morales, FIFA 22, FAr Cry 6, NBA 2K11, GoTsu, Back 4 Blood

Top 10 Xbox: CoD: Vanguard, Battlefield 2042, Forza Horizon 5, Dat Madden 22, Far Cry 6, Marvel's GotG, FIFA 22, NBA 2K22, Cod: Blops CW, NHL 22

Digging into Crimzon Clover again reminds me of what I love about it- all action, no bullshit, no boring parts, no pillow humper "moe" dogshit, perfect length for its genre. The only improvement I'd like to see would be a stage select mode that had fixed settings and kept score records (training lets you stage select, just without score records).

3 minutes ago, Gasarocky said:

I hope DNF is cool. The really sudden beta announcement that takes place at the same time as KOFs does not seem smart. Personally I have no interest in KOF but seems like it would be way smarter to set your beta one a different weekend from a more established franchise

it might be on purpose i love kof but if you look at it dnf is a prettier game and it will prob have a better netcode if they recycle strives. we also know what kof plays like which while normally would be a strength more people will play dnf just to see what the hell it plays like.

Granblue Fantasy Versus Base Game is at 20 bucks right now

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP1023-CUSA17197_00-GBVSCGH000000001

The Legendary Edition, with all DLC so far plus the one released today is at 50 bucks

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP1023-CUSA17197_00-GBVSLE0000000001

And the new DLC chars are 10 bucks

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP1023-CUSA17197_00-GBVSADCSS0000012

I almost forgot!  Hell YEAH I'm getting on that Amalur DLC asap.... damn, right as I was getting into the Bioshock Collection and the new season for Diablo 3 just started... (and I already made 2 characters for that shit...yeah I lost count of how many D3 characters I've made a long time ago 😆)

It will likely be a double-dip for me; I have Kingdoms of Amalur Re-Reckoning on XB1 and Switch.