Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread vol. 2

8 minutes ago, Chadouken said:

Aw, that's a bummer man. I wish I had a pinball machine in my house. That's dope as fuck.

It's the most crack like thing I've ever owned.  You ALWAYS think you can do better than your prior game, even when you get your high score.  In fact I'd say that is when you are most likely to feel like you can do better lol cause it felt so easy when you got the high score.

I didn't even get my top 4 high scores tonight though but I did get high score on some events.  Thought it was on the stream but nope lol.

My high score is like 365 million and I have another one around like 325 million and the other is in the 200's.  I've hit 200+ multiple times though.

The default grand champion is 500 million and 2nd place is 400 million so I only own spots 3, 4, and 5 for the time being.

EDIT:

You would also be AMAZED at how loud pinball machines are without the glass on.  It's crazy how much the glass muffles the sounds.  Like just pressing the flipper buttons it's hard not to have your reflexes make you blink because it's so damn loud.  I had no clue until I was testing out shit.

Edited by purbeast

Kingdoms of Amalur: FATESWORN is out folks...

...and thus, the fantastic adventures of ZUUL must continue.  Upon arrival to the new area, the enemies there were actually strong enough to engage in prolonged battles with the legendary sorcerer!  He continued on though, further into the treacherous new western territories... there was rumblings of a supposed "new god"... Zuul was not one to resist the thrill of battle with increasingly powerful foes.  

heh, Kingdoms of Amalur shenanigans....so instead of fighting this dude for a necklace a fine ass elf wanted... I had a surplus of gold coin (6 figure club!) so I bought it from him...but then he laid down to take a nap.  Soooo I proceeded to pickpocket the bastard... 21% chance to get caught but I still got away with it.  I didn't get all the money back but I got a portion of it.

The enemies are actually serious here... everything I've run into in this new area... even lowly "boggarts"... their names are in red. 😆

1 hour ago, Sonichuman said:

Well...looks like DBFZ will actually have a legit season 4?...sorta?

Arc sys is doing a lot of shit right now.  How many fighting games that got going right now?  This, DNF, Strive, Granblue,  putting rollback in BBCF and BB Cross Tag.

And they have at least 2 other projects on the pipeline last i heard.

One of them, supposedly being the Persona 5 fg, which is in part why P4A is being ported to PS4 as means to bring the series to the public eye again.

For what i know while the publishing is being made by Atlus once again, the port is being handle by ASW, since P4A used the same engine for BB, so they are using the latest version made for PS4 to port the game.

What would be interesting is if this is a simple port of the game with the balance changes that were arcade exclusive, or if they will take the oportunity to do some extra balance plus rework the netcode to use rollback, seeing that its release window is near the release window of the rollback patch for BB and BBTAG.

But the later is just speculation from my part.

I started Bioshock 2 already; couldn't wait anymore, really... right from the start this is cool that like that 1 mission in the first game... here you are a "Big Daddy", starting off with the drill arm + plasmid powers in your left arm....you get electroshock first.  Then, it isn't long before you find a rivet-gun.  I see it's still a "critical hit" if you shock enemies and immediately follow-up with a melee hit (drill)...the first couple of splicers I've run into, that one-two punch is an instant-kill for them.

*achievements---unfortunately, I notice quite a few are related to multiplayer, so it's probably impossible to get those achievements now....I doubt anyone plays that anymore.

*cool... so there's a hacking gun?!  hell yeah...heh, I got to a room with a security camera, and I used the hack/gun to make it mine; the splicers in that room got lit up by the security system that was now mine.

Anyway, "Rapture" continues to be one of the most beautiful, interesting worlds I've ever seen in a game.

Edited by MillionX
2 hours ago, MillionX said:

I started Bioshock 2 already; couldn't wait anymore, really... right from the start this is cool that like that 1 mission in the first game... here you are a "Big Daddy", starting off with the drill arm + plasmid powers in your left arm....you get electroshock first.  Then, it isn't long before you find a rivet-gun.  I see it's still a "critical hit" if you shock enemies and immediately follow-up with a melee hit (drill)...the first couple of splicers I've run into, that one-two punch is an instant-kill for them.

I always liked the first game for the atmosphere but the second game I enjoyed just for the gameplay. Being able to dual-wield, fighting larger groups of enemies and a distinct feel of strength in the end game (think fully powered up doom slayer in eternal) really made it fun.

Some indie game choices from 2021 in preparation for the Steam sale.

Edited by Jurassic

Bioshock 2...

yeah this is outstanding so far...and so many battles have been intense.  I have the machine gun now with regular anti-personnel rounds; I've boosted the damage of the drill arm and rivet gun...and so far with powers I have the electro and telekinesis.  The first fight against another Big Daddy was rough but I eventually made it... with zero healing items remaining and low health.  I've adopted that first Little Sister, and she led me to an area with bodies so she could collect ADAM while I defend against incoming splicer groups.  Earlier, there was one area where I saw from upstairs a group of splicers talking about something(?! They were surprisingly lucid then..), and I used telekinesis to surprise-attack them with a fuel tank; the explosion instantly killed 2 or 3 while another one ran off on fire... but more would run upstairs to try and get me.

I'm enjoying everything here... also, it's noticeable right away that they seemed to push the action a bit more here, right from the start.

hacking---it pays off to just try your shot hacking everything any chance you get; vending machines will drop a free item if you get the hack in the blue zone, and of course it's also lowering the price you pay on the machines, or turning cameras and security bots to your side.

Edited by MillionX
22 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

I still haven't been able to get into a room for that game. 

Really?

Weird.

I had that kind of issues day 1, but like after 2 hours that the beta started, i was able to get in rooms without problems.

I even managed to setup "private" rooms with friends from the LatAm group we have for fgs, and also to play some matches with Sonero.

For all that i have played this is a 100% buy on day one (not that i don't play all fgs day one anyway 😅 (except for mvci and strive of course, lol))

Sorry that you couldnt test the game 😕

22 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

I tried earlier, gave up, and played KOF

Dunno if you only tried at the earlier hours of the beta, but they did some maintenance and after that, for the most part it has been without a problem for the majority of people.

If you like we could try to get some matches if isnt to late for you, before the beta ends.

4 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Have you run through the Grasp of Avarice yet?

Yeah man, got my Gally and the catalyst. It's a cool dungeon, probably the easiest of them all so far, though. Except the Master version. I ran that and got my shit pushed in lol. Got tho the first boss and had to abort mission. Have you done it yet?

Just now, Chadouken said:

Just finished my first Grandmaster Nightfall in Destiny 2. Holy shit, it felt like a D1 nightfall. So fucking fun, and hard as fuck!

I have yet to play in grandmaster, since my light is still under 1300.

I did the dungeon for the Gally at 280 and was dying to everything, i only managed to do it because some clansmates helped me XD

BTW, do you remember the 1st nightfall we did.

IIRC it was Arksor, i was doing it with a cousin (who is like 14 year younger than me and he was 15 at the time), we were having troubles doing it only 2 when you joined and helped us finish it,  even the 1 exotic i got was there, the Mida Multi tool

5 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

BTW, do you remember the 1st nightfall we did.

IIRC it was Arksor, i was doing it with a cousin (who is like 14 year younger than me and he was 15 at the time), we were having troubles doing it only 2 when you joined and helped us finish it,  even the 1 exotic i got was there, the Mida Multi tool

Yeah I remember that! Hiding under the platform with snipers and shit 😂

14 minutes ago, Chadouken said:

Yeah man, got my Gally and the catalyst. It's a cool dungeon, probably the easiest of them all so far, though. Except the Master version. I ran that and got my shit pushed in lol. Got tho the first boss and had to abort mission. Have you done it yet?

I haven't done it the second time to get my Catalyst yet.

16 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

I haven't done it the second time to get my Catalyst yet.

There are three chests you have to get, after damaging a yellow bar vandal and collecting one of those engrams that gives you a timer. I can help you run through it sometime if you want.

Edited by Chadouken

I just snagged Ni No Kuni II on the Switch for about $6. It’s on sale for $20 right now at various retailers, including Amazon.

However Amazon has deal with American Express right now where if you buy something using your AMEX you get a $10 off coupon. So with that and about the $5 in cash back I had already on my AMEX it was too good of a deal to pass up. 

Edited by iStu X

^sheeeeitttt, it would be nice if that Dead Cells DLC was out now, as I head into the holiday vacation time....  anyway, naturally that's an immediate purchase for me when it's out.  

On another note---it's quite annoying how the physical version of Bioshock is on the Switch... one of those half-ass deals where PART of the damn game is on the cart and you have to download the rest.  If they're not going to do the shit correctly then they shouldn't bother....that's one Switch game where there is no point in buying the cart.  When a game is physical, *all* of it should be on that cart or disc or whatever it is.

Diablo 3---I put in some quality time on the new season yesterday, making the most of it before this damn "Holiday of Constant Obligations" barges in on me....I'm up to the 4th set of challenges so I almost got all the set items (Wizard; Firebird set---*note--for those former D3 fans that have been away for a while... yeah it was once trash, but the Firebird set is actually awesome now...they fixed it about 2 or 3 updates/seasons ago.  Combined with the new shards for this season, the results for just about all the top performing builds are bound to be completely insane.)

...random odd note here---on the Xbox version, for some reason they messed up somewhere in terms of the stats on this game... now on XB1 it shows I've only played the game for a bit over 1 or 2 days...and of course as anyone who is aware of my Diablo addiction knows.... that's wayyyy off.  Actually I still remember a rough estimation---it was around 850+ hours played at least. 🤣  I wonder if the other stats are off as well though... when I checked yesterday it showed that I've killed about 1.5 million monsters...

Edited by MillionX