Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread vol. 2

3 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

Got a little further in SMT. I think I figured out what Yakumo deal is. He feels like the character that's suppose to represent the neutral path. This guy just hates everybody.

I just scored the Neutral Ending myself. Watching the credits now. Was a great time. Look forward to plugging away at hard mode. Have a ton of other Demons I want to run. 

23 hours ago, Camacho said:

FnR $8 on GoG right now. I'd go as far as saying it is to brawlers what Crimzon Clover is to shmups if shmups had stopped progressing in 1992. https://www.gog.com/game/fightn_rage

It seems that the game is at 2.60 right now, btw, dunno when, but i already own the game 😅

I wonder if i bought it when it came out, or if it was given as a freebie at one point.

3 hours ago, RSG3 said:

I just scored the Neutral Ending myself. Watching the credits now. Was a great time. Look forward to plugging away at hard mode. Have a ton of other Demons I want to run. 

Does the plot for this game get any better? I haven't been feeling it

Spoiler

I killed the demon king and the Prime Minister is planning to break away from Bethel so the MC can use his power to save Tokyo.

1 hour ago, Hawkingbird said:

Does the plot for this game get any better? I haven't been feeling it

Reveal hidden contents

I killed the demon king and the Prime Minister is planning to break away from Bethel so the MC can use his power to save Tokyo.

Yes and no I guess. Kinda hard to go into. It gets more dense from here on out I can say that. 

VGM Fridays!  This is late since I kinda said I may or may not do this a a month ago and ended up not doing it.  Celebrating Wii anniversary and UMVC3's anniversary for first post

Wii

Spoiler

original

original

original

original

Original 1 & 2

^ This should play at the right time stamp of 2:31:21.  Nobody has put the full album up on youtube yet so I had to settle for doing it this way.  Original

Original

Marvel

Spoiler

^have a like/dislike relationship with this version of this theme at times I'm ok with it but then the way how what I believe is supposed to be a synthesized sax that starts at :15 kinda annoys me.

^Personally think this is either the best or 2nd best Marvel side theme out of the character in terms of arrangement.  Only problem with this theme is that it sounds WAAAAAYY too heroic for the character.

ah, that reminded me once again; it would be nice to get a new version of Altered Beast with today's graphics/presentation.  It's really too bad when you then remember what company happens to own that IP though 😞 ...yep, another IP that desperately needs to be "rescued" by someone else.

ha, I forgot that Galactus was the end boss for MvC3 actually.... I just haven't thought much about that game in quite a while.  I definitely enjoyed some of the music tracks; especially the simple "post match theme"...there's not much to it but it's nice.

It is disappointing that DNF Duel's characters just have those generic job titles as "names".... something about that just makes it immediately unappealing to me...it's similar to the Nickelodeon game's characters not having voice lines.  Basically it removes a bit of personality from everyone, which makes the whole thing just not as interesting anymore for me.  RPGs are a bit different, imo... since the point is that you give the "Wizard" or "Crusader" , etc.(D3 coming to mind, of course) any name you want, and there's room for your own ideas/backstory of who that person is....your imagination fills in the blanks.

Edited by MillionX
15 hours ago, RSG3 said:

Yes and no I guess. Kinda hard to go into. It gets more dense from here on out I can say that. 

Yeah the main SMT games are less about plot then most of the spinoff games are. So they usually give you enough for the apocalypse set up, some people important to the different paths and going on the quest at the beginning and then in the last quarter or sometimes 40% they cram the story and the path centered battles before the game ends. How that all resonates may or may not be your cup of tea. 

21 minutes ago, Wellman said:

Yeah the main SMT games are less about plot then most of the spinoff games are. So they usually give you enough for the apocalypse set up, some people important to the different paths and going on the quest at the beginning and then in the last quarter or sometimes 40% they cram the story and the path centered battles before the game ends. How that all resonates may or may not be your cup of tea. 

Well I just wrote a huge post about this and software ate it...maybe I'll try again later. 

I'll sum up as my issue isn't the amount of story but what story is there. I don't really dig what they have done after what was advertised leading up to release. 

Other then that tho games a banger. 

1 hour ago, Wellman said:

I know SMT is not a story heavy series but what's there is usually engrossing. 5 isn't landing for me like nocturne and strange journey. If the core of the game wasn't fun I would have ditched it.

On 12/16/2021 at 4:37 PM, Sonichuman said:

Cris Tales gets an update, Switch loading times improvement included

https://www.gematsu.com/2021/12/cris-tales-update-now-available-adds-new-character-adri-new-dungeon-new-ending-more

Somehow I missed this trailer

randy-savage.gif
I for one am happy about Cris Tales on Switch finally getting patched, makes my purchase of the game worthwhile now.