Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread vol. 2

Just now, Darc_Requiem said:

The baseline is around 1300 for activities IIRC. The higher level stuff require you to be higher. Once I hit 1300 progress slowed to a crawl and once I got the 1320....I wished it was still crawl. 

So in other words, i am better at going back to Monster Hunter World than wasting time on Density 2?

Thanks for the advice 😉

2 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

So in other words, i am better at going back to Monster Hunter World than wasting time on Density 2?

Thanks for the advice 😉

Getting to 1300 should be pretty easy. They want people to be able to do basic stuff. I got from 1100s to 1300 fast, that's when things began to slow. Being in a decent clan helps. The clan rewards will be above you light level even at 1300. 

19 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Getting to 1300 should be pretty easy. They want people to be able to do basic stuff. I got from 1100s to 1300 fast, that's when things began to slow. Being in a decent clan helps. The clan rewards will be above you light level even at 1300. 

I don't doubt that.

Is just that while i am having fun on D2 at the moment, thinking of having to grind x3 to try to reach a power level to be effective on the activities is kind of -_-

On MonHun i can compensate the lack of something with skill, but on D2 i can't do much about it if the enemies are at a certain levels above me 😕

The game ask for a commitment to it that basically makes it the only game you should be playing, or at least the one you spend most of your time, and i don't want to go back to those days being honest, where Destiny was the only thing i was playing, because the chase of x or y loot + getting to the max light level.

It was basically why i dropped D2, since it was more of the same + the terribleness of D2 year 1 🤣

30 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

It was basically why i dropped D2, since it was more of the same + the terribleness of D2 year 1

D2 Year 1 was was fucking awful.  For me it wasn't until Forsaken released that the game got playable.  But even then, I started a new routine of playing every time a new Expansion came out (Shadowkeep, Beyond Light, etc.) and play for a couple months until I got bored.

But right now I feel like Destiny is in a great place. There is actually a shit ton of content to help you get pinnacle drops to level up to 1330:

-Three weekly strikes

-Three weekly Crucible matches

-Three Gambit matches

-Nightfall 100K

-Dungeon (For me it was Prophecy, but now it's Avarice)

-Presage

-Harbinger

-Exo Challenge

-Vault of Glass (at least four pinnacle drops)

-Hawthorne Clan rewards

-Iron Bananas (when available)

It took me about two or three weeks after hitting the hard cap of 1320 to hit the pinnacle cap of 1330.  I'm actually having a lot of fun with Dares of Eternity, and I think the Master level of it gives pinnacle gear, too.

One thing about Grandmaster NF is that it has contest modifier, meaning your level is capped at 1345 (1330 plus 15 bonus from artifact).  So no matter how much higher than 1345 you are, it doesn't matter.  So as soon as you hit 1345 you're good to go to do it.

1 hour ago, Hecatom said:

Old news, but man, that sucks 😕

Sadly unsurprising. For all the bellyaching  and tantrums throw about DRM, people sure don't put their money where their mouths are. I've long been convinced that fits about DRM are enormously more driven by a) bandwagon douchebaggery and b) people upset about piracy being made a little more difficult than legitimate concerns about DRM tanking performance. 

3 hours ago, Hecatom said:

But Knuckles is right there 🤔

And the whole legal issue is more complicated iirc, where there is this nebulous thing going on about his chars.

Hecatom is right, even if Pender's own his characters. If they are going to look like Sonic the Hedgehog Characters, Sega still can make claims of damages.

1 hour ago, DarkSakul said:

Hecatom is right, even if Pender's own his characters. If they are going to look like Sonic the Hedgehog Characters, Sega still can make claims of damages.

Sega and Archie already did that song and dance with Penders and they lost.  They aren't going to bother trying to for round 2 when they can just avoid it altogether and let Penders keep his characters that he has NO FUCKING CLUE what to do with.  On the topic of look like Sonic characters...

dGa3xk5.png

That's him...drawing his characters now...I'm sure Sega is perfectly ok.

1 hour ago, Sonichuman said:

Sega and Archie already did that song and dance with Penders and they lost.  They aren't going to bother trying to for round 2 when they can just avoid it altogether and let Penders keep his characters that he has NO FUCKING CLUE what to do with.  On the topic of look like Sonic characters...

dGa3xk5.png

Meanwhile the Mobious Unleashed site manages to have more appealing characters, and that shit still looks like is being drawn by 12 yo who got their furry awakening. 🤣

Meanwhile the Mobious Unleashed site manages to have more appealing characters, and that shit still looks like is being drawn by 12 yo who got their furry awakening. 🤣

I really don't want to flood my mind palace with any more of Pender's drawings so I'll take your word for it.   I've seen enough of what I stumbled across whenever his name happens to end up being the topic of a conversation.

Got this video on my feedback, and decided to give it a watch.

Man, besides never finding the appeal of watching the OW League; i understand playing the game, it is fun, but imo, is not really a good spectators game; i find ludicrous that you have to spend like 20 million to be part of it.

Like, wow, imagine fg tournaments to be only "invitational", in that you have to pay millions to be allowed to participate.

It is why i find humorous and sad that fgs, games that are super easy to follow, and their torunaments are open to everyone are not even in the radar for most people 🥲

Also, side note, i would kill for all fgs to be as "dead" as OW, as many OW players claim it is 🤣

6 hours ago, Sonichuman said:

dGa3xk5.png

4 hours ago, Hecatom said:

These remind me of this:

1561211446265.png?width=571&height=616

More Diablo 4 stuff popped up recently in my recommended section

...still breaks my heart that this will be online-only on all platforms though.  That's probably going to kill my sale right there.... I don't know... I just really despise supporting the *worst* thing ever to happen in the games industry....at least in my opinion it's the worst....and it's even more depressing when you remember that oh yes... most gamers have no problem with it, so there's no escaping this becoming the future of the entire industry at some point very soon.

I think its funny that you have to say that its satire else most of these dorks would be all over the nets trying to find out why the fuck nintendo would do that or some shit.  lol

Found this cool little fun game called A Distant Stabbing.  Its like a puzzle game I guess and its simple to pick up.  You have a guy and you shoot arrows.  You end up where the arrow lands (teleport style or something).  The arrows ricochet.  Try to make it to the top.  It makes me rage a bit.  lol

spacer.png

George R.R. says Working on Elden Ring was "Too Exciting to Refuse"

https://www.ign.com/articles/working-elden-ring-too-exciting-george-r-r-martin

He only worked on the backstory for the game and building the world and apparently had it done years ago before he handed it off to From Software.  His world building is the reason why this game has more lore focus/characterization than some other From Software games.

Chad Stahelski, directer of the GoTsu movie, says he "just wants to get it right"

https://www.ign.com/articles/ghost-of-tsushima-movie-director-do-it-right

Apparently the director has played GoTsu many times so sounds like he's at least done his homework.

The Witcher: Blood Origin announced at the end of Season 2, will be a prequel set set 1200 years before Geralt's adventures, Michelle Yeoh will star.

https://www.ign.com/articles/the-witcher-blood-origin-trailer-prequel

Ubisoft apparently trying to bandage up the gushing wound that talent is leaving out of

https://www.ign.com/articles/ubisoft-grappling-great-exodus-talent

Henry Cavill says the criticism over Witcher Seaoson 1's timeline was fair

https://www.ign.com/articles/witcher-season-1-timeline-confusing

Final Fantasy VI pixel remaster is set to launch Feb 2022

https://www.gematsu.com/2021/12/final-fantasy-pixel-remaster-series-final-fantasy-vi-launches-in-february-2022

Edited by Sonichuman
4 hours ago, Faltimar the Dark said:

I think its funny that you have to say that its satire else most of these dorks would be all over the nets trying to find out why the fuck nintendo would do that or some shit.  lol

Everyone here knows that the HardDrive is the Onion of videogames, if anything, having to say that is satire tells us that Dark probably felt for one of their articles that was posted here before, same for you, seeing how you jumped to that conclusion  🤣

Edited by Hecatom
5 hours ago, Sonichuman said:

Idk why but I think this is pushed back to coincide with an all-in-one pixel collection release on the Switch and it’ll be announced in a February direct 

the Switch has been helping Squee print money and imo it’s not a matter of if but when the pixel collection comes to switch 

Edited by iStu X

Everyone here knows that the HardDrive is the Onion of videogames, if anything, having to say that is satire tells us that Dark probably felt for one of their articles that was posted here before, same for you, seeing how you jumped to that conclusion  🤣

First fuck off. 

Second, read the comments. 

Third, I expect most if you to operate on a 3rd grade education 

6 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

Says the guy who operates on kindergarden logic

On a related topic, 

This was on the replies of the tweet 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/arts-entertainment/2021/12/17/eric-clapton-bootleg-cd-lawsuit-germany/

After Clapton’s legal team reached out to the woman, she replied, “I object and ask you not to harass or contact me any further,” according to the Guardian. She also allegedly told Clapton’s legal team that they should “feel free to file a lawsuit if you insist on the demands.”

God damn did this lady fuck around and find out.   At first I thought this was really shitty move on the part of Clapton and his team (it still very much is)  but the fact that they contacted her about it and that was her response lol. 

Just now, Sonichuman said:

God damn did this lady fuck around and find out.   At first I thought this was really shitty move on the part of Clapton and his team (it still very much is)  but the fact that they contacted her about it and that was her response lol. 

Yeah.

Unless she thought it was some rando on the internet pranking her, i don't know what she was expecting. 

Void Interactive dev says that there's going to be a school shooting level for their game Ready or Not, and shortly afterwards lose their publisher Team 17

https://www.nme.com/news/gaming-news/ready-or-not-dev-splits-with-publisher-team17-3123660

Nothing confirmed that that is the reason buuuuut....yyyyyeeeahhh...

Edit

Edited by Sonichuman

Ni No Kuni II is my game of the year and I’ve been playing it for only ten minutes. This shit is the goat for all the funniest reasons. 😂 I regret not playing this on PS4 when it originally dropped but god I’m glad I’m playing it now. 

im the president of the United States who got isekai’ed and now I’m a furry kings secret service after shooting a rat  WITH A GLOCK who was trying to kill king furry

BUCKLE UP BABY IM READY 

edit: AND THE OTHER FURRY’S ARE SUPER RACIST TOWARDS EVAN WHO IS MOUSE CAT THING! THIS IS SOME BULLLLLLSHIT CHARLES! I STAN FOR MY KING! 

Edited by iStu X