Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread vol. 2

44 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

*Trying real hard to figure out what could possibly be offensive about a goofy nerdo fuck like Scott the Woz.*

From what I read, he had a clip with some sex offender. People told Woz not to have him on but he still went and did it. Some drama ensued, and Woz later edited out the part with the sex offended.

This has been brought up before and I will say it again. As a black person and Nintendo fan, while it ain't great there are not any playable actual black or minorities, unless you consider Mario/Luigi being Italian and the Arms girl to be Chinese, that is just how Nintendo's roster is. They have Little Mac's coach, a nameless announcer or two, dude from Other M and recently Twintelle. That is mostly it, besides Gerudo folk, so bitching about that is like asking why there are so few blacks in One Piece or DBZ fighting games. Sometimes, especially with Asian based media based on decades of history folk of a different color don't show often or at all. That has only started changing in the last  two decades so unless this is all an elaborate scheme to force Twintelle on the starting roster of the next Smash Bros game folks should chill.

Edit: I forgot Ryu, Ken(mixed), Joker and Kazuya are  technically Asian as well.

Edited by Wellman
1 hour ago, Wellman said:

This has been brought up before and I will say it again. As a black person and Nintendo fan, while it ain't great there are not any playable actual black or minorities, unless you consider Mario/Luigi being Italian and the Arms girl to be Chinese, that is just how Nintendo's roster is. They have Little Mac's coach, a nameless announcer or two, dude from Other M and recently Twintelle. That is mostly it, besides Gerudo folk, so bitching about that is like asking why there are so few blacks in One Piece or DBZ fighting games. Sometimes, especially with Asian based media based on decades of history folk of a different color don't show often or at all. That has only started changing in the last  two decades so unless this is all an elaborate scheme to force Twintelle on the starting roster of the next Smash Bros game folks should chill.

Edit: I forgot Ryu, Ken(mixed), Joker and Kazuya are  technically Asian as well.

Don't forget Rodin (Bayonetta)  who is also is an assist in Smash.

But in  a game dominated by Pokemon and a weird assortment of anthropomorphic creatures, what sort of "diversity" are they really looking for? LOL

12 minutes ago, Lantis said:

But in  a game dominated by Pokemon and a weird assortment of anthropomorphic creatures, what sort of "diversity" are they really looking for? LOL

I'll forever find it funny that people want an Asian company whose characters are all stereotypes or completely silent and devoid of vocal character at all outside of grunts and cries to give them representation. You really want the company whose mascot is a stertype Italian who says "Mama Mia!!" To give you representation? 

I unno dude. 

1 hour ago, Darc_Requiem said:

It's like that stupid RE5 controversy that had people complaining that most of the zombies Chris and Sheeva were killing were black.

I was too young to know if this happened, but did something similar ever happen when Resident Evil 4 came out? I mean you play a white man slaughtering countless Spaniards all while they are speaking the wrong kind of Spanish. 

18 minutes ago, BornWinner said:

I was too young to know if this happened, but did something similar ever happen when Resident Evil 4 came out? I mean you play a white man slaughtering countless Spaniards all while they are speaking the wrong kind of Spanish. 

NOPE!!!  White guy killing "white"/Spanish Zombies in a Spanish country? A-OK.  White Guy and Black Gal killing Black people in predominantly black/African country?  RACIST!  

Unfortunately people still have an issue with taking a step back and looking situations which unfortunately cause shit takes like this.  Dead Island got shit because it had a trailer where it was flinging a zombie child out of a window and people were like 'that's going to far!'.  Only thing I can say is if you're putting yourself in this predicament are you going to say "oh no these are black zombies/child zombies...That would be wrong to kill"?   If the answer "kill the fuck out of it because it's trying to kill me"  (which is the ONLY RIGHT ANSWER IN THIS SITUATION) then congrats THERE'S NO PROBLEM WITH WHAT'S HAPPENING.

Edited by Sonichuman
26 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

I'm pretty sure RE5 would have been actually racist if they went to an African country and there were no black zombies.  I think that would have been actually something to be concerned about.

There was some uproar about Re5 initially when it was just Chris killing black folks hence they added Shiva. I think Jill was originally supposed to be his partner 😂

PS blog put up another update for Horizon II

https://blog.playstation.com/2021/12/06/horizon-forbidden-west-outsmart-your-enemies/

That combat is looking super fluid.  Next year is probably going to be an amazing year for games.  Horizon II, Bayo 3, BotW 2, Dad of War Ragnarok, Elden Ring, KOF XV, Advance Wars remake...We aren't even in the year yet and we have at least 4 games that are potential GotY if they live up to the hype. 

Picked up Crimzon Clover: World Explosion on Steam today- it's half off if you own the original. Took Arrange Original (since Arrange mode is the new feature) for a couple of spins. It definitely seems more manageable than Arcade Original from the last version  (got to stage 5 on a credit both times despite not being practiced at the moment), but the arrange gauge feature itself feels pretty weird. Not being able to bomb on command or Break nearly as often changes it up quite a bit, and I found myself trapped a few times was a result. Either way, I'm happy to throw that developer another $10, CC is freaking stellar.   

4 hours ago, HD-Man said:

There was some uproar about Re5 initially when it was just Chris killing black folks hence they added Shiva. I think Jill was originally supposed to be his partner 😂

Nah, Sheva was one of the 1st chars to be designed for RE5, you can see a lot of the info about the dev of the game on the artbook and some tibids they had on a collector edition dvd.

Her role on the game was cemented from the pre production phase.

this Dead Cells run is so good right now... I went down to 2-cell difficulty just to play around and have things be a *bit* less serious...

Giantkiller sword; V-S---critical is up to 6582 dps right now with 11 points on Brutality.  With the "Vengeance" mutation I get +70% damage bonus for 8 seconds after being hit.  The Giantkiller sword also has "+80% damage to poisoned target" as one of the affixes...and my amulet poisons enemies that hit me.  I have a "Bloodthirsty Shield which inflicts bleeding naturally for more damage to blocked enemies... then a legendary Knife Dance which also causes bleeding... and a colorless Sinew Slicer (S) which inflicts bleeding and creates a toxic cloud.  This is working so well together at the moment... 

*On another note---the recent GTA Trilogy fiasco has worried me about that happening again with other popular franchises in the future... and I was thinking of finally getting RE4 *now* rather than later "just in case", y'know....wouldn't want a scenario like GTA where they make old versions unavailable to get ever again...and release a new "Collection" version later that is a complete shitshow in every possible way, ruining everything forever.

Edited by MillionX

I know this probably isn't that crazy as it seems to me, but I was looking at the steam store page for KOFXV and that game is gonna require 65 gb storage space at launch. Speaking of that, they cut Blazblue Centralfiction in half from over 30gb to 16gb storage space required in the new rollback update. The really hilarious thing to me is that Marvel vs Capcom Infinite somehow took up nearly 80gb and I'm pretty sure 90% of that was uncompressed audio and cutscenes.

In the age of dlc and major patch updates, I wonder if a KOF game could potentially reach 100gb file size. Unlikely, but maybe if they do a graphics update like they did with XIV. (Not that XV looks all that bad, quite good actually.)

11 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

Sonic 2 has alot going on in one movie , I hope that doesn't hurt it in the end. 

EDIT: GTA5 FINALLY gets some single player story content. Why haven't you fuckers BEEN doing that? 

Yeah the leaks have me a bit worried that they're doing way too much in this movie.  This movie is going to have stuff from 2, 3, CD, and potentially SA1 and SA2 in it if the leaks are real.   Really wish it isn't the case.

Sakurai says no plans for Smash sequel at the moment and don't always expect another one

https://www.ign.com/articles/smash-bros-sequel-no-plans-masahiro-sakurai-director

also reiterated again if there is another smash after this and he's involved that all the fighters in this game are unlikely to make it.  People are probably gonna ignore this lol.

7 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

I'm aware, but they could've done both online and story content. Many other games do it, doesn't have to be an either or situation 

Yea it doesn't have to be but put in twice the effort when you can just make cars and bank heists and pull in more then enough?

I mean GTAV and the recent collection have shown that when they want to be Rockstar can be incredibly lazy.