Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread vol. 2

2 minutes ago, iStu X said:

You just had to say something didn’t you. 

As long as they perform Enemy then I'm ok with it. 

I do wish Keighley was more in tune with some of the better cover artists and remixers out there.   Could have had 8bit big band on stage to perform the Kirby song they got nominated for a Grammy and in term potentially segued in to a trailer for the new Kirby game from Ninty.  Could have has Stemage do some metroid metal live if he isn't busy since Steven Universe is done,  could have gotten Tommy Tallarico to go on stage maybe and do his Halo Suite that he did for Video Games Live as a cross promotion for Halo Infinite.  I mean just don't do something like bring Steve Aoki on stage and say it's a celebration of a game and he's doing something that isn really related to a game at all.

3 hours ago, Sonichuman said:

This debate has been going on for while.  The divide in the community started roughly around  after SA2 got released on the GC and has festered since then.  Current topic the community is fighting about is about the differences of Adventure era Sonic vs Modern.  Thats what's been popping up in my twitter feed atleast.

A youtuber i follow has made some good videos about the different era's of sonic and the games.

https://www.youtube.com/c/JsReviews/videos

He has like 25 videos, 1 for each of the most notorious games of the franchise.

Thanks to him i found out that there is an active community for Sonir Riders, where they even have added new mechanics and online play to the game

1 hour ago, Hecatom said:

A youtuber i follow has made some good videos about the different era's of sonic and the games

You watch J reviews too? I find his Sonic reviews interesting. I never really thought about how kids who grew up on those games felt about them. Never knew his generation actually liked games like Black Knight and didn't mind the Werehog sections of Unleashed. J must have had a rough time growing up a Sonic fan during that period of the characters history

Edited by Hawkingbird
18 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

You watch J reviews too? I find his Sonic reviews interesting. I never really thought about how kids who grew up on those games felt about them. Never knew his generation actually liked games like Black Knight and didn't mind the Werehog sections of Unleashed. J must have had a rough time growing up a Sonic fan during that period of the characters history

I find his insight as a young fan of Sonic and as someone who discovered the Megaman series past its prime to be interesting.

Dunno how i discovered his channel, since it was quite a while ago 🤣

6 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

I find his insight as a young fan of Sonic and as someone who discovered the Megaman series past its prime to be interesting.

Dunno how i discovered his channel, since it was quite a while ago 🤣

His Mega Man videos is how I discovered him. X6 video popped up on my feed and I was entertained by his hatred for that game. I checked out his other Mega Man videos and became a fan.

2 hours ago, Hecatom said:

A youtuber i follow has made some good videos about the different era's of sonic and the games.

https://www.youtube.com/c/JsReviews/videos

He has like 25 videos, 1 for each of the most notorious games of the franchise.

Thanks to him i found out that there is an active community for Sonir Riders, where they even have added new mechanics and online play to the game

I'll have to check out some his videos to listen to.  Currently been listening to Game Apologist for Sonic retrospectives and deep dives since he also does content for the comics.

1 hour ago, nickmanx5 said:

i can't even think of really bad megaman games besides x6 and x7 people like to throw x8 under the bus but that games decent.

I know that 6 is bad, but i am still able to find "enjoyment on it.

7 is just ugh..., tbh, i just played it because it was a megaman x game but, of all the games, is the one i never replayed after my 1st playthrough.

One that i wish capcom re released was X Command Mission, loved that game, even with all its flaws, and those are a lot of them are easy to fix with just some tweaks.

I'm in that weird minority that liked X7 over X6. While X7 betrays a lot of the core tenants of what makes a Mega Man game what it is, it's level design wasn't completely fucked. Whoever came up with the nightmare system and the enemy placement of the nightmares needs to burn. Designing the final levels needing specific armors to progress is the biggest sin the game commits. I can't forgave it for that. High Max and Gate are shit tier bosses. I hate them so much. The big wheel mini boss you fight five times you fight in Phoenix stage can eat shit too. 

1 hour ago, Hawkingbird said:

I'm in that weird minority that liked X7 over X6. While X7 betrays a lot of the core tenants of what makes a Mega Man game what it is, it's level design wasn't completely fucked. Whoever came up with the nightmare system and the enemy placement of the nightmares needs to burn. Designing the final levels needing specific armors to progress is the biggest sin the game commits. I can't forgave it for that. High Max and Gate are shit tier bosses. I hate them so much. The big wheel mini boss you fight five times you fight in Phoenix stage can eat shit too. 

I still think x7 is much worse, but those criticisms of 6 are spot on.  Zero was fun to use in 6 regardless though. Tried playing 7 and 8 in the X collection again and couldn't take either. 

Edited by Camacho
32 minutes ago, BornWinner said:

Why is this the first time I am hearing of a live action Mega Man movie?

After the live action Monster Hunter and new Resident Evil movie, I have high hopes for this one. 

Megaman can work in live action but it'd be better served animated the image in my head is similar to Astro Boy in terms of aesthetic.  The premise is simple and there is a good chunk of wiggle room for interpretation.  Hell I'd say they could use the Archie comic run for influence.

ha, you guys beat me to it with the "Progressive Casting Choices" there... 

In today's climate I would've bet they gender-swapped Megaman and got a random 12-year old black girl to play the character.... with the usual people defending it like "WELLL it is a robot, not a human sooooo....doesn't have to be male or white y'know...", something like that.  Megaperson would also have the token gay best friend of course, since we're now talking about a female robot.  

Samuel L. Jackson might be too big a name to get at the moment... also that's "not woke enough" since he's straight.  They'd want someone like Billy Porter as Dr. Wily.