Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread vol. 2

17 minutes ago, iStu X said:

I’m so glad I haven’t supported them since borderlands 2. I haven’t bought or played a GTA since Vice City either. 

god take two sucks

Anytime I can point to EA as the voice of reason in a situation, I know a publisher is worthless. I've said it before and I'll say it again. Compare how EA treats the Mass Effect modding scene to how Take Two treats the GTA modding community.

2 hours ago, BornWinner said:

Take-Two is being a shit

So nothing new.

Everyone always craps on EA, Activision and Ubisoft (and they deserve a lot of crap on varying dgrees, don't get me wrong) but of all the big publishers, Take Two is easily the worst one, hands down, followed by Activision as the closest second.

They are a cancer for gaming and they are proud about it, lets not forget that when the conversation about lootboxes was as its strongest, they thought it was a great idea to promote their new "basketball" game with just showing all the gambling mechanics they had on it.

hell yeah, our ol' pal Dark is playing Metroid 

it's gold as usual 🤣  He's currently up to the Yellow EMMI......I spoke too soon; he actually beat him just now.

On another note; I have to get in my last few adventures with this season of Diablo 3; it ends on 12/05.

Edited by MillionX

Well, I have been given more firsthand evidence that the PS4 is a POS, as far as reliability is concerned. The first one I bought went straight back because it wouldn't sync with a controller, the second one overheated and shutdown within days of having it, and now this one won't eject a disc. Mind you that the thing has barely been used since I got into PC gaming less than a year after buying it- disc wise, really all I have spend much time playing on it has been Bloodborne, DmC definitive, Dad of War, Revelations 2, and the occasional DVD. I'm sure I can fix it, but man that's lame for something that has been used so little and well taken care of. 

Edited by Camacho
26 minutes ago, Camacho said:

Well, I have been given more firsthand evidence that the PS4 is a POS, as far as reliability is concerned. The first one I bought went straight back because it wouldn't sync with a controller, the second one overheated and shutdown within days of having it, and now this one won't eject a disc. Mind you that the thing has barely been used since I got into PC gaming less than a year after buying it- disc wise, really all I have spend much time playing on it has been Bloodborne, DmC definitive, Dad of War, Revelations 2, and the occasional DVD. I'm sure I can fix it, but man that's lame for something that has been used so little and well taken care of. 

My main issue with the PS4 is after not playing it for a while and then going back to it you realize how crippling slow the OS runs and how bad the Home Screen navigation is designed. it’s not intuitive at all. It also times out on itself a lot while in the PSStore or when using the search function Which was a huge problem on the PSTrips as well. 

Say all the shit you want about Xbox but their OS is smooth, responsive and very user friendly. Hell, everyone bitches about the Switches Home Screen and lack of features and what have you but everything you need to get to is exactly where it should be. 

I just wish the Switch didn’t have such an ass backwards way of sending photos and clips to your phone. 

Edited by iStu X
36 minutes ago, iStu X said:

My main issue with the PS4 is after not playing it for a while and then going back to it you realize how crippling slow the OS runs and how bad the Home Screen navigation is designed. it’s not intuitive at all. It also times out on itself a lot while in the PSStore or when using the search function Which was a huge problem on the PSTrips as well. 

Say all the shit you want about Xbox but their OS is smooth, responsive and very user friendly. Hell, everyone bitches about the Switches Home Screen and lack of features and what have you but everything you need to get to is exactly where it should be. 

I just wish the Switch didn’t have such an ass backwards way of sending photos and clips to your phone. 

MS is a software company it has always shown through for the Xbox. Whatever missteps they make, they are usually ahead of the curve with their OS. Although, when it came to streaming from your console, the XB1 was worse off than the PS4. Then again, that was due to Sony putting dedicated hardware for streaming in the PS4. The XB1 had to rely on a software solution.

Edited by Darc_Requiem
2 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

MS is a software company it has always shown through for the Xbox. Whatever missteps they make, they are usually ahead of the curve with their OS. Although, when it came to streaming from your console, the XB1 was worse off than the PS4. Then again, that was due to Sony putting dedicated hardware for streaming in the PS4. The XB1 had to really on a software solution.

I’ve never tried streaming on my Xbone or PS4 so I wouldn’t know the stability or quality on either of those. 

but there’s also a reason most TO’s preferred PS4 at events outside of the usual sponsorships 

1 minute ago, iStu X said:

I’ve never tried streaming on my Xbone or PS4 so I wouldn’t know the stability or quality on either of those. 

but there’s also a reason most TO’s preferred PS4 at events outside of the usual sponsorships 

Honestly it surprised me that Sony got the jump on MS in that regard. Especially with the XB1 having so much of it's design being built around non gaming functions.

9 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Honestly it surprised me that Sony got the jump on MS in that regard. Especially with the XB1 having so much of it's design being built around non gaming functions.

Well, they wanted you to watch movies and tv, not play games if we go by the reveal, so streaming wouldn't be a priority, since it will mean playing games 🤣

you know i remember reading an article about how street fighter 5 was gonna have a turn based mode to teach people how to play and thinking it was stupid but the more i think about it maybe it wasn't  a bad idea because fighting games are kinda turn based but like grandia cause you can shit people outta their turns.

Geoff has always and will always be a piece of shit and a sell out. Do people not remember the pyramid of Doritos and Mt. dew?

not to mention His whole claim to fame is “I’m friends with Hideo Kojima”

I’ve genuinely never understood what he does or has done for the gaming community or industry outside of be a schedule producer for E3 up until recently.

All he knows is the right people. He doesn’t do anything positive for the community or industry as a whole. He’s a fucking leech

Edited by iStu X

Just finished my yearly trip to Galloping Ghosts Arcade today and like always, found something I have never heard of. This time that made an actual arcade board of something called Vicious Circle.

Clearly meant to emulate Killer Instinct, Vicious Circle combo heavy fighting game with finishers. It has 7 buttons, six for attacks and one for using the meter. Maybe because it was canceled, it doesn’t have any combo breakers like KI and only one character has a regular fatality. There is a finisher called Mutilations where you have the opponents humiliate themselves. Pretty much a hara kiri from Mortal Kombat Deception except you have to input it.

As you can see, it’s easy to see why this game never came out. Primal Rage 2, this is not. Playing this felt awful. It was neat seeing a game I never heard of before though.

I'm not feeling the plot for SMT5. For context I just got done with the boss fight with the Raidou looking devil hunter guy

Spoiler

I'm not liking Bethel at all. I dislike that the organization seem to be law by default since they work alongside angels. Though I do like the excuse of them being short staffed is why they have a bunch of high schoolers as field agents.

How the Lahmu subplot ended was eye rolling. Tao's sacrifice was cheesy and an ass pill. I seriously doubt she's dead. I expect her to materialize in the game's climax to save my ass again.

Raidou cosplayer seems chaos but the character is too contradictory. This man wants to kill every demon he encounters but is allied with a demon goddness and has made an enemy to Bethel who shares mutual goals. 

6 hours ago, Hecatom said:

GodHand and Asura's Wrath deseved better.

Never played God Hand. Asura's Wrath was one of the best cutscenes I've ever played. 

Also grabbed Avengers for $9.99. I'll be honest, I think there is a good game trying to crawl out but could have used another pass at "what are we really trying to be". The story (so far) seems to be pretty interesting. I admit that I like the artistic license used for Iron Man's theme music. I've occasionally gotten audio glitches where sound effects are missing but not much else. I can see how this will get old as the mission are basically "GO OVER HERE AND BEAT THE SHIT OUT OF 'EM". I'm not made that I've spent money equivalent to a mediocre lunch. 

Edited by OPTIMUS124

It's been a while since I played, but I think Spear was my weapon of choice in Hades... I should get back to that game.  

Dead Cells; more fresh on my mind as usual---my preferred setup there is a Tactics(the middle/purple stat) ranged build---so either Quick Bow or Pyrotechnics which is fast and looks cool...since it's fire you're also getting a burn "damage over time" effect from that...and a good backup is that Hokuto's Bow to increase the DPS significantly. 

Unfortunately, any ranged build is a dangerous way to play the game on the higher difficulties, since you end up with less health than if you went with red/Brutality or green/Survival-focused builds... basically, "Tactics" is your classic ranged "glass cannon" deal.

Melee-wise, my #1 favorite in the game is the katana; I forgot the name but I finally got it on the Switch version... it has a special hit if you hold the button; the character quick-dashes forward, then all enemies that were in your path have this delayed reaction to getting sliced, and it's always a critical hit; the shit looks SO cool.

*all this time later; the golems are still one of the most dangerous enemies in the game, imo.. I got killed by one just the other day.  They can end you in 1 or 2 hits (that can happen FAST, btw), basically; those guys are some of the most memorable "game changer" enemies I've ever seen...they should always be taken seriously.   Oddly enough, I'm not actually complaining about them though; I enjoy the fact that they are so ridiculous... a thing I've always admired about this game is that the harsh difficulty of certain situations is usually still fair....it never feels like cheap bullshit like so many other games out there, at least imo.

Edited by MillionX

So I mentioned in the Switch thread that I managed to get a Switch OLED bundle from GameStop for fairly cheap. 

it came with the system, some accessories and brilliant diamond. Well those dumb mother fuckers just sent me the shipping notification and they’re shipping everything to me but the OLED. The OLED is marked as “will ship later”. What the absolute fuck?!

What’s even the point of buying the bundle if you’re not going to ship all the shit at once?! ESPECIALLY THE ONLY REASON I EVEN BOUGHT THE DAMN BUNDLE! 

Edited by iStu X
19 minutes ago, iStu X said:

So I mentioned in the Switch thread that I managed to get a Switch OLED bundle from GameStop for fairly cheap. 

it came with the system, some accessories and brilliant diamond. Well those dumb mother fuckers just sent me the shipping notification and they’re shipping everything to me but the OLED. It’s marked as “will ship later”. What the absolute fuck?!

What’s even the point of buying the bundle if you’re not going to ship all the shit at once?! ESPECIALLY THE ONLY REASON I EVEN BOUGHT THE DAMN BUNDLE! 

WTF I can't believe they thought sending you that without the system would fly.

various gaming news updates from Fextralife

oh yeah you know that DLC for Dead Cells will be mine asap, of course.  Also, The Ascent is getting an update + dlc as well.

and then the Kingdoms of Amalur DLC too...oh yeah that's bought day 1.

EDIT---The Ascent's update includes......TRANSMOG!!! HELL YEAH.  See, this is the kind of gaming trend that needs to be in everything.  Transmog customization all day forever, folks.

Sheet GIF

Edited by MillionX