Stage Select

Street Fighter 6 Lounge: The FGC has a crack problem.

7 minutes ago, BornWinner said:

My mouth dropped when I saw who post this.

I was thinking...

If Joe Biden the Guilty Gear player, who is definitely also the President of the United States, were to go to a tournament, do you guys think he would come with the presidential body guards and all? And if so, considering he's the president, would he also have people carry the nuclear briefcase for him even in tournament? But what if, for the sake of convenience, Joe Biden were to decide to combine the nuclear briefcase with his arcade stick, to minimize all the stuff he and his guards would have to carry? So, let's say, the normal eight buttons on Biden's stick work as normal, but there's a special one that when pressed triggers global thermonuclear war.

Like, this button is light kick, this button heavy punch, and this button is 1.500 nuclear simultaneous nuclear launches.

Would that count as a ragequit button?

And would that be tournament legal?

I'm asking because this is a potentially very serious issue.

I mean, it could be another Hitbox controversy, you know?

I just kracked lord boons kode and made me realize

you will be playing the launch version of MK12 before you will be playing launch sf6

MK9, released april

MKX, released april

MK11, released april

Injustice 1, released april

Injustice 2, released may 🥺

MK12 announced at the TGA's which at this point is 99.99% likely, that means that shit is hitting in April

Lord Boon has defeated street fighter yet again.

5 hours ago, Skort said:

Lemme see if i read this correct. He wants to make a patreon to give advice on how to configure a PC properly for subscribed people ? 

Umg....he does know there are multiple sites that have been running 20  years + that do this exact same thing for free. Toms hardware , Techguy and the list goes on.

In his Twitter thread he says he needs money because he wants to do experiment which he can't do with what he currently has.

It comes across he wants to scam people who are PC illiterate. Fighting games on PC doesn't need the experimentation he wants to do.

Edited by Hawkingbird
2 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

It comes across he wants to scum people who are PC illiterate. Fighting games on PC doesn't need the experimentation he wants to do.

That's part of it. The other is that he is trying to find this weird super optimal set up...and then what? We either have that or we have trash.

If this was some SRK Tech Talk type of experimentation for the sake of it, I'd be 100% on board with it. Because fuck it, those guys were kinda doing it out of the love and usually we all benefit from their stuff. SRK Tech Talk were the first ones to really dig in on display lag and now its a thing in general gaming. Arturo's shit is about taking everybody one way and if its not that, then it sucks.

Oh no wait, if we don't do the super optimal stuff then we're all Sony Chills who refuse to spend money on stuff. That's it.

🤦‍♂️

3 hours ago, Skort said:

Juri is a sadistic  thrill seeker that takes great pleasure in destroying her enemies and Ryu is a proud and well mannered world traveler that seeks to improve his strength and master the power of nothingness. When these two meet, it's gonna be one hell of  a show  ( SF 4 announcer voice )  !!!!

This motivated me to do this gif.

Real talk, training mode in SF 6 seems to be on another level as you can see below 🤣

SIZE-3.gif

Skort out here making a You Got Served remake. All jokes aside, Hollywood probably is doing that 😑

2 hours ago, Sonero said:

That's part of it. The other is that he is trying to find this weird super optimal set up...and then what? We either have that or we have trash.

A lot of these games don't need super elaborate optimizations. There are some expections like USF4 where the ini files need to be altered to support 144hz because v-sync doesn't work and dragon ball fighters that needs denovo removed to improve performance and input lag. A low response time monitor, Brooke wingman XE and shutting off most background processes and windows updates is all anyone will really need unless the port is trash.

15 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

A lot of these games don't need super elaborate optimizations. There are some expections like USF4 where the ini files need to be altered to support 144hz because v-sync doesn't work and dragon ball fighters that needs denovo removed to improve performance and input lag. A low response time monitor, Brooke wingman XE and shutting off most background processes and windows updates is all anyone will really need unless the port is trash.

Aight, everyone send Hawkingbird $19.95 for his advanced optimization service 😉

Edited by Darc_Requiem
5 hours ago, Skort said:

Juri is a sadistic  thrill seeker that takes great pleasure in destroying her enemies and Ryu is a proud and well mannered world traveler that seeks to improve his strength and master the power of nothingness. When these two meet, it's gonna be one hell of  a show  ( SF 4 announcer voice )  !!!!

This motivated me to do this gif.

Real talk, training mode in SF 6 seems to be on another level as you can see below 🤣

SIZE-3.gif

I don’t think this is a match Juri can win. We already know that Ryu can break it down.

Trying out Ken right now and I really didn’t expect him to have so many moves. May too much going on for me.

But holy shit Training mode in this game is amazinggg. Frame data, recovery bar, selectable moves on wake or reversal without having to record. So great 

Fuck you can even see active frames and I-frames 👌🏽 

I think this has been said but SF6 frame data is wayyyyy different than SFV as of this build. Like for example Ken has basically no plus frames on his buttons. DP style moves appear to be a bit slower as well.

Edited by Vhozite

Ok I’m done labbing for now.

Training mode itself is great but I gotta be honest I really do not like any of the characters in this build of I’m looking for a main. 

Ryu and Guile kinda boring. I don’t want to manage Juri or Jaime’s resources. Ken and Kimberly have too many specials for my taste. Luke is a fuck boy and I really don’t like anything about Chun. I’ll settle for Guile but I’m hoping one of the new characters is more engaging to me.

34 minutes ago, Skort said:

Here's some really simple and effective ways to counter Kimberly's drop  hop kick , grab and hop kick into grab as well as her flip counter.  Have some decent reactions and should be okay , also if your character has an air grab you are set.

air grab one looks awesome, the fact Kim was already diving in that direction make it priceless lol 👌

1 hour ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Man I'm jonesing for a character reveal or two. One returning and one new would be nice.

things are so dry right now for fighting game news

for now til end of year

- a gg dlc char

- 1 last project L update

- ideally MK12 on tga's december 8

- whatever SF decides to drop

considering the news pays my bills things kinda suck right now lol