Stage Select

Street Fighter 6 Lounge: The FGC has a crack problem.

11 hours ago, Miðgarðsorm said:

Nakayama clarified that, besides the typo in the first tweet (Aerial Russian SLIM, lol), if you don't hold the buttons during this SA2 (so it's the second one and Jackhammer is SA1, as expected), the followup Slam doesn't happen.

Not sure if i understood correctly (maybe we're saying same thing lol 😄 ), but the SA with double version (jackhammer slam or big lariat like SFV VT) seems all SA2, it have big zoom and same start in both case

The anti-air double slam he does in combo at the end of this new clip does'nt have zoom, so it's likely SA1

Essentially

SA1 anti-air slam we seen at the end of this clip

SA2 (v1)  cyclone lariat style move we seen in this clip

SA2 (hold to go v2) cyclone lariat after first hit become jackhammer slam we seen in first trailer

SA3 big cinematic one we seen in first trailer

From what i seen

SA1 Normal camera, just screen freeze with some effects

SA2 Big zoom pose at begin but normal camera move

SA3 Big cinematic cutscene

7 hours ago, Sonero said:

My guess it's that it'll be the green hand substitute. Instead of green hand, you'll EX lariat and the second hit will have him move hella forward.

Or maybe is something more boring, like EX Lariat have better properties and allow to do this combo, and canceling normal lariat into SA2 does'nt work

While speaking of old moves, i know everybody hates it but wonder if we will get running bear grab

7 minutes ago, ToreyBeans said:

He has the Atomic Suplex so if past games are any indication we'll see the return of the best power bombs in the digital business.

Yeah, iirc they used to have same imput but get one or the other was based on distance, AS up close (as SPD) and RBG if opponent is far

But wonder if they keept just AS and in case of no opponent at throw range he gets whiff animation like a failed SPD, the fact it was'nt in the trailer trigger a bit my pessimism because iirc they struggled to balance RBG in the past

Bit the opposite situation of SFV where we got RBG from far but no AS from close

Personally i would like see it return, only move i don't care about is green hand... even if i know many hate RBG and love GH lol

6 hours ago, -PVL93- said:

Bitch where tf you been

2 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

You good man?

I was on discord after the srk ship sunk.

On some days I thought about srk times, how fun they were.

Then I found this site again and noticed the names.

My old brain then realized, that I already had an account here with 47 posts.

I actually forgot over the years and months in discord and being busy with rl and stuff, that I was already registered here, can you believe that.....

spacer.png

2 hours ago, CESTUS III said:

Not sure if i understood correctly (maybe we're saying same thing lol 😄 ), but the SA with double version (jackhammer slam or big lariat like SFV VT) seems all SA2, it have big zoom and same start in both case

The anti-air double slam he does in combo at the end of this new clip does'nt have zoom, so it's likely SA1

Essentially

SA1 anti-air slam we seen at the end of this clip

SA2 (v1)  cyclone lariat style move we seen in this clip

SA2 (hold to go v2) cyclone lariat after first hit become jackhammer slam we seen in first trailer

SA3 big cinematic one we seen in first trailer

From what i seen

SA1 Normal camera, just screen freeze with some effects

SA2 Big zoom pose at begin but normal camera move

SA3 Big cinematic cutscene

No, we both got something wrong, sorry.
SA1 Aerial Russian Slam
SA2 Cyclone Lariat with Jackhammer finisher
SA2 HOLDING THE BUTTONS Cyclone Lariat HIT ONLY, so you can juggle the opponent OR go to SA1 afterwards as we see in this last trailer
SA3 Bolshoi Storm Buster

1 hour ago, CESTUS III said:

Personally i would like see it return, only move i don't care about is green hand... even if i know many hate RBG and love GH lol

I never liked GH as well. The only time it was good was in Alpha 2 when you could use it in combos (jump in, d + HP, MK, GH and SPD or FAB was a KILLER combo). Also, Zangief has no need to show that he can project ki out. It's simply not how wrestling works. That's why I also want the RBG back.
Also curious about his normal throws. I bet that he kept SFV Atomic Drop (he did it in the trailer after all) with f + LP + LK, Captured Suplex or something other (Vertical Suplex?) b + LP + LK and the Body Slam with People's Elbow followup we saw in the trailer is actually DF + LP + LK, because thanks to Dhalsim we know now some characters have LOW throws.

15 minutes ago, Neclord said:

I actually forgot over the years and months in discord and being busy with rl and stuff, that I was already registered here, can you believe that.....

spacer.png

Glad to see you back. You gonna play 6?

Also nice to see Elon and his code monkeys fucking up twitter again.

37 minutes ago, Neclord said:

spacer.png

Well I left your name on the Soul Calibur thread. You should check the stuff @CESTUS IIIand I did while you were away.

3 hours ago, TWINBLADES said:

Glad to see you back. You gonna play 6?

Also nice to see Elon and his code monkeys fucking up twitter again.

Yes, I am excited for SF6. At first I wasn't but the last few trailers were pretty good.

2 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Well I left your name on the Soul Calibur thread. You should check the stuff @CESTUS IIIand I did while you were away.

Thanks mate, I will check it out!

11 minutes ago, Maravilla said:

So no more vtriggers or vskills in sf6? What mechanics have they been replaced with? And does it seem better off (I know it's not even out yet but as of what y'all seen) or was the v system more liked? 

V-Triggers/V-Skill have been incorporated into characters supers are core move list. Drive-Reversals function similar to V-Reversals. The Drive System is more robust than the V-System. However it's literally a "system" where as the V-System was more of an addendum to each particular fighter. Frame data is wildly different across the board with allot of normals that would have been +1/2 now being -1/2 etc. Outside of universal mechanics all characters share the same life pool so no more vagina havers having lower health than a penis haver. Though it is possible Akuma (DLC) or Geif might be the exception to the rule. 

51 minutes ago, TWINBLADES said:

Outside of universal mechanics all characters share the same life pool so no more vagina havers having lower health than a penis haver. Though it is possible Akuma (DLC) or Geif might be the exception to the rule. 

I'm still kind of surprised by this and I don't know how it's going to work with Akuma, Cammy, or any of the fast rushdown characters with a lot of tools.  They get away this in KOF because the system mechanics dictate that the characters all pretty much play the same version of each other with only slight differences.  That's a team based game though, in SF6 most of the characters are unique to one another.   Not saying it isn't possible, just curious how this is going to play out.  

2 minutes ago, Sonero said:

I don't know how I feel about some of the characters having an extraneous resource they need to manage or get.  It always comes off as gimmicky since it creates samey gameplay along a lot of them.

Now that you mention it, I immediately think of the traits from the Injustice games.

17 minutes ago, Sonero said:

I don't know how I feel about some of the characters having an extraneous resource they need to manage or get.  It always comes off as gimmicky since it creates samey gameplay along a lot of them.

Maximilian calls them Chores characters. I actually like that term. I feel like any chores characters she’ll only do this after a knockdown. 

14 minutes ago, Daemos said:

@EvilCanadian

Yeah have fun with your favorite character being in the game. It's a blessing not many of us get to enjoy. Thoughts and prayers to everyone left out in the cold.

Hey I already did my time

I wound up playing FUCKING VEGA in SFV cause I had nobody I wanted to play and all I got out of it was eternal PTSD

4 minutes ago, HeavensCloud said:

I mean his favourite character is T-Hawk so technically he's out in the cold with the rest of us.

Yeah but players like him stop thinking the moment they see T or A - Titties or Apes. They ain't loyal otherwise they would be offended by the very idea that their character just got shelved for pussy.

If Hawk was my man, I would be spamming Nakayama on twitter with hate tweets. But he isn't, so I'm just biding my time for the right moment to travel to Japan and surprise Capcom at their offices with food, free dental plans, and handjobs for everyone. Bison will prevail! :bison:

10 hours ago, Miðgarðsorm said:

I never liked GH as well. The only time it was good was in Alpha 2 when you could use it in combos (jump in, d + HP, MK, GH and SPD or FAB was a KILLER combo). Also, Zangief has no need to show that he can project ki out. It's simply not how wrestling works. That's why I also want the RBG back.

Yeah similar for me, my thing was mostly that i never liked it neither visually or as simple concept (i like Zangief specials being either throws or if must be a strike please be a powerful big shot like SFV VS2, not a little fast slap)... on general ever disliked  the idea of Zangief working around small fast hits, in the past iirc happened that with buff/nerfs he lost some  of the stuff that make Gief cool and wise people were like... well, "now LK cancel into that, MP is useful" and all that

Sure made sense on competititve side, but as character concept i fucking hated it 😆

10 hours ago, Miðgarðsorm said:

Also curious about his normal throws. I bet that he kept SFV Atomic Drop (he did it in the trailer after all) with f + LP + LK, Captured Suplex or something other (Vertical Suplex?) b + LP + LK and the Body Slam with People's Elbow followup we saw in the trailer is actually DF + LP + LK, because thanks to Dhalsim we know now some characters have LOW throws.

Checked the trailer and if you go slo-motion seems Body Slam with People's Elbow is actually his standing  forward throw (f + LP + LK), is possible see Honda standing and then Gief grab his wrist

Even if is a different move guess as dynamic follow a bit old SF4 slam being the f-throw -> https://i.gifer.com/FAcu.mp4

https://i.gifer.com/FAcu.gif

For the low throw guess Gief surely is a possible candidate considering he got one also in last game and he's  getting tons i SF6

As back throw no idea what i would like most, did'nt known the "captured suplex" you mentioned, checked the gifs and looks cool, would work well for b-throw

Or maybe he may get the atomic drop indeed but after the knee he throw opponent backward above his shoulder, kinda like Guile drop you backward after doing his air throw back breaker

While at it now that you made me think about it would be just epic wink if as back throw or low throw he get the Karelin lift lol 😄

13 hours ago, HeavensCloud said:

I'm still kind of surprised by this and I don't know how it's going to work with Akuma, Cammy, or any of the fast rushdown characters with a lot of tools.

Differing health pools has always been a terrible way to adjust unbalanced characters, as it does not actually address what tools are causing the issue. It always leads to gameplay where someone like Akuma ends up just being objectively better than Ryu for 90% of the match because all he has to do to overcome his “disadvantage” is land a couple normals. 

Nobody enjoys having to land 20 extra hits on Gief for the kill, and nobody enjoys fighting paper-mache health Seth running around with every tool in the game.

1 hour ago, Vhozite said:

Nobody enjoys having to land 20 extra hits on Gief for the kill, and nobody enjoys fighting paper-mache health Seth running around with every tool in the game.

Its the same shit in Strive too. Except Millia and Chipp players some ask for some absolute bullshit on top of what they have because of "low health".

Conceited.jpeg on all that ish.