Stage Select

Street Fighter 6 Lounge: The FGC has a crack problem.

On 2/25/2023 at 7:24 PM, delete_me said:

The difference in art direction between 6 and everything that came before is so large I find it increasingly difficult to even make comparisons. In this new visual context I think most characters make sense and look good. The only one that still bothers me is Chun du to her legs making her default stance look weird, I think her bottom-heavy proportions worked better in the more cartoonish style from previous games.

SF6 on general seems to have a problem with idle poses, i'm not sold on Zanfieg one either

Fighting-Games Daily on Twitter: "Street Fighter 6 - Zangief Comparison. He  actually looks real now. https://t.co/Ueei2bP2N5" / Twitter

New one feels less stable with higher center of gravity an straight legs, and betray a little old concept of Zangief looking ready to tank anything, as if he's ready to clash with a train face first lol

Also upper body have some changes, but not all negatives: new Gief seems more like he's actual going to fight with some brain, defending from attacks (forearms feeling in position to block stuff, shoulders bit higher too) and looking to find an opening to grapple with relaxed hands... before was just all open like "strike me with your best shot i don't care!" and also mimic a bit a standing bear pose with high paws just high and ready to crush shit

Seems to me a bit a return to SF2 days pose, where he felt like he was going to fight like a martial artist and apply some technique, before SFA turned that into "i'm stronk bear, need no pose lol" stance that lasted in SF4 and V too

zan-sp1.gif zangief-sp1.gif

To some extent also a bit of SFEX one, specially with higher center of gravity, but i was'nt much a fan of it and Zangief there felt smaller/lighter than his usual self

Zangief Stance Trophy SFEX - Animated GIF by SFWoWR on DeviantArt

New SF6 one (upper half) feels different, but can still fit, specially considering the fact SF6 one seems to focus much more on pro-wrestling side and let go lot of "Muscle Power!"  SFV gimmick where his thing was tank everything doing crazy feats*

But lower half feels just bad lol

If you have straight legs and high hips you're not going to resist a push from forward unless changing position (bending legs/lowering your ass and likely moving feets), and this feels very not-Zangief shit lol

But to be completely fair may be an unlucky frame, from the trailer it's hard to see clearly what idle pose truly feels like, let alone see the animation cycle... but still would feel compatible with what they did to Chun Li

*of course in SF6 trailer we see in the intro him tank a combined attack of 2 wrestlers (he seems to struggle a bit, while SFV would laugh through worse stuff lol), but for example he does'nt have anymore his tank-shit VSkill, wich felt like a very signature thing for him in SFV

Trailer released, great crying has begun

RIP SF6 Season2 Zangief 🥲

PS: interesting thing i missed watching the trailer, his new "jackhammer" move (the throw he does starting like SFV VT) is a Lv2 SA... for some reason i thought it was a Lv1.

Considering the "boost type" of super some got for Lv2 (Jaime, Juri, Guile) i thought Gief would get some boost type too (like SFV VT2)

So Lv1 is the one we currently miss, wonder what it is... if we follow other chars pattern will be an actual move, not a boost

Edited by CESTUS III
55 minutes ago, CESTUS III said:

SF6 on general seems to have a problem with idle poses, i'm not sold on Zanfieg one either

IMO they should've given everybody brand new idle stances in this game, no exceptions. They try to instead adapt the classic ones and it looks awkward with the art direction chosen for SF6, E. G. look back to the leak with Cammy's classic costume where she used her assic stance and it looked awful in screenshots

Looking at what Scotia posted and just following Nakayama's comments thus far. I'd be really surprised if Cody and Laura don't show up in SF6. Nakayama wanted Cody in the launch roster and seems to really like Laura. Given the lack of normals that are plus on hit, I'm curious how they would play. I figure EX...erm OD Zonk would have to still be +2.

4 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Looking at what Scotia posted and just following Nakayama's comments thus far. I'd be really surprised if Cody and Laura don't show up in SF6. Nakayama wanted Cody in the launch roster and seems to really like Laura. Given the lack of normals that are plus on hit, I'm curious how they would play. I figure EX...erm OD Zonk would have to still be +2.

World Tour is set in Metro City and Cody is the fucking mayor last we know. That pretty boy better fucking show up! We need to know if him and Jessica got back together or has he fallen for the exotic wiles of Poison at last!

6 minutes ago, Daemos said:

World Tour is set in Metro City and Cody is the fucking mayor last we know. That pretty boy better fucking show up! We need to know if him and Jessica got back together or has he fallen for the exotic wiles of Poison at last!

Neither of their communications reached Cody. Maise Marlowe accidentally didn't pass long their messages. 👀

DgtAV3MUYAIXqKS?format=jpg&name=small

Edited by Darc_Requiem
5 minutes ago, Daemos said:

Considering Kimberly is a thing i think we will see also Guy, at least as NPC

While at it wonder if/when we will see Morgan Freeman Kimberly's Uncle as playable char, watch them steal some Leroy vibes from T7 😄

2 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Cody's ex zonk is actually +3 on block and level 2 is +5.  Yeah, kind of silly....

I'm guessing in SF6 they would make it negative on block but with enough pushback to make it safe?  That seems to be the route they're taking with a lot of moves.  

23 minutes ago, HeavensCloud said:

Cody's ex zonk is actually +3 on block and level 2 is +5.  Yeah, kind of silly....

I'm guessing in SF6 they would make it negative on block but with enough pushback to make it safe?  That seems to be the route they're taking with a lot of moves.  

I could see OD Zonk being like +1 on Block and  +5 on Block from Drive Rush. Is Drive Rush  +3 or +4 additional frame advantage? I forgot.

1 hour ago, Sonero said:

The fuck you talking about?

SF5's first year at Evo it had massive numbers. Then it fumbled the bag being a wack game. MOFOS I WILL NEVER LET YOU FORGET.

I wasn't referring strictly to the EVO numbers, but rather SF5 as a whole from its failures to its redemption at the very end, it was a risky journey as the game tried many "firsts" for the franchise. SF6 looking like the second coming of christ is a direct result of SF5's struggles and victories.

11 hours ago, elliephil said:

Street Fighter Duel looks like some Chinese spyware shit, I ain't touching it 😷

I was the first one to dig it and posted it in an english speaking site in SRK from it's early version as SF_OL before it was revamp as SF_Duel in SRK and was the first one also to notice and pointed it out that it really ripped off the UI of the game named persona UI when it revamp to SF_Duel, 

I really want to like it but the latter character and bosses where kinda out place with the theme and SF

Edited by Shakunetsu
15 hours ago, Daemos said:

I wasn't referring strictly to the EVO numbers, but rather SF5 as a whole from its failures to its redemption at the very end, it was a risky journey as the game tried many "firsts" for the franchise. SF6 looking like the second coming of christ is a direct result of SF5's struggles and victories.

It's funny now but the prerelease message of SFV was what SF6 seems to have succeeded at. SFV was supposed to be the next generation ushering in the EATSPORTZ saga for the franchise. I do feel like people give SFV so much flak when allot of what will make 6 a success are things that were implemented in V either during it's first 2 years or in later editions. Maybe it just means more to me because I've been through the ups and downs rather than just abandoning the game because V's first season was a disaster. I remember when DNF Duel came out and it's survival mode was literally just ripped from SFV after they updated it with the enhancements element. It made me realize that despite all the shit V got the industry was still watching.  I think there were valid reasons to dislike V and I get it. But there's still allot of good shit that came from it that's making the jump to 6 and bandwagoners will praise those elements without giving V it's flowers. I'll never hate V. I'll always appreciate what it did even if it took a long time to get there.

This is adorable lol

I love 5. It's not my favorite SF or even favorite fighting game, but the experience from start to finish had me glued and interested. I never lost faith that Capcom will turn it around because I've seen and lived them turning things around with each numbered entry. So from season 3 onwards, I can say that SF5 finally became something I could be proud of.

But seeing SF6 the way it is shaping up today, I've never been more proud to be a Street Fighter fan than now. We're back baby! All the other fighters can suck it!