Stage Select

Street Fighter 6 Lounge: The FGC has a crack problem.

19 minutes ago, EvilCanadian said:

also theres a lot of hawk in lily

has

tomahawk buster

condor dive

condor spire

mexican typhoon

raging typhoon

and a lot of hawks normals, although they might take you a 2nd look cause its a bit disgused under the bonk sticks and shit. Ill prob do a video about it tomorrow but gotta do the normal breakdown stuff first

I wonder if she'll at least have better walk speed, etc. Tiny characters usually do, and it would help out her kit. 

Not that I'll notice since I'll be playing Cammy for the first time in my long life.

1 hour ago, Chun-Li_Forever said:

r/StreetFighter - A really cool detail about SF6 Cammy is how her jacket straps evoker her classic twin braids.

r/StreetFighter - Jacket straps painted same color as hair for emphasis.

Found on Reddit: "A really cool detail about SF6 Cammy is how her jacket straps evoker her classic twin braids."

That's a nice find. As a veteran Cammy enjoyer I would also like to point out another fun factoid about this image, namely the fact that Oh my God, look at those fucking abs they put on her, it looks like you could grind meat on those things, like, holy fucking shit

I hope you enjoyed this fun little trivia I noticed.

WOW. Just returned home

Going to post before read the fucktons of unread posts, sorry in advance as sure something have been already said

In random order

-Zangief having so many throws, was expected after auddio leaks but still cool to see... glad in particular to see Atomic Suplex return, but loved also see SFV VT1 to be transformed into a throw, surprised to see the kick counter return. Happy af for no green hand lmao... on general just love focus being so much on throws

His CA feels slighty less epic than i expected, but i suspect is NOT desperate version

-Find awesome how they worked on put waaay more emphasys on Zangief being a pro-wrestler, his animations really boosted the showman side.

Fun his SFEX stomps are back

-His CA may be a wink to SFtAM fight with Blanka, sequence is different but similar: in the anime he land a big punch knocking opponent down, cheer the audience and do a SPD, in  SF6 he land a big arm strike (a lariat) knocking opponent down, cheer the audience, throw a kick and do a SPD

timestamped

-On look new costume works well. I really liked they returned to brown hair, something that was still used in artworks but that ingame was'nt for a while (both SF4 and SFV had black hair Zangief). His body looks less ripped than usual, wonder if is due new graphic style, an intentional show of timeskip effect on the character (like they said was Guile 's case) or something else

-In his intro he playing the role of The Gief, his evil character from SFV

-The two wrestlers that attack him are the same we see in this stage, at the right of the red sign "Metro City"

Considering also DamnD has been an NPC in a stage (like the two wrestlers)  guess the MMA Cage Stage will work bit like SFV CPT ring stage, with NPCs being all NPCs from other stages... this seems very random detail, but make me think RETSU and mysterious suit/katana guy will appear as NPCs in some still unseen stage, likely Japan-related

-Cammy's new costumes works so fucking well ingame. I love her face too. And love all the love returning to her glorious hot butt, forgetting her stupid SFV plastic boobs... new Cammy just looks awesome. Plus don't even have to guess if i like it as much as the classic (no), as we already seen her nostalgia alt is just perfect, so i can enjoy both classic and new design

-Was hoping for something bit more "new" for Cammy's moveset on specials, overall she just feel "very Cammy"... but they did all so well i can't complain lol

-Pretty sure lot of people already noticed, but another wink at SF2tAM

Street Fighter Street Fighter2 GIF - Street Fighter Street Fighter2  Animated Movie - Discover & Share GIFs

-Like for Gief i think this was'nt her desperate version CA, i think this is <- i was wrong on this Cammy one, good point @BornWinner

-Not sure what to say about Lily beside the obvious similarities with T.Hawk moveset, i like her though, feels pretty original char to help cast variety

-Even before i said i got HUGE Soul Calibur Talim vibes from her, now that i seen her with green whirlwind powers it's even more the case lol

Talim Revealed for SOULCALIBUR VI | Page 3 | ResetEra

-Despite changes from the early sketch her redesign does'nt murder much the original vibes of the concept. Green alt color will help even more

-Still curious how they will implement weapon user moves to character creation

-I FUCKING LOVE all new stages, feels they understood how to resurrect world tour vibes. Lily one colors in particular are pure genius, but again love all 3

-Feeling even more convinced we will see missing -DLC- four ones before game release, wich make me hope whole "season 1" avaible at launch

Hyped in particular to see the work they did on Ed and Rashid (and OMG Rashid stage is going to be incredible)

PS: time to sleep, tomorrow will read all posts 😄

Edited by CESTUS III

screen-shot-2023-02-23-at-32937-pm.png?f

20_SF6_Cammy_6-1024x576.jpg

Here is an overview of today’s newly announced characters, via Capcom:

• Zangief – Rumbling his way onto the scene is the immense Zangief, an original World Warrior who loves to show off for the crowd at Barmaley Steelworks. A professional wrestler by trade, Zangief keeps hold of his trademark throws like the Screw Piledriver and Siberian Express, picking up new moves like the counter throw Tundra Storm. His Level 2 Super Art Cyclone Lariat and Level 3 Super Art Bolshoi Storm Buster are sure to be crowd-pleasers.
  • Lily – A new addition to the roster, Lily will seem familiar to some as she is a descendant of the Thunderfoot tribe, the same tribe as the iconic T. Hawk who was first seen in Super Street Fighter II. Small but mighty, Lily speaks with the spirits of nature at her home in the vibrant Thunderfoot Settlement and defeats enemies with her ferocious Condor Dive, Condor Spire, and Tomahawk Buster. Condor Wind will grant one Windclad stock, which powers up each of the aforementioned moves. Lily wields her war clubs to barrage opponents in her Level 1 Super Art Breezing Hawk and slams her enemies to the ground with her Level 3 Super Art Raging Typhoon.
  • Cammy – First appearing in Super Street Fighter II, the cat-loving Cammy returns with her beloved arsenal of high-powered attacks, including Spiral Arrow, Cannon Spike, and Hooligan Combination. The Heavy version of each of those three moves has been enhanced to allow for a delay which results in altered properties for some big damage. Visit King Street, Cammy’s foggy, industrial stage, and perform deadly Super Art moves like the Killer Bee Spin and Delta Red Assault to send opponents to their knees and get the crowd buzzing.

1 hour ago, CESTUS III said:

-Even before i said i got HUGE Soul Calibur Talim vibes from her, now that i seen her with green whirlwind powers it's even more the case lol

Even before I saw her whirlwind attacks I thought she was like a Talim lol. And then I saw the whirlwinds.

Edited by AriesWarlock

His CA feels slighty less epic than i expected, but i suspect is NOT desperate version

Like for Gief i think this was'nt her desperate version CA, i think this is

Actually I think all the level 3s shown in this trailer were their Critical Art versions. All the level 3s before were their desperation versions  (Jamie’s throat rip, Ken’s final punch, Juri’s foot on your face.). Plus the Cammy video you posted shows her life bar and it’s full for both players. 

4 hours ago, BornWinner said:

Actually I think all the level 3s shown in this trailer were their Critical Art versions. All the level 3s before were their desperation versions  (Jamie’s throat rip, Ken’s final punch, Juri’s foot on your face.). Plus the Cammy video you posted shows her life bar and it’s full for both players. 

I don't think it's carved in stone rule, example in first trailer Ryu use non-desperate version, and possibly also Luke does use his basic CA

But very good point on Cammy's lifebars, this really proof i was wrong on her 👍

Too bad, kinda like for Juri seems also for Cammy desperate looks not as violent/epic as the standard one... even if being a strike from the back they may make a point that she's striking not as flashy but more deadly/precise 

Going by majority you can be right on Zangief too... i was bit disappointed his final throw is just a spd, but thinking about it again maybe basic may be just lariat->spd without the cheering audience and the kick... would fit others desperate/non desperate differences

Well too bad, feels everybody else got their most epic shit, for Gief SF4 ultras are still unbeaten lol 🥲

Edited by CESTUS III

I think I actually  like Lily the most from that trailer? She's definitely reminiscent of Talim, but unlike the latter she doesn't come across as some kind of pedobait, but just a genuine "cute girl" archetype. Not sure if I'll play her but I found her instantly likeable. Even the thing with her clumsily messing up her Level 3 Super was charming.

Cammy looks solid all around but doesn't really blow me away. I'll try her out for sure though, loved playing her in 4 but hated her in 5 so we'll see.

Gief is fun to look at but, eh, if I want to play a grappler in SF6 I think I already have a certain other character I'm leaning more towards.

3 minutes ago, delete_me said:

I just realise that we've seen the entire launch roster now. I wonder if they're going to show the rest* before launch or if they have something else up their sleeves to hype it up until June.

*edit: the DLC characters

Either tease the DLC characters, show more of world tour, or do what they did with SFV in doing a character profile once a week until release.

Not to mention Cammy's Zangief's and Lily's characetr themes, maybe we'll get a look at the rest of the cast's VS Screen walk-ins + faces, and more

12 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

@Dragonfave723Don't get too exited. The Capcom TV shows have people that can't play SF to save their lives showing off the characters. It will be cool to see them, just don't expect anything useful about how effective their move sets are.

I'm aware of that after that last showcase they did. lol. But, new footage is new footage, regardless.