Stage Select

Street Fighter 6 Lounge: The FGC has a crack problem.

15 hours ago, TWINBLADES said:

Naw fuck you man these games have been fucking great. You must not know any of these players because there's so much going on here. Brian F/Broski with the Oro hope. Jimmy going from online warrior losing to spam Kens to being at Capcom Cup for the first time. Punk losing the Cody mirror. Zhen surpassing the player he literally idolized. Ending Walker straight cumpstering that Cammy player. Mono vs Zhen. Sorry but these matches have been fucking awesome.

Must be cool to care about players

On 2/13/2023 at 2:40 AM, elliephil said:

OE had some really bad scaling glitches compared to 30th. Yun command grab and genei jin didn't scale properly. Iron Galaxy essentially rebuilt the game. Compared to 30th that is basically an emulator.

I do keep hearing about timing differences compared to something like fightcade which I mean, sure. I do play at an arcade every once and a while and I always feel like I have to slow down but I'm not sure if that has to do with hardware.

Isn't the scaling issue because they used a different build of the game as a basis for OE? I thought I remembered it being the case that certain somewhat busted stuff didn't work in the Hyper SF2 version because they'd used a later version of 3s for that one much to the chagrin of the community. 

I'll never understand people that stan fightcade 3s over other versions though. Maybe it's gotten better since I used to play it, but fightcade emulation of 3s used to be pretty bad.

14 hours ago, DoctaMario said:

Isn't the scaling issue because they used a different build of the game as a basis for OE? I thought I remembered it being the case that certain somewhat busted stuff didn't work in the Hyper SF2 version because they'd used a later version of 3s for that one much to the chagrin of the community. 

I'll never understand people that stan fightcade 3s over other versions though. Maybe it's gotten better since I used to play it, but fightcade emulation of 3s used to be pretty bad.

I'm not too sure about why the scaling operates the way it does. I played 3s on 15th anniversary (ps2), dreamcast (this one had the revision port), arcade and never saw the type of scaling that was present in OE for Yun.

In the Hyper SF2 port, the main things that I remember about it was that A) the game was a bit faster and B) Urien's aegis reflector had 5 hits instead of 4.

Fightcade emulation is great for netplay but hardly arcade perfect. It used to run approx 5% faster at it's worse years ago, according to a friend who did some polling on it side-by-side with the CPS3 board.

My personal observations, the people who rate fightcade over other versions of 3s usually started on fc.

Edited by elliephil

More Frsoty Fausting videos

Spoiler

Guilty Gear Xrd Rev2 Exhibition

Samurai Shodown Top 8

Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax Top 4

Chaos Code Top 4

Samurai Shodown V Special Top 4

Vampire Saviour Top 8

Jojo Bizarre Adventure

Touhou Top 4

Dead or Alive Top 4

SoulCalibur VI Top 8

Divekick Top 4

Tatsunoko vs Capcom Top 4

Mortal Kombat XL Top 4

Mortal Kombat XI Top 8

Just now, Shakunetsu said:

that Udon cover makes me worry about Sean, and also the story revolving on Ken also makes me worry about his fate in future Sf.

that this might be the last SF of either Sean or Ken... I'm not gonna be surprised if one of them is killed off in this games backstory.

before I was just worried about Sean and now with Ken because of the huge build up and dev talk hype about Ken, which is him the perfect character to be plot twisted to die because of being a shoto clone like Sean, then they bring Mel Master into future SF under Sean or Ryu. The other way around is just they dispose Sean but they are trying in a way of a good exit.

I always feel since SF4 and Sf5 that Capcom purposely separate him from his co-new generation character in SF3 like Ibuki, Lee bros and Elena by creating a huge age-gap, from SF3 young characters appeared on SF4 as is compare to Sean being change and de-age into more younger character. While character like Ed in SFV were Age instantly to fit the cast.

For Ken, i feel that the hype might be an intentional misdirection to retire Ken character as another shoto clone despite not really the most shoto clone next to Ryu because would Akuma but Akuma is $$$ guarantee despite some niche dislike him for niche reason.

3 hours ago, ToreyBeans said:

What likely won't be fun is going against the bosses that'll have absolutely nothing to do with SF and hearing the 3DO version of Ken's theme 2458749 times in game... 

Im intested with NPCs like cyborg and giant multi armed mecha but the rest that kinda insert and has no connection is kinda meh

38 minutes ago, Dragonfave723 said:

looks like No Ed, cammy and etc from seen in the leak artwork