Stage Select

Street Fighter 6 Lounge: The FGC has a crack problem.

1 hour ago, Chun-Li_Forever said:

Honestly I'm happy they told the fans before the event. I wasn't lying when I said it's better when they communicate ahead of time. There was a big stink at Riot doing the  exact opposite at the start of their new season, and I kept thinking how much better it would've been if they just told people ahead of time what was going on to temper expectations.

Spoiler

Plus I already got Marisa officially revealed so I don't actually even care my hype has already peaked. 🙂

8 hours ago, Hecatom said:

Zero Divide?

If so, that game had a sequel on PS1 and PC that I just found out about last year, lol

I never knew the game had a console port (exclussive to europe)

Nah, One Must Fall.  It was before 3D was invented.  

That list is racist against PC robot fighters.  We should go on twitter and publicly ctrl+alt+delete it. 

Hey @GetTheTablesSamSho on sale for $12!  Steam. 

59 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

@CESTUS IIIYou my dude from bringing up Last Bronx. 👍🏾👍🏾 As for the rest of your list. I've played all of those expect Flying Dragon and Galaxy Fight...I think. Unless it's a Kaiser Knuckle/Global Champion situation.

Galaxy Fight was somehow linked to Waku Waku 7 iirc

also had hilarious Old Ryu character, this guy lol

【TAS】GALAXY FIGHT UNIVERSAL WARRIORS - ROUWE - YouTube

Flying Dragon had somehow lot popularity back then for N64 (never had the chance to touch it though), but disappeared lol

Had some nice visuals, very colourful

there was also a snes game before that

Just to add two more

Edited by CESTUS III
1 hour ago, Reticently said:

The SamSho rollback beta is live.  173.41mb download if you already had it installed.

I need to buy it on PC, but sadly, I can't at the moment.

Plus, I would still need to buy the dlc's since my mains are dlc chars.

Cries in no nude mod Iroha

Edit

BTW, does the Steam version and the Epic version can play between each other?

Edited by Hecatom
Just now, Reticently said:

No, although that's one of the most requested features, so there's an outside chance it might get added to the final rollback patch. Not that I'd betting on it.

If they could add crossplay with ps4/ps5 would be awesome, but I wouldn't be mad if they don't.

Rollback will be added to consoles right?

Or I am remembering that wrong?

Cuz it would suck that ends like the rollback for Xrd where is forever stuck on PC, despite the majority of people who own the game4 are on PS4/PS5, the same for AC+R

13 hours ago, Pair of Rooks said:

Nah, One Must Fall.  It was before 3D was invented.  

That list is racist against PC robot fighters.  We should go on twitter and publicly ctrl+alt+delete it. 

Hey @GetTheTablesSamSho on sale for $12!  Steam. 

And like $20 for all the DLC which is pretty killer. Definitely eyeballing it. 

Think you've seen some hideous arcade sticks, do you? Think again.

Today, I saw a guy with a light blue arcade stick with the Twitter logo on it. Yes, the Twitter logo. I wonder, out of the literally billions of concepts/images you could've decorated your stick with, you couldn't come up with anything better than the fucking Twitter bird? Did this guy just pick the first thing that popped into his mind and say to himself: "Yeah, let's go with that".

Since I was equally dumbfounded and fascinated by this atrocity, I asked the guy if I could take a picture of it. He gave me a puzzled look, that must've been the first time anybody ever wanted to take a second look a that abhorrent thing, let alone take a picture of it. He probably thought I was mocking him, and he wouldn't be wrong.

On 2/9/2023 at 8:45 PM, Hecatom said:

If they could add crossplay with ps4/ps5 would be awesome, but I wouldn't be mad if they don't.

Rollback will be added to consoles right?

Or I am remembering that wrong?

Cuz it would suck that ends like the rollback for Xrd where is forever stuck on PC, despite the majority of people who own the game4 are on PS4/PS5, the same for AC+R

Yeah all systems are getting rollback with crossplay in the spring.  

15 hours ago, Reticently said:

The SamSho beta is madness, but in a way that's fun in small doses.

I kind of hope that a lot of these people hop on to the delay netcode and play in between the betas too.

Yeah, specially because the delay is not as bad as people made it seem to be.

Speking of that, we should have some matches to celebrate the new year.

9 hours ago, Jurassic said:

I'm torn between KOFXV and Samurai Shodown since both are so cheap. Is KOF still active? I heard it will be getting crossplay soon.

Between the 2, KOFXV is more active.

With Samsho you will have to relay more on discord, reddit, fb groups, etc

Unless you play like around 12am to 6 am central time, wher you will be able to find a lot of casual rooms from the asian side of the community.

At the moment, I have solid connections with Japan despite me playing from Honduras.

2 hours ago, elliephil said:

Why did people not like SF 30th Anniversary for offline play again? I genuinely don't understand since the ports for games like 3rd Strike are way closer to arcade quality than previous releases.

I'm trying to figure that out too. I got on PC and PS4 and I haven't run into issues. Personally I would have preferred to have 3S Online Edition as that's my favorite version of the game. 

2 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

I'm trying to figure that out too. I got on PC and PS4 and I haven't run into issues. Personally I would have preferred to have 3S Online Edition as that's my favorite version of the game. 

Some people have claimed that they drop inputs in 30th but there is no substantial evidence to back this up outside of PCB stats, which is not the games fault.

I know that a lot of them play fightcade mainly which actually does have a history of being slightly faster than arcade. (Although, I wouldn't be surprised if the emulation has become much closer over the years through updates.)

7 hours ago, elliephil said:

Why did people not like SF 30th Anniversary for offline play again? I genuinely don't understand since the ports for games like 3rd Strike are way closer to arcade quality than previous releases.

For 3s only, 3SOE was preferred over 30th because of some super niche glitches or timing issues or something. I forgot them because they didn't seem relevant.   But if you want more than just 3s and you ain't a weird arcade hyper-purist then 30th's online is about as good as anything capcom puts out.