Stage Select

Street Fighter 6 Lounge: The FGC has a crack problem.

2 minutes ago, Chun-Li_Forever said:

@Daemos Luke, Kimberly, and Jamie are ever going to replace the OGs. And I don't believe that is the dev's intent. Ryu, Chun, and Ken have immortalized themselves into SF forever. But I think this is their "passing of the torch" to the younger generation.

I know what that is, the torch shouldn't be passed to these tiktokers! They are unworthy! World Warriors Forever!

SF6 music is just okay. It's nothing to write home about but it's not dog shit either. Capcom is clearly sticking to the theme of the game so while there might be some leitmotifs from pervious iterations its clear Capcom isn't willing to budge on this one. SFV had allot of great themes and some times I feel people aren't willing to give that OST it's flowers because SFV BAD. Outside of Juri's theme I think almost every character remix was done tastefully. 

Ken and Chun probably have the strongest themes for returning characters. Luke doesn't count because his 5 theme is probably a de-evolution of his 6 theme. Jamie probably has the best newcomer theme. Guiles is probably the worst only because relative to both SFV versions of his theme nothing about his 6 one invokes the early 90's murica feel. The stage themes are also kinda weird too. I actually really like Carrier Byron Taylors theme but it doesn't fit look of that stage. The Paris theme slaps though.

46 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Fire? No. Dumpster fire? Absolutely. Juri's SFV theme is the only one I flat out don't like. It's terrible. Sounds like some low rent stripper music. To go from the SFIV theme to that was a damned travesty.

Juri helps these hoes get their rent paid stop hating 

Man...I'm not sure what's going on with the Anime/Guilty Gear side of the fgc but....its gotten substantially gay. A good third of the tweets in the GG twittersphere are about some type of LGBT sitaution (thirsting for male characters, gay comments at each other or something or other about being trans/coming/etc).

Its great that people are comfortable and all that but it seems hilariously high compared to other games.

🤔

2 hours ago, Sonero said:

That no personality sad sack guitar riff that plays when you load up SF5.

Profound sadness. I'm a fan of the 2465 remixes of the SFV theme in the game. Indestructible is definitely better in Japanese with Flo-rida on it. 

1 hour ago, TWINBLADES said:

It's nothing to write home about but it's not dog shit either. Capcom is clearly sticking to the theme of the game so while there might be some leitmotifs from pervious iterations its clear Capcom isn't willing to budge on this one.

Ya know, Third Strike's themes were a lot like SF6: hip hop vibe, strong percussion, weak melodies, the stage music was parsed into three mixes (home versions only), and the got rappers on their main tracks. I guess it stands to reason, since SF6 is canonically after Third Strike anyway.

BTW, why in the world did it take so long for SF Duel to get to us?? Sheesh!

3 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

They should rename Street Fighter: Duel to Street Fighter: Soon in the US. I even got the tag line. "Street Fighter: Soon it's finally time to FRRRRRYYYY"

Lol the audio and sound design in the trailer is so off haha

their production team is terrible

Taiwan got it first even it's under Tencent,

Edited by Shakunetsu
20 hours ago, Daemos said:

No. Just no.

Those 3 can never replace Ryu, Ken, and Chun-Li! 😭

Thy're not going to replace them

It' just Capcom recognizing that at this point (specially if SF6 will bring new fans), SF audience will have VERY wide range

Ryu and others will stay there for us 30/40s old, Luke and co are simply supposed to meet younger audience taste

The fact itself that SF6 start cast is full of SF2 (including unpopular ones that retarded internet does'nt like) should tell you at least for now Capcom still keep vets on high regard

2 hours ago, Daemos said:

do-you-promise-promise.gif

Can't promise they will never go full retard, but if they stay smart lot veterans will stay around for long time

I fear for some of the less popular SF2ers future though... yet, Honda grabbing a slot in vanilla SF6 surprised me a lot.

Nice to see despite becomig marketing smart they have still some integrity

On 1/31/2023 at 10:40 AM, Sonero said:

Man...I'm not sure what's going on with the Anime/Guilty Gear side of the fgc but....its gotten substantially gay. A good third of the tweets in the GG twittersphere are about some type of LGBT sitaution (thirsting for male characters, gay comments at each other or something or other about being trans/coming/etc).

Its great that people are comfortable and all that but it seems hilariously high compared to other games.

🤔

doesn't FGC have the highest % of trans people?  With like maybe the exception of the broad speedrunning community? 

anyway i'm playing through Hollow Knight again.  it's cool halfway knowing where stuff is, i've went through the areas in a wildly different way than the first time without even trying.

That's something I've agreed with you about on Day 1. Forums are better. Twitter/Discord/Reddit are just disjointed messes that are ill fit for the FGC. I had to be brow beaten into signing up for Discord. Only ended up doing it because I was playing Destiny 2 at the time and voice chat didn't work for cross play. FGC and cancel happy Twitter are just not a good mix. Reddit is just straight trash. A splintered worse version of the forum format.

I used to lurk at SRK for a while before I finally signed up. I liked SRK because gave me the same feeling I used to get from my long dead local arcade. It blowing up was sort of like the arcades dying all over again. At least for me. Thanks to @misterBeefor coming through in the clutch with Megashock.

Just now, Sonero said:

A lot of Strivers are Smashers. They just jumped in on it as their first FG.

But its...interesting. That's for sure. They're really nice overall but just a big generational divide is best way I can put it. Much more free to be themselves in all the ways that could mean.

Is it like when Tumblr died and the community jumped onto Twitter making it 10 times worse?

Hmm...the FGC is in its Hot Topic phase. Where its cool things are readily accessible but it also means that things get dilluted a lot. 

I do things because I like them. So them being big or small is irrelevant to me. Which is why I always found it odd that you had to bend over for eSports. Plenty of hobbies are awesome and don't become flashy things.

It's a mixed bag. Some of the things that I liked (in MTG and FGs) have largely gone by the wayside.  Doesn't help that the people in charge of aspects of it didn't see value in the stuff they had.

Discord is based when it comes to talking with friends though. I just started actively chatting with a Cammy player I've been playing against since season 2 in rank and we always used to run into each other on Twitch because we were always stream snipping some top player. Finally asked the dude after like 4 years if he's got other means of communication and now we spam HEH every time we wash one another in a set. It's great. Makes me miss Pookie 😞

Discord is fine for what it is. I don't necessarily like how cliquish Discord communites can be though. It happened in forums and in SRK too (where stuff was dictated not by what was said but how much any one person was liked), but the slower form of communication usually lead to better convos.

That said the bar for the FGC is fucking low. It isn't quite wrestling fandom levels of dumb but boy its tricky.