Stage Select

Street Fighter 6 Lounge: The FGC has a crack problem.

39 minutes ago, Sonero said:

You guys should look at Marisa's level 3 again. Don't know if it was mentioned but it looks like it drains the opponent's whole drive gauge on hit. In that clip Manon loses the little bit she has left but the animation made it seem like you could lose a lot more.

All supers that are not installs drain the drive gauge on hit. Level 3s taking off 1 and a half drive meter and Critical Arts taking 2 whole blocks.

Edited by BornWinner
10 hours ago, HeavensCloud said:

Finally someone with some sense.  Got SF4 in there and above 3rd Strike.  

@EvilCanadianyou going to get in on this trend?

This is just about saying which games you like instead of what you consider the actual best right?

Cause my list isn't gonna have third strike on it or marvel 2/3, and I don't need the wailing of nerds coming at me for it.

Edited by EvilCanadian
3 hours ago, EvilCanadian said:

This is just about saying which games you like instead of what you consider the actual best right?

Cause my list isn't gonna have third strike on it or marvel 2/3, and I don't need the wailing of nerds coming at me for it.

My list would have Psychic Force unusually high, let the kids scratch their heads.  😤

Also Karate Champ and SF2:WW for figuring it all out.

26 minutes ago, Jurassic said:

It would be interesting to see what everyone's personal top ten fighting games are and if a consensus can be made.

My personal favorite are CvS2. But this all depends on how you want to see it.

The best fighting game is probably SF2, no other game even comes close to how iconic the game became or how much of a phenomenon it was to experience growing up.

SF4 came close and should probably be in every top 10 list IMO.

But my personal favorite SF game is Alpha 3 (and to a lesser extent SF5). The latter I think history will remember much more fondly than SF4. SF5's redemption arc which directly fed into SF6's soon to be meteoric rise is a GREAT story to tell.

Edited by Daemos
2 hours ago, Vhozite said:

Say what you want about Kotal Khan being a jobber but he is at least fun to play and relatively unique in MK11. Necalli is boring as shit in the lore and in game.

I think Necalli was meant to be Akuma-lite. Capcom wanted to reimagine the "Akuma" edgelord thing for SF5 because Akuma was at Tekken7.

1 hour ago, Jurassic said:

It would be interesting to see what everyone's personal top ten fighting games are and if a consensus can be made.

Personal top 10 and "These are legitimately sound games that you should play" are waaaaaaaaaaaaaay different things. Think there is definitely a list of 10 FGs you should play that'll help you figure out what kind of FGs you like. Think that would be a more interesting list for newcomers.

1 hour ago, Daemos said:

I think Necalli was meant to be Akuma-lite. Capcom wanted to reimagine the "Akuma" edgelord thing for SF5 because Akuma was at Tekken7.

we kinda know from trailer what his gonna end up being toss against Ryu that Necali is absent in SF3,

His a disposable filler character just like Seth to Bison that was meant to be destroyed by Ryu in SFV without the need of Akuma.

His the role was Akuma usual role supposed to be in the trailer while his moveset is obviously inspired by SF4 Evil Ryu.

Necali was a failed attempt to captivate the SF4 evil Ryu appeal without the need of Evil Ryu because he was meant to absorb Evil Ryu from Ryu in the trailer.

His SF4 Evil Ryu 2.0 while Evil Ryu 3.0 attempt is Kage.

Nobody cares what I think the top 10 FGs are, and I definitely don’t care what some streamer says are the best games lol

32 minutes ago, Sonero said:

Personal top 10 and "These are legitimately sound games that you should play" are waaaaaaaaaaaaaay different things. Think there is definitely a list of 10 FGs you should play that'll help you figure out what kind of FGs you like. Think that would be a more interesting list for newcomers.

Yeah I think these lists would be a lot more interesting if there was some kind of quantifiable goal besides dick eating/hating on certain games.

If you’re gonna list your favorite games that’s all in good fun, but trying to list the games you think are best is just pointless imo.

Edited by Vhozite
22 hours ago, Vhozite said:

Say what you want about Kotal Khan being a jobber but he is at least fun to play and relatively unique in MK11. Necalli is boring as shit in the lore and in game.

Kotal Kahn's lore was actually kind of cool. He was the strongest general the Outworld army.  So strong that Shao Kahn actually feared him. He betrayed Kotal Kahn and had him imprisoned. Then.....in game he gets slapped around by the "kombat kids". It's one thing to get beat up by Shao Kahn it's another for the Scooby Gang* to stroll into your hood beat you up in front everyone. Still, he did get to be ruler of a realm and despite jobbing has Jade his ride or die chick. Necalli got....ummm... a speech impediment and.....turned into goo? I'm salty about Kotal Kahn jobbing but I think it's possible to turn his situation around. Necalli is unsalvageable.

*(the real one not that Mindy Kaling shit)

Edited by Darc_Requiem