Stage Select

Street Fighter 6 Lounge: The FGC has a crack problem.

20 hours ago, Jocelot said:

Why is it that FGC based eSports sponsorships feel like they're on "borrowed time" compared to other games?

I know we don't got billion dollar annual budgets but c'mon. 

Mostly cause they are.

The orgs come in with a specific idea of what they want out of you, and then if its no longer a thing your time is used up.

I have had a very large org approach me before(not panda) specifically concerning project L and now they got all these goals and designs around it. I didn't do anything with them for a variety of reasons but they got goals/times and places they interested in.

21 hours ago, Jocelot said:

Why is it that FGC based eSports sponsorships feel like they're on "borrowed time" compared to other games?

Because we're finally starting to see what people have been predicting for years - the fgc esports bubble is bursting and it was never going to be a viable source of income, especially with how poverty the prize pools are to this day when even the biggest fucking event in the genre awards as much money to its winner as something like a Fortnite invitation does to a dude in 50th place 

Arc World tour is a joke, so is SNK world championship, the NRS kompetition has been dead for over two years now, the Skullgirls tour is tiny, the DBFZ World Tour made some weird changes where players like Wawa couldn't quality to finals. We're basically carried by TWT and CPT and even those two have significantly lost viewership over the years. 

9 hours ago, Shakunetsu said:

It sounds great I just hope it doesnt include more odd things like guest characters but rather a proper MVC characters

I respect it. Mans is putting his money where his mouth is in the most real way.

TBH though, if there is a group of modders worth supporting is the MvC3 people. They're basically behind melee and project M people in modding fuckery.

3 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

People give Max shit, but if he's into a game. He backs it. I respect that.

Max's audience is mostly non-FGC. Dude has done enough goofy videos that people can stop pretending he was making a FG channel for FGC people. Which is fucking FINE. FGC people is niche AF; even after all the years of eSports and bullshit, it has stayed niche.

But the guy is an FGC person and he is doing shit. Can't shit on people who legit support things with their paper. Reminds me of when Justin Wong put money in the Evo pot for MvC3 and dudes were talking shit. Nah, 5K is hella money.

On 1/17/2023 at 11:23 AM, CESTUS III said:

Will never understand why people love so much the backward dodge most unsafe shit ever lol

Btw grappler got nothing on tthe original Zangief Kid

Wich lead us to

Zangief trailer when

IKR!!  Zangief Kid could have literally killed that punk if he didnt drop him right! My boy's whole life must have flashed before his eyes as he was up in the air!

Patience my friend,all good things comes to those who wait. I just know that when it does release and Big Papa Gief finally makes his triumphant return to the streets...

All those Shoto lovers who wine about grapplers being OP........are going to @#$%@! in their collective pants.

Ya'll never just sit back and theorycraft this thing??

I have ,since Day 1!!

The combination of Grapplers and the Drive System GADDAYUM!!! That's some scary stuff!!

It's that nightmare fuel inducing thing that'll have Nemo staying up at night,sweating bullets when he sees Itazan in pools.LOL!! 

Fun times ahead just sit back and enjoy the show!!

19 minutes ago, Counterstrike said:

II just know that when it does release and Big Papa Gief finally makes his triumphant return to the streets...

All those Shoto lovers who wine about grapplers being OP........are going to @#$%@! in their collective pants.

...for whole Season 1

Watch Gief being strong AF at launch, get nerfed at first big patch and never recover for rest of SF6 life 🥲

2 hours ago, CESTUS III said:

...for whole Season 1

Watch Gief being strong AF at launch, get nerfed at first big patch and never recover for rest of SF6 life 🥲

Yeah that patch was by far the absolute worst and killed a lot of my hype for the game. Like 1/3rd of the roster got absolutely destroyed and then Capcom turned around and went full stupid on a handful of characters. Season 2 was the lowest point of the game.

Season 1 was imo the best version of the game don’t @ me.

Edited by Vhozite
1 hour ago, Vhozite said:

Yeah that patch was by far the absolute worst and killed a lot of my hype for the game. Like 1/3rd of the roster got absolutely destroyed and then Capcom turned around and went full stupid on a handful of characters. Season 2 was the lowest point of the game.

Season 1 was imo the best version of the game don’t @ me.

Did'nt had even a specific game in mind tbh, just had my scrub generic impression that common gimmick is Zangief showing up powerful af, then devs fuck him up at very first big chance because they don't like Zangief being powerful af and give to him big fat nerfs and to you compensation buff crumbs (LK have longer reach on friday, LP now does stronger sound on hit!) for the rest of game cycle 🤣

To explain it in my dumb words have the impression is by design to properly represent Zangief you need him to be a strong af tank that work hard to put hands on his opponent, and as reward he fuck up people life badly when he finally grab him... but problem is when he actually starts to fuck lives up devs don't like it because ugly bear man should be an absolutely non-problematic middle tier at best. Meanwhile in next capcom room devs be like "we made Akuma stronk because we like Akuma stronk 😄 "

But again, super ignorant scrub impression that nobody should listen lol

To follow up, every time somebody say "Ryu seem so stronk in SF6!", as Ryu main i remember SFV days where boring/mediocre Ryu was idolized by devs as quintessential achievement of perfect balancement and feel like

Monkey Puppet - Meming Wiki

RIP stronk SF6 Ryu

2 June 2023 - 4 July 2023

1 hour ago, -PVL93- said:

S1 Chun, Necalli, Mika, Nash

You forgot Cammy, Ryu, Ken, and Karin.

Bison wasn't great, but playable. Guile was viable (even if I thought he wasn't great), Ibuki had some grime to her.

Considering the cast was smaller and at least half that roster was really strong it isn't the worst.

Nah, I didn't like season 1 at all.  Mika flailing with her Irish whip that was impossible to whiff punish so she'd just do it again and hit you leading into a mid screen wallbounce, Nash all over the screen with his impossible to see dashes, Chun with her plus on block air lightning legs?  All this in 8 frames of input lag, fun stuff.   

Season 3 was where it was at.  The game should have launched with Arcade Edition.  

1 hour ago, Sonero said:

You forgot Cammy, Ryu, Ken, and Karin.

S1 Cammy was so fucking stupid that Capcom spent the next 4 years nerfing her every season opener patch lmao 

Christ what were they thinking back then 

Karin was strong of course but I feel like she was carried to prominence by Punk. No one else achieved quite the results with her as he did during those first CPT SFV years 

3 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

He's a Nash main. He would enjoy S1 Nash.

I didn’t play him in Season 1, and besides current Nash is 100% better than he was back then. If the game stayed S1 forever I’ve would’ve stuck to Vega.

3 hours ago, -PVL93- said:

You'd really prefer S1 Chun, Necalli, Mika, Nash fiesta over what happened in the later seasons? Granted S2 overbuffed characters like Urien and Guile but still 

Remember the roster was a lot smaller back then. In addition to who you mentioned, Ryu, Ken, Cammy, Rashid, and Karin were also good. That right there is half the launch roster at a competent level. Vega had good buttons, Ibuki was underrated iirc, and Guile was ok I think.

52 minutes ago, HeavensCloud said:

Nah, I didn't like season 1 at all.  Mika flailing with her Irish whip that was impossible to whiff punish so she'd just do it again and hit you leading into a mid screen wallbounce, Nash all over the screen with his impossible to see dashes, Chun with her plus on block air lightning legs?  All this in 8 frames of input lag, fun stuff.   

Season 3 was where it was at.  The game should have launched with Arcade Edition.  

Nah 3 added G and Ed it was just less trash than S2 it was still ass. By S4 the roster was too bloated.

Ill give you 8 frames tho. Shit was terrible to play in.

Edited by Vhozite

Honestly every season had a fair share of its bullshit and absolutely dumbfuck balance decisions, but still I don't think anything will be worse than the degeneracy of S1 

Even with dummy good Ibuki, Guile, Urien, Balrog, Abi in S2

Or how problematic Rashid was for several years until finally they decided to tone him down in S5

Or batshit broken Bison in S3 (making his dash a teleports is still probably the worst change they've made throughout the game's lifespan) 

Or the CPT winning tier Laura in S4 and the  poor idom immediately gets hit by nerfs the following season 

Then you have characters like Gief, Juri, Alex, Fang, Vega, Falke, Cody, Blanka who remained irrelevant for years on end 

Poor Charlie literally had to atone for his S1 sins to this very day after he got his legs chopped off in S2 onwards 

Edited by -PVL93-
4 minutes ago, -PVL93- said:

Or batshit broken Bison in S3 (making his dash a teleports is still probably the worst change they've made throughout the game's lifespan) 

Bison has had lots of bullshit over SFV but his dash is not on that list. It’s one of the slowest in the game and has the most noticeable animation and sound effect to boot. It’s a throw or jab punishable if over used.