Stage Select

Street Fighter 6 Lounge: The FGC has a crack problem.

2 hours ago, misterBee said:

how do u sleep at night

I think pleasant thoughts about pressing byak 5a

1 hour ago, TWINBLADES said:

literal restroom fighting game stan... you can make this shit up

You better believe it

Whether in a ballroom or a bathroom

In the popeyes parking lot outside CEO or the food court of Mandalay Bay

French breads strongest warriors fight on....

Just now, Edmund said:

With regards to KOF as a mainly street fighter and tekken player, I find it really really hard to do hops/hyper hops and I can't seem to adjust to the KOF style of gameplay.

Anyone else like me having the same struggle? Any advice on how to transition from street fighter to Kof? I really wanna get decent at kof. 

Not necessarily KoF but I don’t have weird mental barriers when approaching certain games. Like coming from SF or MK it always takes me a while to get used to movement in airdashers. In fact it’s so bad that I typically end up playing characters that don’t have real airdashes (Nago, Cerebella). 

1 hour ago, Edmund said:

With regards to KOF as a mainly street fighter and tekken player, I find it really really hard to do hops/hyper hops and I can't seem to adjust to the KOF style of gameplay.

Anyone else like me having the same struggle? Any advice on how to transition from street fighter to Kof? I really wanna get decent at kof. 

I had the same struggle when I was playing it a lot last March.  The only answer is grinding away in training mode until you have the muscle memory.  Trying doing 10 regular hops in a row and then try 10 hyper hops, then try doing 10 hops into a short combo, etc.  The hardest part about going from SF to KOF is the neutral, it really isn't similar at all and will feel very chaotic until you get better.  

3 hours ago, Edmund said:

It's more offensive and execution demanding from the flow of rounds/matches. The best I advice I can give you is that you just need to be quick and controlling through interpretation from a more grounded mechanical engine. Like every fighting game fundamentally, communication growth from yourself and your opponent are the same. 

There's always a time and place to redefine your comfort zone. Challenge that limit, if you can. 

Though talking is different than actually showing you. I'll see if I can have the time for you this year to introduce you to the series, if no one else does.

Edited by Emptyeyes_
On 1/12/2023 at 3:56 PM, Darc_Requiem said:

@TWINBLADESMan I was on SFV last night and couldn't get any matches. Two times they tried to match me with a one bar and the best lounge I saw was a two bar. I made it all the way through the SFV route of arcade mode nothing. Even tried going directly into Ranked. Nothing doing.

I only get matched with brazilian Kens last time I tried.

You know, the usual flowchart type that are laggy as fuck with a lagswitch at hand to make the connection even worse when you take a round.

was there a fighting game character that effectively use as a special move or super

like a FLASH BANG/flash grenade effect like 

and also a SMOKE BOMB

I have seen an some few FGs attempt with a flash bangs but they kinda executed and implemented poorly as a FG character move

4 hours ago, Sonero said:

TBH, it shouldnt be really that difficult, since we have similar stuff that can be used from real life example to explain the dynamics of fgs.

Assuming the athletes are for actual sports, you can use homonyms from their sports, since there are fundamentals from fgs that can be extrapolated to actual sports as examples of the idea, not a 1:1 thing but something that can illustrate the concept in a easy way

1 hour ago, Shakunetsu said:

was there a fighting game character that effectively use as a special move or super

like a FLASH BANG/flash grenade effect like 

and also a SMOKE BOMB

I have seen an some few FGs attempt with a flash bangs but they kinda executed and implemented poorly as a FG character move

Well, a flashbang objective is to impair sight and hearing, so implementing them outside a fps/tps setting can be very difficult, specially on a game where both players share the same screen.

Any implementation would be reduced to stuff like staggering the opponent, or adding something like a confused status, where the opponent's controls get scrambled, like the moves where they reverse the directional inputs.

Thanks for the replies regarding KOF, guys. Appreciate it. I'm on stick and short hops have been so awkward to do. 

I kinda have to do it this way to make it happen - Pressing up forward then immediately pressing down back. It works for me almost 90% of the time. If I tap uf on the stick, I get a regular jump quite often. 

And yes the neutral of KOF is so different compared to SF. I keep looking to play footsies and whiff punish. 

4 hours ago, elliephil said:

But at least it's the best bathroom game of all time

Bro these convos are amazing. Also absolutely bizarre.

Funny enough the trans question is why I had to switch up my Strive avatar. Thought I had made a silly goose looking character eith light blue and pink as colors. Then suddenly all the trans people are rocking that on everything. 

7 hours ago, Edmund said:

kinda have to do it this way to make it happen - Pressing up forward then immediately pressing down back. It works for me almost 90% of the time. If I tap uf on the stick, I get a regular jump quite often. 

That's basically the way most people do it. You're on the right track. You can whiff punish and play footsies but it is character dependent. Example, some characters can convert off far standing C and some can't. You will be better off using your movement in those situations.

6 hours ago, Sonero said:

Funny enough the trans question is why I had to switch up my Strive avatar. Thought I had made a silly goose looking character eith light blue and pink as colors. Then suddenly all the trans people are rocking that on everything. 

I have found over the past 5 years or so that my tag has had me receive completely unsolicited questions about gender, sexuality, etc, when it wasn't even an issue before that. It's had me debate changing my tag at some point but too many people know me by the one I use now. Plus, it's my name so waa LOL

I guess it's just jarring to have identity mean this much to some people that they need to get confirmation, find your Twitter, and question you about it. (Or look at you a certain way for a fucking colour palette lol)

Things have gotten extra weird in the FGC tbh. If anime wasn't weird, now its weird + gender issues levels of weird. Its kinda crazy. Although these Street Fighter motherfuckers are on some other shit right :

You know, in SRK we would've had the decency to flame this level of stupidity into the stratosphere. Can you imagine letting the whole planet your this much of a fucking idiot?

People who wanna turn themselves into celebrities are so goddamned corny.

24 minutes ago, Sonero said:

Bro I don't even know what he is trying to defend anymore. This would've been over with one tweet being like "Aight I said something kidna dumb, thanks for letting me know." but instead the man is trying to dig an unironic grave for himself.

Both sides are definitely blowing it out of proportion but what is most amazing is how many times this happens and STILL no one knows when to just let it go.

28 minutes ago, Sonero said:

Its like white T'Challa but without the funny.

main-qimg-12b5ec9d6a008e9582d697a69138fa

LOL

8 hours ago, elliephil said:

I have found over the past 5 years or so that my tag has had me receive completely unsolicited questions about gender, sexuality, etc, when it wasn't even an issue before that. It's had me debate changing my tag at some point but too many people know me by the one I use now. Plus, it's my name so waa LOL

I guess it's just jarring to have identity mean this much to some people that they need to get confirmation, find your Twitter, and question you about it. (Or look at you a certain way for a fucking colour palette lol)

When I started using my name most people assumed I was a girl. During the days I played Rainbow Six Vegas I had guys try to hit on me thinking I was female 😂. Though that doesn't happen anymore.  As of late I've been dropping the bird part of my name. 

3 hours ago, Sonero said:

Bro I don't even know what he is trying to defend anymore. This would've been over with one tweet being like "Aight I said something kidna dumb, thanks for letting me know." but instead the man is trying to dig an unironic grave for himself.

Its like white T'Challa but without the funny.

main-qimg-12b5ec9d6a008e9582d697a69138fa

Whenever I see someone bring up "White T'Challa" it just lets me know they know zero about Black Panther. His adopted older brother is white.

000whitewolf_com_mas_mob_01.jpg

I keep waiting for someone to dress up as White Wolf and have Twidiots call them racist. Like when those "She-Ra fans" attacked a girl for "white washing" She-Ra characters. She literally drew their original character designs. Hmm.....I bet @Chadoukenwould dress up as White Wolf 😂

Edited by Darc_Requiem