Stage Select

Street Fighter 6 Lounge: The FGC has a crack problem.

1 hour ago, HeavensCloud said:

What's the latest?

the latest is that he apparently handled the money like shit but didn't steal any.

We're at the point where Matcherino has to say they are investigating things or basically things are at an impasse. A lot of people are vouching for Art because he did right by them properly. That lowers the amount of potentially questionable tournaments prize money distribution.

After that its who knows. He def paid people late, transfered money to his account to cash people out on paypal (which apparently lead to stuff being taken by payapl fees, taxes etc), and in some cases took a long time to pay people out. A lot of that is against Matcherino TOS so they have reason to break ties with him.

But hopefully the stuff that looked really close to wire fraud was all just incompetence rather than malice. Them memes were funny AF though.

18 hours ago, Sonero said:

This situation with Art is going in weird directions.

Yes.  After watching his self-defense stream and some of Bum's streams it looked like he was SUPER guilty of stealing.

But apparently the missing money is actually just Paypal and Matcherino fees?

I'm waiting to see what people uncover.

2 hours ago, Pair of Rooks said:

That defense didn't work out for the FTX guy....

FTX guy wasn't following his own TOS. Arturo didnt follow TOS either. So the situation there is a bit more straightforward. Arturo broke TOS a million times. Doing so made a mess of the accounting and now we're on a second situation: Did he take pocket money he wasn't supposed to or are the lost numbers stuff eaten by fees/taxes?

The fees and taxes question is just a clusterfuck at that point. People gotta bring receipts (of which there should be plenty since its all digital). So that's on Matcherino's end to audit as much as possible and then provide some type of statement.

Afterwards we have the situation of the people who accused Arturo of taking money/bad work ethic. Bad work ethic he admitted to on his own stream. The ones who said he was thieving though, that's a whole different situation because if they made some baseless claims that made Art lose money....there might be grounds for an actual defamation case.

Goofy clusterfuck.

15 hours ago, Sonero said:

FTX guy wasn't following his own TOS. Arturo didnt follow TOS either. So the situation there is a bit more straightforward. Arturo broke TOS a million times. Doing so made a mess of the accounting and now we're on a second situation: Did he take pocket money he wasn't supposed to or are the lost numbers stuff eaten by fees/taxes?

The fees and taxes question is just a clusterfuck at that point. People gotta bring receipts (of which there should be plenty since its all digital). So that's on Matcherino's end to audit as much as possible and then provide some type of statement.

Afterwards we have the situation of the people who accused Arturo of taking money/bad work ethic. Bad work ethic he admitted to on his own stream. The ones who said he was thieving though, that's a whole different situation because if they made some baseless claims that made Art lose money....there might be grounds for an actual defamation case.

Goofy clusterfuck.

Yeah this is what confused me when this all started. When Arturo allegedly said it takes 30-60 days to pay out, that was absolutely not true, so yes he did break TOS a bunch of times and he should've been fired for that from Matcherino. But when I did my personal audit, I confirmed that all my players got paid either through Matcherino or through Arturo paying them out through Paypal. People get fired from jobs, but the FGC has a very real problem with not being able to differentiate fire-worthy offenses from ban-worthy ones. 

As long as there are receipts that all offended parties within the FGC outside of Matcherino have been settled up with, then there's no reason Arturo can't continue being a streamer or tech guy, just with no involvement with prize pools. 

Edited by Psychoblue
27 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

@PsychoblueI can't disagree with anything you said fam. 

I'm sure you've peeped all  the shit people talk about me on the socials for joining Freshcut (which doesn't even do crypto anymore) so you understand what I'm about to say comes from experience. 

People get fired for all sorts of reasons, but the FGC has some illusion in their minds that if you're fired it should only be because you deserve it because you did something unforgivable. This Arturo stuff sounds like "we told you not to do it, you did it anyway, GGs" but acting like he's OMGitzAndre is not the wave. And I told Arturo when this first happened that even though I was going to pause our VOD deal until this is resolved and blown over, I would always remember all he did for me and my scene. I would not be in the position I'm in now to push SFxT as a main EVO exhibiiton if not for Arturo. I wish people would remember all the good hes' done rather than seeing this as an opportunity to try and erase his entire legacy. The damage that would do to the FGC would be irreparable. 

■ About

Granblue Fantasy: Versus Rising

This 2D fighting game based on the hit mobile RPG from Cygames was an ambitious title that set out to expand the boundaries of the genre.

Since 2020, events and tournaments have been held worldwide with the loving support of players and fans alike.

And now… the next version of Granblue Fantasy: Versus, revamped with all-new features, has arrived: Granblue Fantasy: Versus Rising.

■ New Mechanic: Ultimate Skills

An even more powerful version of Plus Skills.

Briefly slows down the opponent’s movement, enabling new ways to land combos and punish openings or whiffed attacks.

That’s not all! More new mechanics will be revealed soon!

■ New Characters and Stages

In addition to the original cast of 24 characters, even more playable characters will be joining the roster! Whose stage could this be?

■ New Story Content

Enjoy a simplified version of RPG Mode in an all-new Story Mode, including all chapters from the first Granblue Fantasy: Versus!

An original saga featuring new characters is set to unfold.

■ Online Features

• Rollback netcode: confirmed.
  • Cross-play: confirmed.

Enhanced Graphics

In-game shaders and post-processing effects have been enhanced to replicate the iconic art style of Granblue Fantasy.

■ New Online Lobby: Island

Run, jump, play, and explore in the new online lobby island! There’s more than just battles in-store!

■ Grand Bruise Legends

Take a break from the fight and discover new ways to play with multiplayer party games.

• Rising Royale – Race to the finish while avoiding obstacles and use items to take out other players in this topsy-turvy battle royale!
  • Gold Brick Hoarder – Wrangle up Gold Bricks and take them to your team’s stockpile within the time limit. Just like in Skybound Sprint, you might need to play dirty to win!

Go head-to-head against others in various battle royale and team-based mini-games!

Get the details below.

■ Version 2.85 (Final Update) on January 24

Granblue Fantasy: Versus
  • Minor gameplay adjustments.
  • Adjustments for some characters.
  • Boss music from RPG Mode added to Music Select for standard matches.

Granblue Fantasy: Versus Blitz

• Granblue Fantasy: Versus Blitz planned to be held until June.
  • Boss Battle Time Attack event will conclude.

■ Major Tournament Announcement

Featuring a one million yen prize pool!

Corporate exhibition matches will be featured on stream alongside the finals, followed by a character announcement!

• Qualifier Round: February 11
  • Final Round: February 25

■ Event Support Items

The third set of Event Support prizes features an illustration of Vira as an acrylic stand and clear file!

Eligible as prizes for tournaments starting this February.

Granblue Fantasy: Versus is availabl

Edited by AriesWarlock