Stage Select

Street Fighter 6 Lounge: The FGC has a crack problem.

44 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

snip

Yeah I really hate this comparison because Kotal Khan is one of my favorite MK characters. Yes he jobs but he also has meaningful interactions with other characters in his setting and has an actual personality. He just suffers the same fate as characters like The Hulk and Worf where he’s strong but ends up being a measuring stick for more plot relevant characters. 

https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TheWorfEffect

Necalli is barely even a character. He has almost no background and no meaningful effect on the setting other than being a boss fight for 1 person. He’s basically an animal. 

I love Kotal everywhere else instead of the story. His moves are cool, Phil Lamarr does a great job of voicing him, and his design and backstory is great. It’s just that the writers cannot stop him from taking an L in whatever he does. They really went out of there to make a loser throughout the story. But at least if you take that part out, he’s still a pretty cool character.

Unlike Necali who got this…

…and this.

IMG_9113.jpg

14 hours ago, BornWinner said:

New commentator? That’s nice and all. I’m more happy we could hear more of the French stage. Probably my favorite song from the game so far.

Also here’s a gif of Manon’s command grab we haven’t seen yet.

IMG_9026.gif

Late opinion time: does an EX move really need the yellow coloring after it's grab lands? It just kinda hides the animation and the other person is long past the point of reacting to it. 

14 hours ago, Shakunetsu said:

Hi guys  what the difference and advantage?

any pros and cons using octogate lever compare to other lever? thanks guys

I'll not stand for this octo-slander.

Unless you play charge, of course.

Then you should stay in your corner.

29 minutes ago, BornWinner said:

and this.

IMG_9113.jpg

as soon they bring Akuma they started doing this, time to throw away the filler character lol

3 hours ago, Vhozite said:

Necalli is barely even a character. He has almost no background and no meaningful effect on the setting other than being a boss fight for 1 person. He’s basically an animal. 

Yeah, his meant to be forgotten anyway his inserted in a timeline between SF4 and SF3, then pitted against Ryu.

So obviously meant to be doomed and destroyed by the overall series main protagonist from the start regardless his hype position in the trailer.

Edited by Shakunetsu
7 hours ago, Vhozite said:

I thought necalli sucked until I made a video on why necalli sucks 

then that video got 150k views

so now I think necalli is pretty cool imo

14 hours ago, BornWinner said:

Just confused mostly because I don’t play Strive Ram in ranked.

eh..Hoes mad isbasically what sums up strive players at any point in time (including me based on the day).  The great thing about Strive is that it more or less put a big spotlight on how dumbfucky ASW gameplay is at a base level and now people can't handle it. "I can't believe ASW would make a character like" like what? Its all their games. Aint now way you can complain about Strive movesets and then go talk about how any of their previous games are better. They're all just as dumb.

There's people who talk about BBTag being less dumb than Strive. BRUH.

My thing now is telling people they got outplayed whenever they post a clip of Happy Chaos hoeing them in one way or another. Goddamn these fucking idiots are gonna come ot SF6 and complain that Ryu DPing them out of a jumping after throwing a fireball is broken.

"They should let you air block or parry in their"

This is why SRK had to die. Because if this was the shit coming in with '23 the bans would've been on sight.

1 minute ago, -PVL93- said:

Can you guys stop reminding me how much NRS completely shafted and fucked up BOTH Shao and Kotal in the current lore? 

I'm still disappointed that these are supposed to be EMPERORS OF OUTWORLD but they get bitch slapped, fooled and manipulated like they're just random scrubs 

F U C K

I'm still mad they turned Sindel into a treacherous gold digger. 

On 1/29/2023 at 4:15 AM, Dragonfave723 said:

SF6 appeared as part of a skit on SNL last night: https://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/video-game-session/NBCE067013803 

Sooooo it's pretty fair to state the marketing budget for this game is really high right? Like no matter how cringe anyone thinks this is they must have been planning this shit for a while. I wonder who the marketing director for this game is.

2 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

I have to say, you weren't the person I was expected to post that. 

Depending on what it is, I like passing along stuff others like. It may not necessarily be my bag but its fun to do.

Its kinda fun where Capcom is moving with female designs because they are...expanding the aesthetics of women for some men. Which is cool.  Lots of pretty women in the world that have all sorts of unique things to them. Beats the hell out of plain ass fan service that's low effort.

2 hours ago, TWINBLADES said:

Sooooo it's pretty fair to state the marketing budget for this game is really high right? Like no matter how cringe anyone thinks this is they must have been planning this shit for a while. I wonder who the marketing director for this game is.

all these big marketing pushes right now, gotta be planned out a long time in advance

almost like the game was originally supposed to be out in feb 🤔

8 minutes ago, ToreyBeans said:

what is it about the music for you?

So far some of them don't have strong melodies or good instrumentation. They're kinda weird in that sense.

If I asked you to sing one of the melodies (and this is kind of an issue with a lot of songs even in 5 too) you probably couldn't hum the main melodic line or even the start of some of the pieces.

Its weird.

Certainly respect where you're coming from on that. Honestly agree with you on the melodies not being that strong. I've read similar opinions to what you explained just as well. When I think about the SF2 themes they probably had the strongest melodies among all the SF games. Closest to that would be the Alpha games, the EX series and the SF3 series minus Third Strike. During the 35th Anniversary Concert, they literally had to add instrumentation to Urien's theme to make it more dynamic. It was good listening for sure!

(If anyone wants to listen to the concert I got the free 99 hook up. PM me if you're interested)

Maybe I'm weird but from memory, I know the melodies for several characters: Ryu, Guile, Ken, Blanka, Chun, Jamie, Luke, Kimberly, and Juri. Given enough listening, I'll know Honda's and Dhalsim's too. 

Humbly submitted, I know nearly all the SF character series themes with few exceptions. Just love the SF music in general! 😅 Street Fighter The Movie (Arcade version) is absolute trash and vomit unless you use the codes for the character themes.

29 minutes ago, ToreyBeans said:

I must know why - what is it about the music for you?

They just sound like regular music, not something that embodies a character personality and style. Its a track, not a theme.

That and they are all stylized in the same manner. Nothing about character themes should be samey, they should exist to fit the character and fuck everything else, there shouldn't be a style guide. I understand this is what they are going for, but its totally against what I like about SF music. When you think the classic themes Ryu's is nothing like Ken's, is nothing like Blanka's, is nothing like Zangiefs. Now everything is under the same umbrella and its boring as all get out.

1 hour ago, EvilCanadian said:

they are all stylized in the same manner.

They are and it seems like Terayama-san wanted to create some degree of cohesiveness for the soundtrack. There is some variation to some degree: Ryu's theme has hip hop and Japanese instrumentation throughout, whereas Ken's theme has more of an electronic edgy feel to it.

But yeah, are the tracks a bit samey? No doubt. The same thing could be said for SFA3's music. Heeeeeecka themes use the same kinda sounds and they're still good themes, but they definitely do not hold a candle to the SFA1 remixed music. The sound team should've produced tunes with real instrumentation for the other two games like they did for Alpha 1, but I digress...

Capcom is probably aware that they're not gonna please everyone with the new direction, and I think they'll likely have the classic mixes in game, probably as paid DLC.

Edited by ToreyBeans
On 1/29/2023 at 5:21 AM, Shakunetsu said:

Hi guys  what the difference and advantage?

any pros and cons using octogate lever compare to other lever? thanks guys

=====

An octogate is more precise, especially with the diagonals, but a square gate has a shorter throw. I've played extensively on both and I definitely prefer the latter (as do most people) even though my first arcade stick had an octogate.

SFxTekken has a lot of good music theme to be honest. I wish those were to be in SF4 or SF5 but nah. 

I Mean a LOT of music theme in SFxTekken was amazing while

SF4 indestructible as easily gone to obscurity to be forgotten.

SO what was SFV official music? lol

I just a general street fighter theme just like this ICONIC MK theme... 

wait wrong music theme

I mean this one HAHA

Heat Haze is one of my favorite new themes. OST like this that create intense feeling and adrenaline rush is something I missed in late 90s OST

I believe Capcom can still do it like in their other franchise like dmc...

but why cant they do it in Modern Street Fighter?

Edited by Shakunetsu

Considering getting a PS5 before SF6 launches, and I'm looking into PS4 fightstick compatibility. I read that "If it's an officially licensed PS4 stick it'll just work", but others seem less confident. Does anybody here know if it's that simple? It seems to get less clear with PS4 back compatibility games, legacy modes, and crap.

(I dunno if you're still here @Mattatsu(hope you're good if so!), I'd have asked you on Twitter hadn't I deleted my account there - can you shine any light on this pls?)

2 hours ago, JustBooming said:

Considering getting a PS5 before SF6 launches, and I'm looking into PS4 fightstick compatibility. I read that "If it's an officially licensed PS4 stick it'll just work", but others seem less confident. Does anybody here know if it's that simple? It seems to get less clear with PS4 back compatibility games, legacy modes, and crap.

(I dunno if you're still here @Mattatsu(hope you're good if so!), I'd have asked you on Twitter hadn't I deleted my account there - can you shine any light on this pls?)

I've used to have two PS4 sticks. A Hori RAP and a Qanba Obisdian. Both worked flawlessly. I gave the Hori away to someone that had their stick break. AFAIK they are still using it without issue.