Stage Select

Street Fighter 6 Lounge: The FGC has a crack problem.

5 hours ago, Sonero said:

There's a few games in this list that didn't make it either way though,

And the template for you guys:

image.png

And the only reason of being 86, is because the list lefts out a lot of games from every console generation I have owned/I own

Like all the Examu fgs outside Arcana Heart

Edited by Hecatom
6 hours ago, Hecatom said:

image.png

And the only reason of being 86, is because the list lefts out a lot of games from every console generation I have owned/I own

Like all the Examu fgs outside Arcana Heart

You've played a lot but I find it funny you've never played Smash Bros even if it is a party game. 

16 hours ago, Sonero said:

There's a few games in this list that didn't make it either way though,

And the template for you guys:

FobW5o_aIAAS3P0.thumb.png.daef3a5fbfa769d3c025112ac87f629e.png

No Karate Champ, no Psychic Force, no Destrega, no Bushido Blade, no Timekillers, no Pit-Fighter, no Yatagarasu (sob), no .. whatever that robot fighter on PC was (EDIT: One Must Fall). Most of the 2D era is just meme games...

What mid-schooler made this, it makes me angry just looking at it.  At least they had the decency to add Tobal No. 1 even if its was obviously an afterthought. 😠  Couple of 1-player games with 2-player-only fighting game modes I'd add to, including NES Trojan and Metal Warriors (SNES) 

Shoutout to Fighting Vipers and Weaponlord tho. 

Edited by Pair of Rooks
23 minutes ago, Sonero said:

the Dungeons and Dragons fighting game.

I remember the cover art to Iron & Blood: Warriors of Ravenloft and thought it was a shitty Doom clone. 

Great way to miss your demographic, Acclaim.  I absolutely would have played that shitty Toshinden clone.  I used to DM a Ravenloft campaign.

Edited by Pair of Rooks
14 hours ago, HeavensCloud said:

You've played a lot but I find it funny you've never played Smash Bros even if it is a party game. 

That is because I stopped having Nintendo consoles after the SNES.

I only had the handhelds and that was because my sister and later my nephew.

And most of all my cousins, even the younger ones also stopped having nintendo consoles around the same time.

The only cousins that had a nintendo console are a 14 and 19 years younger than me, so I didn't interact with them a lot until much later once they were teenagers.

The 1st console I had in years was the WiiU because I won one on a raffle after buying a Vita, and only had Bayo1 and 2 on it (that i bought), plus the games they gave with it (not smash in the list)

Now that I got a Switch, I only had Bayo 1, 2 & 3, Astral Chain, BotW and Pokemon in there.

TBH, at best I played a smash game, dunnno what game, at least 2 times, but I don't count that because I didn't learn the character, mechanics nothing, so is the same as not have played it imo, unlike the other games where I learned at least a char and the game mechanics.

Plus that list lefts out a lot of games I played, like all the Examu games outside AH, many NeoGeo games, a lot of PS1 exclussives that were popular back in the day, etc.

It was very common for many here to learn multiple games because at times, the queues in arcades for the games you wanted to play were so long that in the meantime you were waiting on another machine, and since plenty of the neogeo arcades had more than 1 game on it, you could play a good selection of fgs back thern.

Edited by Hecatom

I forgot to grade mine lol.

9 hours ago, Pair of Rooks said:

No Karate Champ, no Psychic Force, no Destrega, no Bushido Blade, no Timekillers, no Pit-Fighter, no Yatagarasu (sob), no .. whatever that robot fighter on PC was (EDIT: One Must Fall). Most of the 2D era is just meme games...

No Wu-tang, no Fantasy Strike, no super DBZ, no Neo Geo battle colosseum, no Capcom fighting evolution, no TMNT smash up, no Arms, no virtual on

9 hours ago, Pair of Rooks said:

whatever that robot fighter on PC was (EDIT: One Must Fall).

Zero Divide?

If so, that game had a sequel on PS1 and PC that I just found out about last year, lol

I never knew the game had a console port (exclussive to europe)

2 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

I almost didn't check Kaiser Knuckle. I played it but it was called Global Champion. Ah the good old days when they'd completely change a game's title during localization.

Tell me.

The Ranma 1/2 fg was not only localized with a different name on this side of the pond, but had all the sprites changed, but mechanically was the same game, lol

Edited by Hecatom
14 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

Tell me.

The Ranma 1/2 fg was not only localized with a different name on this side of the pond, but had all the sprites changed, but mechanically was the same game, lol

I actually rented that game. Thankfully the second Ranma 1/2 fighting game was actually Ranma 1/2 in the states.

Edit: @HawkingbirdNeo Geo Battle Coliseum is listed. It's in the forth column.

Edited by Darc_Requiem
2 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

Rising Thunder is missing too. I remember a lot of guys playing it on release.

I just remembered that is also missing all the poverty/doujin games that were quite popular in pc

Big Bang Beat, Hinokakera, Million Knights Vermillion, Nettou Jakuniku Gakuen, Angels of Battle, Monster,Dogma, Queen of Hearts, Fatal Fake, Eternal Fighter Zero, Wonderful World,  Vanguard Princess, Super Cosplay Robots War, Umineko, Immaterian and Missing Power, the "boxing" fg made by type moon edit Glove on Fight 2: Gleam of Force was the name etc, etc

A quick glance on Mizuumi would have been enough, lol

https://wiki.gbl.gg/

Edit

Shit, does the list have any Matrimelee

Edited by Hecatom
14 minutes ago, TWINBLADES said:

I only got 26. I didn't really start playing fighting games till Soul Calibur 2/CVS2 came out and that was back in like 2003. I only owned a Game Cube so my real fighting game era didn't start till 2016. There's also a few titles missing her like X-Men Vs Street Fighter and the EX series.

I wonder if the maker of the list considers the Xmen vs SF games as part of the MVC series.

Some people do.

Some even consider CotA as part of the MVC series.

4 hours ago, Hecatom said:

I wonder if the maker of the list considers the Xmen vs SF games as part of the MVC series.

Some people do.

Some even consider CotA as part of the MVC series.

I would consider CotA part of the MVC series. It's similar enough to the others games to be a part of Marvel. Shoot looks like he's referring to whole series in general, instead of specific sequel games.