Stage Select

Street Fighter 6 Lounge: The FGC has a crack problem.

46 minutes ago, TWINBLADES said:

One of the things I've come to realize when training in SFV is the sheer breadth of knowledge checks I have to over come for every minute interaction in the game. It's mentally fucking taxing especially when I have to commit to memory a unique situation for a character I encounter 1 ever 50 matches. I was talking to my friend about my goal of reaching master during our sets and he told me I shouldn't be so hung up on reaching such a lofty goal like that and focus on the smaller goals leading up to it so I don't crash and burn. I think I'm gonna take that advice to heart. I feel like some people have a good sense of spacing and patients that runs into the face of my playstyle which is largely inconsistent. I ran into Nephew last night and he decimated me in the mirror match. It frustrated me but I took that frustration and picked over the replays in hopes of learning something. Self teaching yourself is really hard but I feel like allot of the more seasoned players don't really have the time to coach people like that so it's up to me to really hone in on my weakness. I have to learn to love the process and not just the W's. I've been in training mode more often lately and watching way more replays of my losses and even my wins. My goal this month is to try an finally break my 20500 curse and at least stay in the 22000 range. 

Yeah this is post is long and gay but I don't have anywhere else to vent so humph 😤

You forgot something fam :tldr:

Holy fuck are people up in their feelings about Nina using guns in Tekken 8

this is the game that has fighting pandas, bears, kangaroos, velociraptors, demon people with eye lazers, robot girls who fight with chainsaws and her head falls off, and plenty of other weapon users, let alone the bullshit the guests bring in

fucken get over yourselves, if you thought this shit was serious you picked the wrong fucking game, go to VF instead

26 minutes ago, EvilCanadian said:

Holy fuck are people up in their feelings about Nina using guns in Tekken 8

this is the game that has fighting pandas, bears, kangaroos, velociraptors, demon people with eye lazers, robot girls who fight with chainsaws and her head falls off, and plenty of other weapon users, let alone the bullshit the guests bring in

fucken get over yourselves, if you thought this shit was serious you picked the wrong fucking game, go to VF instead

I think a lot of that stems from Aris's comments about the game.  He doesn't like the guns, explosions, focus on offense with nothing shown about defensive options.  He obviously knows that sidestep is in the game but people take it as literal fact when he complains about something when he's usually half joking.  

30 minutes ago, BornWinner said:

Tekken fans just really hate when they do something new for once. Just last week I was seeing scores of people call Nina’s moveset boring for a legacy character and out of place for an assassin. Now she actually has moves befitting her background and that’s out of place. Mind you, this is the same series that has Yoshimitsu slicing up people for 28 years now.

Man thankfully this will all be over come Evo Japan

Virtua Fighter 6 gets announced, and VF finally kills tekken once and for all, the superior franchise reclaims its throne.

42 minutes ago, elliephil said:

I'm not really a fan of the guns either but it's whatever. I'm more so curious what other new moves they are going to add to the cast. Projectiles seem like a thing you see mostly in 2d fighters.

With how Nina looks in her trailer, it’s less like a regular projectile and more like an extension. She is only ever shooting during a string or at the end of it. It doesn’t look like she can just fire whenever.

4 minutes ago, -PVL93- said:

to be fair it's not entirely unjustified. Half the female roster in Tekken is pushing 40 but have the appearances of 18 year olds, as if Tekken team refuses to model characters that actually look their age

The fact that Nina and Anna are actually well into their 40s but remain in their mid 20's cause they cryo sleep inbetween games  so you don't have to have an older lady has always been ridiculous.

Just now, -PVL93- said:

to be fair it's not entirely unjustified. Half the female roster in Tekken is pushing 40 but have the appearances of 18 year olds, as if Tekken team refuses to model characters that actually look their age

The only female characters pushing 40 are the Williams sisters and they got cryostasis to thank for still looking in their 20s. Keep in mind that after Tekken 3 the timeline of the series hasn't progressed much. T4 one year after T3. T5 happens two months after T4. T6 three years after T5 and T7 immediately after T6. Not enough time here for any the adult woman to be a grandma.

It's not like the guys look their actual age. Does Kazuya and Lee look 50 to you?

1 minute ago, Darc_Requiem said:

They literally put Nina in cryogenic sleep between Tekken 2 and 3 so she wouldn't age 🤣

YOU STOLE THE THING I WROTE BEFORE I WROTE IT

far as I can tell the only female character in all of fighting games they let get older and look her age was Sonya in MKX

and then they basically de-aged her in mk11 so blep blep blep

2 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

What about replacing Kunimitsu with her kid?

even though its obviously in the guise of not having someone looking older than 25, you can still argue it away as its a "new" character.

But yeah fighting games are absolutely allergic to any woman older than 30, men can be of all shapes, sizes and ages, women not so much.

Off the top of my head women who look older than 30 in fighters are MKX Sonya, MK11 Sindel and... running empty after that. (and no im not gonna count like those 2 games from 30 years ago)

Edited by EvilCanadian
13 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

T4 one year after T3. T5 happens two months after T4. T6 three years after T5 and T7 immediately after T6.

Slight correction, Tekken 4 - Tekken 7 all took place in a year. The last time the series had a meaningful time passage was the two years between Tekken 3 and Tekken 4. Everything after has been happening in a hilariously short amount of time.

On the subject, Tekken 8 Jun would be the only playable female character older than 30 being 43 given the timeline and her age in Tekken 2. Even before her disappearance from the series, she was 37 when the Ogre nation attacked.

aging fighting game characters is really a bad idea. when you visually age one character to be noticable the other characters are obliged to be age to in a way. it might work ignoring the other characfer but when this is a constant pracfice it would happen sooner or later as a visual conflict.

the funny part is when someone is obsessing so much on aging characters while saying they dont care about the story and they are all game play only shows that person has conflicting interest.

Edited by Shakunetsu
11 minutes ago, TWINBLADES said:

I just don't understand this mentality lol

Not gonna throw a hissy fit about them if they are in a game, but I think they are lame and prefer fist to fist imagery, just like I expect Donnie Yen to not pull out a gun on a Wing Chun movie.

I don't understand why you like femboys!

Edited by AriesWarlock

That's too bad, gun character archtypes are weirdly one of my favorite ones in fighting games. Mainly because there are a lot of cool ways you can work a gun into a character's movelist for a fighter. 

You can do gunkata style like Noel in BlazBlue, a full blown artillery character like Chris in MvC3 or even just someone who uses a gun for extra flair like Wesker or Cassie Cage... honestly a gun is just another cool weapon a fighting game character can whip out, no weirder than a staff a sword or weaponized coffin containing extradimensional entities imo.

18 minutes ago, Sonero said:

That but its also one of the underlying reasons why arcades are dying: the big demographic problems Japan has. Planet is gonna be really fucking goofy in the coming decades.

What like a declining birth rate? Isn’t that common in all 1st world countries?