Stage Select

Street Fighter 6 Lounge: The FGC has a crack problem.

27 minutes ago, Pair of Rooks said:

anyone else playing the samsho alpha?  

I'm not. 

I mean it's on and I'm mid-match. 

But i'm not playing it. 

For going on 30 full seconds now. 

*sigh* 

I have it on console so no. But it doesn't sound like I'm missing much.

I'm enjoying the twitter clips though.

Edited by HeavensCloud
6 hours ago, Pair of Rooks said:

For 3s only, 3SOE was preferred over 30th because of some super niche glitches or timing issues or something. I forgot them because they didn't seem relevant.   But if you want more than just 3s and you ain't a weird arcade hyper-purist then 30th's online is about as good as anything capcom puts out. 

OE had some really bad scaling glitches compared to 30th. Yun command grab and genei jin didn't scale properly. Iron Galaxy essentially rebuilt the game. Compared to 30th that is basically an emulator.

I do keep hearing about timing differences compared to something like fightcade which I mean, sure. I do play at an arcade every once and a while and I always feel like I have to slow down but I'm not sure if that has to do with hardware.

17 hours ago, Sonero said:

or you know, that Alex got hella buffs that are good.

After every Gief main abandoned him, Kichipa kept playing him. There have been better options for years now. He made it work with Gief anyway. This nothing to do with Alex and everything to do with them dismantling Gief. If were about character strength, he would of hopped on the Abigail train, like most Gief mains, before he got nerfed. Gief has been nerfed to point that last hold out gave up.

Edited by Darc_Requiem
8 hours ago, Sonero said:

Didn't Problem X start playing Alex? Pretty sure Alex is strong on his own right.

Problem X has always played Alex. He's played him since season 1. He just rarely broke him out in tournament settings because he frankly wasn't very good.  Whenever they'd review the patches for WInnerStaysOn. They'd always go to Problem X on any changes to Alex. However that's beside the point. I'm not disputing how strong Alex is currently. This is about how bad Gief is. Kichipa isn't using Alex because he's strong. He's using Alex because Gief is absolutely terrible. If it were character strength issue, he would dropped Gief for Abigail, like most Gief mains, when that character was running wild prior to being nerfed. However GIef was still viable. 

Edited by Darc_Requiem

I feel like big body defenders are gonna have to cope with grapplers being dog shit at the highest level and just main hybrid characters. The constant moaning about how my throw man of choice sucks in X game is fucking stale. Not saying Kichipa was doing any of that but grapplers have the most polarizing MU spreads in any fighting game ever. And When grapplers run wild we get shit like Season 3 Aby or Calamity Trigger Tager. No one like fighting that shit. Call me a scrub I don't give a shit. Name me one game where a grappler was top tier in it's entire life span and I'll tell you how long that game lasted competitively lmao

Just thinking about all the bullshit grappler mains in DNF where the fucker had a frame 1 suction super, plus on block suction normals and retarded looping oki off one fucking knockdown but DUUUUUR he has to work to get in HUUUUUUUUR.

16 hours ago, Pair of Rooks said:

anyone else playing the samsho alpha?  

I'm not. 

I mean it's on and I'm mid-match. 

But i'm not playing it. 

For going on 30 full seconds now. 

*sigh* 

So you get soft locked too? That's my most persistent problem with the alpha. Be it midmatch or the rematch screen. That bit of lag that always happens at the start of the round

1 hour ago, Flackaveli said:

A whole week of SF5 ngl this shit has been snooze. 

The LCQ was better and arguably had a better quality field.  Just a result of COVID and the regional restrictions the way they were this year.  Round robin tournaments are just not as hype as regular brackets.  Still hoping we don't get a Luke mirror for Grand Finals lol.  

Edited by HeavensCloud
Just now, Sonero said:

Long supers are only cool when they are rare and special. Too bad NRS makes everything inorganically long every time. Even some of their throw animations feel like they take too long.

Tell me.

Outside the FB of Jax, the rest feel like they go for like 3 or 4 attacks more than needed.

The fact that they are free at the end of the round only makes it even more obnoxious, since you see them almost every single match.

For all the jank that MK9 was, it is still, imo, the best MK from the NRS era.

MKX is good, but MK9 felt the best to play.

Edited by Hecatom

SF has had a few regular throws that feel way off too. I'd have to load up SF5 to nitpick at the ones I didn't like.

Almost any time there's a weird unnatural pause in a move things are bound to feel dumb; I hate to pile on MK games for this but holy shit are the full of that stuff. Dude gets shot 20 times, has a pineapple shoved up his ass and then....your character casually walks behind me and breaks their neck before they go back into position to continue the fight after the command grab they just landed.

Doesn't help that a lot of the supers in MK11 might as well be fatalities with the amount of gore that's being inflicted.

20 hours ago, Dragonfave723 said:

Capcom Cup T-Shirts for attendees:

xFBunRE.jpg

seeing them all together would make me remember sfv as likely the only sf fg game they will be playable together.

i dont expect another all star sf bosses in future sf FG games

Edited by Shakunetsu
13 hours ago, Flackaveli said:

A whole week of SF5 ngl this shit has been snooze. 

Naw fuck you man these games have been fucking great. You must not know any of these players because there's so much going on here. Brian F/Broski with the Oro hope. Jimmy going from online warrior losing to spam Kens to being at Capcom Cup for the first time. Punk losing the Cody mirror. Zhen surpassing the player he literally idolized. Ending Walker straight cumpstering that Cammy player. Mono vs Zhen. Sorry but these matches have been fucking awesome.

2 hours ago, TWINBLADES said:

Naw fuck you man these games have been fucking great. You must not know any of these players because there's so much going on here. Brian F/Broski with the Oro hope. Jimmy going from online warrior losing to spam Kens to being at Capcom Cup for the first time. Punk losing the Cody mirror. Zhen surpassing the player he literally idolized. Ending Walker straight cumpstering that Cammy player. Mono vs Zhen. Sorry but these matches have been fucking awesome.

My only real complaint, besides all the damned ad breaks, is the shit starts streaming when I'm still at work. I'm trying to watch matches on the low, so I end up missing shit. Yet I manage to catch every Street Fighter Soon: TIME TO FRRRRYYYYY ad. 😑