Stage Select

Street Fighter 6 Lounge: The FGC has a crack problem.

This crypto fg so far has an aesthetic than the rest like the whacky wolves and ape fight club, that are now dead projects

kinda have a the look and theme of punch planet, metal revolution and fight of gods 

but when did SC has no combos? haha

It doesn't even looks like it plays anywhere of the two. this people does not really care of the gameplay or has no clear vision of their direction other than throwing fgc terms to captivate normies, It's likely the backend might be using a flipped FG engine already made template thus having those issue in animation that they considered changing what they initial thought as supposed gameplay.

In other stuff on the internet

MegaDrive/Genesis Real Bout port

I've been on and off through the years but I definitely stopped playing sometime last year when I got to Diamond, because like some others have said at the point the matchmaking starts failing miserably and I don't want to spend my evenings getting stomped by pro players and Warlords or whatever those upper titles are.

I will say though that I probably would have quit earlier if they hadn't added Rose, because I was a bit tired of my other characters at that point and the one I was learning, Lucia, was still poop back then.

I've also stopped my PS+ subscription because I don't really play anything else online so I'm really in waiting mode for SF6 now.

On 1/9/2023 at 4:16 PM, TWINBLADES said:

Can everyone give their reason for why they stopped playing V? I used to have all you guys and other people in my list of favorites but almost no of them were ever online. Made it seem like the game was dead. 

Boring - Takes very few liberties with doing anything interesting. Everything in SFV had been done in previous games that had done it better.

Not fun - Every character was designed to play a very certain way. The ceiling was very low for player expression. It feels like every single interaction was formulated on a white-board via flow chart.

Frustrating - Online matchmaking simply did not work most of the time. To be quite honest, it wasn't the Street Fighter game I thought it would be. It wasn't for me.

2 hours ago, elliephil said:

Explain?

When I hear "player expression" I hear "lots of suboptimal stuff to do".  And movement.

-----

SFV came out at the same time I became a dad, so I didn't play it at all. By the time my life opened up a little, Strive dropped.  I followed SFV and even dipped my toes in late, but the netcode was a mediocre experience at best.

51 minutes ago, Pair of Rooks said:

When I hear "player expression" I hear "lots of suboptimal stuff to do".  And movement.

Sure that's a part of it. However, in previous entries you could tell each player had their own style of playing the same characters which I felt was absent in SFV. It streamlines the process and focuses more on some meta aspects but it definitely isn't fun to me, especially in a game where crush counter and v-trigger exists.

13 minutes ago, elliephil said:

Sure that's a part of it. However, in previous entries you could tell each player had their own style of playing the same characters which I felt was absent in SFV. It streamlines the process and focuses more on some meta aspects but it definitely isn't fun to me, especially in a game where crush counter and v-trigger exists.

SF4 is perhaps even more flawed than SF5 and yet somehow is more fun.  I could play it for hours without getting burnt out.  In V, I have diminishing returns after playing for more than an hour.  That could be because I'm older, but I've also heard the same from other players younger than me.  

I really hope in SF6 we get back to having individual player expression.  "oh this guy's Kimberly plays like this and this one does this so well...".  etc.  

6 minutes ago, HeavensCloud said:

SF4 is perhaps even more flawed than SF5 and yet somehow is more fun.  I could play it for hours without getting burnt out.  In V, I have diminishing returns after playing for more than an hour.  That could be because I'm older, but I've also heard the same from other players younger than me.  

I really hope in SF6 we get back to having individual player expression.  "oh this guy's Kimberly plays like this and this one does this so well...".  etc.  

Yes, I agree entirely with what you said here. It looks like SF6 is up to something with the new resource bar. I've seen some optimal things within that system and full resource dump that only does maybe 35% of a health bar at most. I know there will obviously be optimal tech, but I feel like it makes more playstyles viable.

4 hours ago, elliephil said:

Explain?

Player expression, in practical terms, means a character having enough tools that you can pick and choose which ones you want to use. A lot of playstyle stuff sort of boils down to each person's preference of tools and how they go about it.

So you don't really need a game to be "expressive". That's not shit you can quantify all that much. What you can do is give characters enough goodish tools to feel like they are choosing the ones they like best. Its like a weird slight of hand.

We'll eventually optimize characters so the higher you go, the narrower things get. In ST the tools aren't that varied from player to player but implementation is massive. Some characters have multiple good tools and then you can kinda see some difference between players. With SF5 though, they set about streamlining tools and how you could play characters. That initial portion where we figure out what's most efficient got taken out and people were dumped at the near end of sorting tools out. That's why the game feels bleh, because outside of a few characters, people at the mid tier are doing the same as the top tier.

Kinda funny that Strive sort of doesn't have this problem even with as much as they've streamlined. There's still enough with a chunk of characters that can let you differentiate form others.

1 hour ago, Pair of Rooks said:

-----

Expression just leading to suboptimal results is literally what actually happens in games where it’s weak. In games where player expression is strong you can get different results **that are actually worth going for**  when you do something other than the typical path. 

For example you might do a traditional combo path that leads to 300 damage, but there might be a path where you build much more stun, a path for more meter, more oki, etc. Another example, you have character X and player 1 might play them in a heavy zoning style while player 2 plays them as a rush down character.

SFV has dog shit player expression because situations like the examples above generally don’t exist, and in some cases where they do they are literally removed from the game. You have your easy optimal combo path and maybe 1 other where you give up a couple jabs damage to get better oki, and that’s it. If you have characters that are piloted in unintended ways Capcom would literally hit them in the patch notes.

I don’t know how you can play Strive, a game where Roman Cancels alone allow loads of player freedom, and then turn around and say player expression is only about suboptimal options. 

RC is mighty nice but you're only expressing with it once or twice a round, and 9 times out of 10 its red RC.  Yeah it's a great system, even if it's actually like 3 or 4 different systems sharing the same name and animation. 

With Strive I'd say its more because any hit vs airborne lets you hit them again any way you want, with gravity scaling to kill infinites, and you can also sometimes transition A2A hits into a ground combo.  This is so much better than the super-rigid juggle points system that like every SF uses since ST.  More visible and easily understandable too.  With the airdashes, double jumps, air blocking, air gatlings, air RCs, and even air gold bursts all of which SF doesn't have, choosing to go airborne doesn't feel like such a dangerous commitment or that you've lost all your tools except a very few normals.  That opens up more mobility, and hence, more incidental hits from various angles and relative positionings that aren't exactly the same from case to case, and can tax one's ability to convert into something meaningful because of slight differences. 

Sometimes even a simple thing like more active frames especially on hitboxes that don't exactly overlap can improve variance, such as the 3 sets of hitboxes on early / mid / late Gio/Ky cartwheel or most Behemoth Typhoons.  

Edited by Pair of Rooks
11 hours ago, Pair of Rooks said:

RC is mighty nice but you're only expressing with it once or twice a round, and 9 times out of 10 its red RC.  Yeah it's a great system, even if it's actually like 3 or 4 different systems sharing the same name and animation. 

With Strive I'd say its more because any hit vs airborne lets you hit them again any way you want, with gravity scaling to kill infinites, and you can also sometimes transition A2A hits into a ground combo.  This is so much better than the super-rigid juggle points system that like every SF uses since ST.  More visible and easily understandable too.  With the airdashes, double jumps, air blocking, air gatlings, air RCs, and even air gold bursts all of which SF doesn't have, choosing to go airborne doesn't feel like such a dangerous commitment or that you've lost all your tools except a very few normals.  That opens up more mobility, and hence, more incidental hits from various angles and relative positionings that aren't exactly the same from case to case, and can tax one's ability to convert into something meaningful because of slight differences. 

Sometimes even a simple thing like more active frames especially on hitboxes that don't exactly overlap can improve variance, such as the 3 sets of hitboxes on early / mid / late Gio/Ky cartwheel or most Behemoth Typhoons.  

you needa run the set with sonero he'll show you what he means by player expression in strive

(he means stunting with brc overheads)

3 hours ago, Chun-Li_Forever said:

I love seeing the fools at r/StreetFighter bickering about upvotes in fan art vs gameplay/mechanics.

Fox Tv Fire GIF by Bob's Burgers

It's mostly because the sub is coomer vs anti coomer. That's why SF art is tagged as NSFW because god help Nelson if his boss catches him looking at a pic of Mika while on the job. 

Okay so now that we know that everyone here doesn't fuck with SFV because they lack loyalty what makes you guys wanna play SF6? Are you gonna stick with it longer than V or is it gonna be flavor of the month and then back to Apex Legends?

Edited by TWINBLADES
1 hour ago, Chun-Li_Forever said:

I love seeing the fools at r/StreetFighter bickering about upvotes in fan art vs gameplay/mechanics.

Fox Tv Fire GIF by Bob's Burgers

Because the sub is fucking worthless now, and has been for years. There's basically no discussion taking place about the series in general, not even V or 6 speficially, unless a big sticky post with the latest trailer is made 

Everything else is fanart upon fanart upon fanart. It was completely different back when the game launched and I remember even making almost weekly discussion threads about shit, as well as doing extensive season coverage for CPT 2016-2018, not to mention the EVO and Capcom Cup periods 

Just fucking sad to see 

3 hours ago, TWINBLADES said:

Okay so now that we know that everyone here doesn't fuck with SFV because they lack loyalty what makes you guys wanna play SF6? Are you gonna stick with it longer than V or is it gonna be flavor of the month and then back to Apex Legends?

I can’t determine this until I play it. 

That being said, I still have more hours and money spent in Street Fighter than any other franchise. The only games I have even close to Street Fighter hours are Skyrim and Pokémon Platinum. So no matter what I’ll likely end up playing it more than anything else. If people here play it bare minimum I’ll give it time just to hang. 

19 minutes ago, Phantom_Miria said:

I don't see what's wrong with it. He already plays DBFZ, so how is fucking a dog going to worsen his situation in any meaningful matter?

Unless I misunderstood, the dog fucker is female. I was confounded by the whole thing so my comprehension of the situation maybe way off. 

On 1/10/2023 at 5:46 PM, TWINBLADES said:

God damn every one of you is fucking weak! SRK died for this wtf!?

L @BornWinner

L @Sonero

L @Darc_Requiem

@Phantom_Miria

L @Hawkingbird

L @Volt

L @Shahenzan

L @Jocelot

I'm literally the last Capcom solider unironically. When I make it to master I'm lording it over all you quitters.

MUH NETCODE MUH RANK MUH REAL FOOOTSIES 

I better not catch one of you niggas playing SF6. If I so much as see a steam tab open I'm circling the block in this bich

spacer.png

Bitch, you better start praying my PC don't run this shit or I'mma show you what a Brazilian Ken can really do. 🤣

5 hours ago, TWINBLADES said:

Wait what?  Loyalty to what?

I play all sorts of fighting games.

I played SFV for a solid year before coming to the decision I don't like it very much.  I don't play it because I don't like it.  Simple as that.

5 hours ago, TWINBLADES said:

what makes you guys wanna play SF6?

Are you gonna stick with it longer than V or is it gonna be flavor of the month and then back to Apex Legends?

It seems like it might be a good/fun game and they seem to be putting in substantial effort into features that matter to me (netplay)

No idea, depends on a lot of things but it has a way better shot of keeping my attention in general than other games lol. Its competition is melty (which i like a lot but has a dogshit pc port and other issues) and strive (which i also like but don't feel a burning need to grind). If uni 2 drops that also probably claims my loyalty over anything else

1 hour ago, Shahenzan said:

It seems like it might be a good/fun game and they seem to be putting in substantial effort into features that matter to me (netplay)

No idea, depends on a lot of things but it has a way better shot of keeping my attention in general than other games lol. Its competition is melty (which i like a lot but has a dogshit pc port and other issues) and strive (which i also like but don't feel a burning need to grind). If uni 2 drops that also probably claims my loyalty over anything else

literal restroom fighting game stan... you can make this shit up

For me, SFV has went from being a game I'd play every day to being a game I play once or twice a week.

I'm playing all sorts of other games nowadays. It's not because I 

I got a lot of enjoyment out of SFV. I've done pretty much everything I wanted to do and more.

But I'm ready to go all in on SF6.

New salt to generate. New tech to develop. Nights of getting my ass whooped. Doing a little better the next night. Complaining on here about why my Cammy is ass.

A brand new beginning.

Looking forward to immersing myself in SF6.