Stage Select

Street Fighter 6 Lounge: The FGC has a crack problem.

4 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

When I started using my name most people assumed I was a girl. During the days I played Rainbow Six Vegas I had guys try to hit on me thinking I was female 😂. Though that doesn't happen anymore.  As of late I've been dropping the bird part of my name. 

It's happened to me as well lol. Happened a lot on ggpo and early fightcade.

The tag I used before got me called a bunch of slurs (although that's just xbox live) and this tag has people breathing down my neck thinking they are going to get pussy or have a new target for a hate crime. Just let me liiiiiiveeeeee, why did my parents have to give me unisex names lol

byuntear-baby-cry.gif

20 hours ago, Sonero said:

Things have gotten extra weird in the FGC tbh. If anime wasn't weird, now its weird + gender issues levels of weird. Its kinda crazy. Although these Street Fighter motherfuckers are on some other shit right :

I know which white music I'm gonna recommend him on his timeline!!!

5 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

You know, I'm surprised Sony hasn't brought back PlayStation home for VR. It could make for a decent rival to VRchat.

I've been waiting for Home's return for an entire PS4 generation with zero concrete news, just rumors. That era has come and gone. Now we're in ps5's 3rd year and still not even a hint 

At this point I'm convinced Sony just forgot the project ever existed, which is a huge shame. I loved Home, chatting with random people, visiting new spaces, I even had quite a bunch of freely obtainable personal apartments as well as a ton of free items you could win in the mini games, events and sometimes just by logging in 

Xi, Salt Shooter and Audi e-Tron Challenge were my favourites there 

Now the only way you can get to home is through hacked consoles and community driven servers, or cheap alternatives like Atom Universe and Nebula Realms 

It's a huge shame 

1 hour ago, -PVL93- said:

I've been waiting for Home's return for an entire PS4 generation with zero concrete news, just rumors. That era has come and gone. Now we're in ps5's 3rd year and still not even a hint 

At this point I'm convinced Sony just forgot the project ever existed, which is a huge shame. I loved Home, chatting with random people, visiting new spaces, I even had quite a bunch of freely obtainable personal apartments as well as a ton of free items you could win in the mini games, events and sometimes just by logging in 

Xi, Salt Shooter and Audi e-Tron Challenge were my favourites there 

Now the only way you can get to home is through hacked consoles and community driven servers, or cheap alternatives like Atom Universe and Nebula Realms 

It's a huge shame 

I remember the big hubbub when the WiiU's MiiVerse was shutting down. My one year old thought the little people in that thing were hilarious and would play with the touchscreen and menus for hours. 

EDIT maybe Kimberly has the right idea, this thing looks sweet 

https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2023/01/new-sony-walkman-music-players-feature-stunning-good-looks-android-12/

Edited by Pair of Rooks
On 1/14/2023 at 11:48 AM, Sonero said:

Things have gotten extra weird in the FGC tbh. If anime wasn't weird, now its weird + gender issues levels of weird. Its kinda crazy. Although these Street Fighter motherfuckers are on some other shit right :

You know, in SRK we would've had the decency to flame this level of stupidity into the stratosphere. Can you imagine letting the whole planet your this much of a fucking idiot?

People who wanna turn themselves into celebrities are so goddamned corny.

I 100% agree with ROB calling Rage white music because people wanna pretend like what he's saying is controversial. Obviously other people besides white people listen to Rage and obviously HipHop played a large roll in Rage being what they are today but the overwhelming majority of people in the west who the listen to Rage are not black. Black kids don't grow up saying Rage is the goat. We have no issue calling HipHop black music I see absolutely no reason why a black guy calling shit like dad rock or screamo white music gets people so up in arms unless they're trying soy out and virtue signal. This controversy should have never been a thing.

The dumb shit with Rob didn't start with RATM. It started with calling some random Panic At the Disco song the "Dopest white people song ever written". Which is beyond fucking stupid. Because if any other minority had the audacity to say some shit like that about any random song by a black artist, he'd have a train of canceling going after his ass.

So ignoring the situation with RATM, or the fact that RobTV apparently knew fuck all about Rock's origins in Blues, the dude was well beyond fucking stupid from the jump. I'm not even gonna unpack the layers of cultural fuckery involved in half the stuff you mentioned. Just gonna sit here and wait for RobTV to call The Bad Brains a "White people music" band.

2 hours ago, TWINBLADES said:

I 100% agree with ROB calling Rage white music because people wanna pretend like what he's saying is controversial. Obviously other people besides white people listen to Rage and obviously HipHop played a large roll in Rage being what they are today but the overwhelming majority of people in the west who the listen to Rage are not black. Black kids don't grow up saying Rage is the goat. We have no issue calling HipHop black music I see absolutely no reason why a black guy calling shit like dad rock or screamo white music gets people so up in arms unless they're trying soy out and virtue signal. This controversy should have never been a thing.

I don't understand what makes something white music at this point in this argument. Is it the demographics of who listens to it? The origins? The content of the compositions? By any of these three barometers, these all expose the flaws in calling a band like RATM "white music", especially in the context of North America.

I've already did it in the general discussion thread, but I wanted to do it here as well.

If you're into traditional survival horror games like the old school Resident Evil or Silent Hill ones you really should pick up Signalis because it's damn good and totally blew me away. Also, it has robot waifus.

spacer.png

(sauce: https://twitter.com/chef033/status/1614486553341968385)

Also, believe it or not, a certain Falke makes an appearance in that game.

If I had a penny for every time I found a German chick dressed in naziesque clothes who fights with pointy sticks imbued in psychic energy and is called after the German word for Falcon in a video game I'd have exactly two pennies, which is not a lot but it's weird that it happened twice.

8 hours ago, Sonero said:

Mexican ST players advertising their stream:

325775140_1572931933132598_4330298495728

😂

@misterBeeI'm sorry bro, as much as I like your art, this one is a LOT better.

3 hours ago, Jocelot said:

Why is it that FGC based eSports sponsorships feel like they're on "borrowed time" compared to other games?

I know we don't got billion dollar annual budgets but c'mon. 

Because FGC is broke as shit? Because instead of working on their game they're messing around on Twitter? And that's not even talking about the obvious things like how DP motions get the average fool acting like you're prime Sako.

2 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

When fighting a grappler IRL

That's some clean ass whiff punishing. 😭