Stage Select

Street Fighter 6 Lounge: The FGC has a crack problem.

Just now, ToreyBeans said:

No money will be spent in the game

You'll just reach a point at which the progression will take too long or just straight up stop because the opponents are too tough without pulling and you know pvp is going to be infested by whales with every single character maxed out 

Purely PVE gachas at least might be just a little annoying to grind but won't make you lose your mind against other players (see - Diablo Immortal) 

51 minutes ago, HeavensCloud said:

Tokido made top 8 at EVO in Tekken 6.  Guy is just a God of fighting games in general.  

I wish Toki played multiple FGs at a pro level again like he did a decade ago. His EVO runs in SFIV and KOF13 were legendary. I don't think he ever touched 14 competitively and 15...well, EX Iori doesn't exist in that game so no top tiers to abuse lmao

hopefully he delves into Tekken tournaments at least now that SFV CPT ended and he basically got nothing to play at a serious level until 6 is out

25 minutes ago, HeavensCloud said:

potentially Tekken 8

T8 is 100% a 2024 release, no chance it comes out this year. Otherwise it'd be at EVO and in TWT for the 2023 season

24 minutes ago, Daemos said:

Why must you destroy my Bison dreams?

I'm saving you from the gacha hell and this is how you thank me smh

10 minutes ago, -PVL93- said:

T8 is 100% a 2024 release, no chance it comes out this year. Otherwise it'd be at EVO and in TWT for the 2023 season

Yeah there's no release date I suppose it's probably 2024.  Might be some betas this year at least.  Not that I'm interested in Tekken anyway lol....

11 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

was worried SF:Duel would be like KOF Allstars

I'd probably play KOFAS if I had a larger screen device or some sort of a gamepad (attachment), I'm not really a fan of action-y games on smartphones and in landscape. Can't see shit and my fingers cover half the screen

6 minutes ago, HeavensCloud said:

Might be some betas this year at least.

Harada already told us there's a closed alpha at EVO Japan and they'll try to bring the game to other majors, hopefully so they can gather all the feedback possible on the new mechanics and how even basic systems were changed for 8

43 minutes ago, -PVL93- said:

I wish Toki played multiple FGs at a pro level again like he did a decade ago. His EVO runs in SFIV and KOF13 were legendary. I don't think he ever touched 14 competitively and 15...well, EX Iori doesn't exist in that game so no top tiers to abuse lmao

Patch meta took away Krohnen wake up ex dp into touch of death 😞

what I dont like is a week or so ago I did an interest tier list for SF6

spawned bunch of of other people making their own lists

and like every single motherfucker put E. Honda at the bottom of their lists

Whats wrong with yall, Honda is basically the peak male experience. Why are you so weak and scared to embrace his power???????

20 minutes ago, EvilCanadian said:

I have no potential mains... No one can fill the void left behind by him...

But Guile and Blanka can ease some of the pain, and I am keeping an open mind about JP.

I hoping that AKI is the first DLC character and that like FANG before her she is a charge character.

So I've played Power Rangers Legacy Wars and KOFAS and I spent MUHNAY playing those games. Does SFD feel similar? For sure - if I obsess over getting OP characters and spend rent money tryna get em then the developers have done their job. 

But @-PVL93-you're right... It's either I get to big boss CPU Seth for free, or die tryin lol. PR Legacy Wars should've had a campaign mode... For KOFAS, sure they have the campaign but since they're by KOF year, it's similar to how the actual games' stories are but I lost interest in that too. Maybe SFD can hold me over before SF6 drops? 

In addition, I decided I wouldn't mess with SF5 at all till after the SF6 launch. Also been playing the Mega Man X Collection, and USF4.

I can completely rule out Ken, Dhalsim, Blanka, Jaimie and Luke for myself but everyone else I'll give a shot.

On the other hand there's nobody I feel really drawn towards. Manon is visually the most appealing to me but I'm not sure if her gameplan fits my preferences. JP is the opposite.

Or I might just default back to Chun until someone else arrives via DLC, like I did in 5.

I had a dream guys. Being serious here. I saw the order of the dlc for S1 and S2…

For season 1 it went: Ed > Aki > Rashid > Akuma

For season 2 it was a bit of a blur but they said 2 SF3, 2 SFA, and 2 SF2 characters then revealed them like: Female Sf3 (cant tell if Ibuki or Makoto), > Vega (Claw) > Mika > Q > Sakura > Bison (Dic).

i was confused in the dream because instead of me being really happy Bison is back (he looks different, no hat), I was asking where’s Alex… I don’t even play Alex. 😞

Edited by Daemos

Doing drive rush feels awkward. It's similar to doing focus attack dash cancel. But you can buffer attacks during the start of drive rush (which is how you get those sweet combos) which leads to you needing to be real careful with how you keep hand over your buttons.

Kept getting accidental overheads when trying out combos from cr.mk xx drive rush because I was accidentally hitting mp while holding forward.

1 hour ago, Sonero said:

Doing drive rush feels awkward. It's similar to doing focus attack dash cancel. But you can buffer attacks during the start of drive rush (which is how you get those sweet combos) which leads to you needing to be real careful with how you keep hand over your buttons.

Kept getting accidental overheads when trying out combos from cr.mk xx drive rush because I was accidentally hitting mp while holding forward.

You okay fam, you looking a bit under the weather 👀

chapelle-dave.gif

19 hours ago, HeavensCloud said:

I was thinking this might be the best year for video game releases ever.  SF6, New Zelda, New Diablo, FF16, Armored Core, potentially Tekken 8 and FF7 Rebirth?  Shit is crazy.  

Plus Elden Ring DLC, Lies of P and Stellar Blade. I'm also gonna be playing Wo Long this weekend and I still have to get MonHun Rise. This year is fucking crazy.

spacer.png

Edited by TWINBLADES
42 minutes ago, Daemos said:

What is this racism going on against SF2 characters?

I will never on my life play Honda. Blanka is a troll character. I typically don't main big bodies no matter the game was some very very small exceptions. Sim is too weird. Guile is cool but I have no desire to play a charge character. Chun requires heavy execution and while Juri is a good waifu she's a chores character.