Stage Select

Street Fighter 6 Lounge: The FGC has a crack problem.

@Maravilla

Kinda little thing, but according to new artbook (thanks @Scotiafor the traslation), Nakayama seems to really love Laura

Nakyama's thoughts on Laura; "When the idea of jiu-jitsu user from South America came up, I thought that only 'Sean's sister' would do. I thought this would give Sean a strong background for his apprenticeship with Ken...

I wanted to create a fighter with a cool personality who understands her own sexiness and is not sarcastic. I personally like this character a lot."

Guess we can have even more hopes for her 😄

Damn all this shit in SF6 engine

Videogame Character Bishoujo Statues - Page 14 - Statue Forum

Play SF6 be like

Sweating GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

https://www.eventhubs.com/news/2023/feb/25/evo-finals-fgc-concern/

I don't like this top 8 to top 6 change at EVO this year.  Making top 8 is a huge achievement and now 2 players aren't going to receive payment and or any recognition/awards.  It's a pretty big step back - especially when we're trying to increase not decrease the number of players receiving prize money.  Will their matches even be streamed?

I get that it's a business and they're trying to fit everything in.  EVO always runs late.  But adjustments could be made to the schedule by having more games finish on Saturday and/or games could just start earlier in the day.  Last year we were absolutely bombarded with ads that ended up wasting tons of time.  I really hope this is just a one off and we can go back to top 8's in the future.  

2 hours ago, -PVL93- said:

Oh ffs they're gonna add both Menat and Laura in Season 2

it would be awesome for me 

Botj great characters with good design 

Laura bring brazilian jiu jitsu and lot of boobs, Menat is pretty unique character and i love her as goofy stereotype egypt rep 

Two good additions 

But i wonder if current shit format for Season1 (only 4 characters) is going to stay, or if the four we seen will be some sort of "Season 0" avaible at launch, and next seasons will return to 6 chars format we seen in SFV, wich was great

On 2/25/2023 at 10:43 AM, Jocelot said:

Man people really like Cammy. I don't think I've seen this much frenzy since Juri's reveal. 

She's still trending 3 days in. And Jack Horner apparently. Nice 

Cammy is basically in the pantheon of the most iconic fighting game characters. I’m surprised you’re surprised lol 

On that note 

43 minutes ago, -PVL93- said:

Do you really think after how well received Menat was she isn't gonna return for 6? There's enough space in this world for another foot waifu 

yeah if you would think about it thats the case with final fight character in vanilla SFV in the interview until things stage

1 hour ago, Sonero said:

I wanna say this guy was maybe an SRKer...? Either way, dude translated thoughts of SF5/6 producers on the characters:

Thread is full of stuff.

He was an SRKer and he is a Megahshocker. Props to you again for your fine work @ScotiaHe posts in the story thread, not sure if he posts elsewhere.

Edit: Ninja'd by Psycho Powered @Daemos

street-fighter-m-bison.gif

Edited by Darc_Requiem
40 minutes ago, EvilCanadian said:

nope I woke up early for nothing

Thanks for the update

Well, i think in few days we are supposed to get small clips of the 3 characters, like was for others... then at some point we may get a shit match for each 😄

At this point beside the 4 missing ones ( IF we are going to see them before launch), i will like to see on YT full moveset of all characters that never been in the beta

Fp62ui2WcAACHCy?format=jpg&name=small

So the rumor was true, Decapre was gonna take her place in the launch roster.

Kinda amazing that Capcom considered Cammy expendable all the way til SFV. Really weird how they viewed Chun-Li as the only iconic female in the franchise, but I guess finally we have 2 (3 if we upgrade Juri to that status in SF6).

But 3 iconic females still lags behind several other fighting games, who seem to have at least 6 iconic legacy female characters that are guaranteed in the launch roster.

Rose and Sakura absolutely deserve that iconic status by now, considering how long they've been around, their popularity, and in Rose's case, her role in the main plot throughout the series.

I would add that Poison and Ibuki are pretty classic by now too, easily recognizable and are definitely on that path. Not launch roster guaranteed material, but definitely should return every game.

Edited by mykka
11 minutes ago, mykka said:

Fp62ui2WcAACHCy?format=jpg&name=small

So the rumor was true, Decapre was gonna take her place in the launch roster.

Kinda amazing that Capcom considered Cammy expendable all the way til SFV. Really weird how they viewed Chun-Li as the only iconic female in the franchise, but I guess finally we have 2 (3 if we upgrade Juri to that status in SF6).

But 3 iconic females still lags behind several other fighting games, who seem to have at least 6 iconic legacy female characters that are guaranteed in the launch roster.

Rose and Sakura absolutely deserve that iconic status by now, considering how long they've been around, their popularity, and in Rose's case, her role in the main plot throughout the series.

I would add that Poison and Ibuki are pretty classic by now too, easily recognizable and are definitely on that path. Not launch roster guaranteed material, but definitely should return every game.

I think Sakura, R.Mika, Ibuki, and Rose are all just on the edge of the mainstream appeal that Chun, Cammy, and to a lesser extent Juri enjoy. Poison surprisingly also became super popular (likely due to more open fetishization of transsexuals) in recent years.

Sakura, R.Mika, and Ibuki are all mentioned on the sacred Graffiti Wall so I would bet on them appearing in S2/S3.

The thing about R.Mika is there is literally nobody like her. She looks and plays like no other female character in mainstream fighting games. She's extremely memorable thanks to her bigger than life personality and physical assets. I'd rather see her again than Karin or even Makoto.

I mean most of the female cast is pretty unique. That said, Mika was the first female grappler, and even though they keep adding new ones, she'll always retain that title.

I'm basing the list on general opinions though, I much prefer Karin over Sakura, but its undeniable that Sakura is more iconic to the masses - not counting character usage here.

Edited by mykka