Stage Select

Street Fighter 6 Lounge: The FGC has a crack problem.

15 hours ago, Maravilla said:

I mean... where's project l at? (Please have mahvel like combos).  Also I read some comments that "free to play" will ruin project l, what's that all about? 

I wouldn't expect Project L for a very long time. At the rate they're trickling updates I wouldn't expect anything concrete (or even the official name) til like, 2025. Which is fine imo, they can take their time. 

Not too sure about f2p dooming Project L, I know some other fighters have tried and failed but if one company has the $$ to make it work it's probably Riot. 

1 hour ago, Jocelot said:

I wouldn't expect Project L for a very long time. At the rate they're trickling updates I wouldn't expect anything concrete (or even the official name) til like, 2025. Which is fine imo, they can take their time. 

Not too sure about f2p dooming Project L, I know some other fighters have tried and failed but if one company has the $$ to make it work it's probably Riot. 

Cool. Hope it comes out sooner but yea I guess it's gonna be a while maybe. 

3 minutes ago, Maravilla said:

You mean like your need to pay for powers, abilities,etc? 

Yes but since this is a fighting game, I expect the pay to win to be in the form of overpowered characters. This tends to be the case with MK when they drop new DLC characters. MK9, MKX and Injustice DLC characters always broke the meta on initial release. I recall the same happening with the early versions of BlazBlue.

There's also costumes, color palettes, battle passes, voice packs, etc to add cost to the game

1 minute ago, Hawkingbird said:

Yes but since this is a fighting game, I expect the pay to win to be in the form of overpowered characters. This tends to be the case with MK when they drop new DLC characters. MK9, MKX and Injustice DLC characters always broke the meta on initial release. I recall the same happening with the early versions of BlazBlue.

There's also costumes, color palettes, battle passes, voice packs, etc to add cost to the game

Cool, thanks for explaining. 

7 hours ago, Daemos said:

They are not the same. They change with the times. They are brand new! SF2 racism has to stop. These characters deserve unlimited adoration. 

The SF2 cast is better than all the other nerd losers that came after them simple as fact

oh you like Laura? fucking nobody knows who that is

even senior citizens know the electric green guy and the fat guy who slaps you. They are eternal, your non sf2 favs are destined for the dumpster of history.

1 hour ago, -PVL93- said:

that kid could play MK1 too if NRS actually bothered to... you know... port *any* of their past games onto modern hardware. It's baffling that not a single remaster has been done since the Injustice Ultimate Edition port from PS3 to PS4

I think that is more of WB issue than an NRS issue.

1 hour ago, ToreyBeans said:

I just realized something crazy y'all: I learned that I've spent at least about $250 on Street Fighter V over the course of the last 7 years. But folks playing Street Fighter Duel have spent likely more than that in the last 4 days of its release 😂

I was watching Spooky's stream on launch day and there was already a max level Mad Ryu on the leaderboard. On day 1. I wanna thank these whales that will keep SF funded for years to come

There’s allot of weird encounters I’ve had playing SFV over the years but the one I’m having currently is fucking puzzling. There’s this Trinidadian player that for a minute now has continued to send me friend requests on CFN. He’s ranked Super Gold but here’s the kicker. He’s got the master rank title you only get from getting to well, master. He plays Ken/Chun. I don’t know who the fuck this guy is. Seriously he’s super gold now but yet someone how he found me?!?! He keeps wanting to fight me in sets. Some moments it’s like he plays like he just bought the game and then other times he’s fucking 1 hit confirming the most random stray button I throw out like he’s fucking Momochi. I’ve tried looking up his PSN but when I do for some reason his exact user tag doesn’t pop up. It’s fucking wild. Seriously wtf lol 

Also he’s a legit 2 bar connection yet somehow when we play it actually doesn’t feel like dog shit. It still has its weird spurts but considering the flag you would think the connection would look like a stop motion film from the early 1900’s. I wonder who this guy is and why me…

1 hour ago, CESTUS III said:

I'm playing some SF Duel

Want none of their new characters (beside the Shaolin Guy), but must admit some of their alt designs would make pretty cool alt costumes for SF6

While at it, anybody know a SFduel wiki site or something to check stats and all that stuff?

I actually made a Guild called Megashock if anyone wants in.