Stage Select

Street Fighter 6 Lounge: The FGC has a crack problem.

1 hour ago, Vhozite said:

Nobody enjoys having to land 20 extra hits on Gief for the kill, and nobody enjoys fighting paper-mache health Seth running around with every tool in the game.

Speaking just about Gief case, I may be wrong but i think the max health Gief ever had was iirc 1200hp, compared to Ryu's standard set on 1000

200hp (wich again, i think was most extreme case) does'nt seem that crazy gap considering he have larger hurtbox, slower movements and no projectiles (aka he's by design much easier to hit than most characters)

May be wrong but iirc back then ever seen pushed the idea that was "unfair" hitting each other same number of times big strong char would kill fast small one, yet the fact big slow char have way harder time land same amout of hits (let alone score one big throw wich should be his mission) was ever conveniently ignored

Personally i liked bit extreme HP difference as long reflect well character's philosophy (see Zangief, he's literally designed to eat strikes through the struggle to reach and grab you), but like you i did'nt liked it when was blatantly applied to chars that had no reason to be glass cannons beyond  devs wanting them bit OP tools wise

11 hours ago, CESTUS III said:

Sure made sense on competititve side, but as character concept i fucking hated it 😆

I tolerated the GH just because it showed that Zangief could do Hadokens if he ever wanted, like everyone else. It's just that he didn't want to do them. Because projectiles aren't wrestling.

Checked the trailer and if you go slo-motion seems Body Slam with People's Elbow is actually his standing  forward throw (f + LP + LK), is possible see Honda standing and then Gief grab his wrist

Even if is a different move guess as dynamic follow a bit old SF4 slam being the f-throw -> https://i.gifer.com/FAcu.mp4

https://i.gifer.com/FAcu.gif

For the low throw guess Gief surely is a possible candidate considering he got one also in last game and he's  getting tons i SF6

As back throw no idea what i would like most, did'nt known the "captured suplex" you mentioned, checked the gifs and looks cool, would work well for b-throw

No, with "low throw" I meant that ZANGIEF is the one crouching with df + LP + LK, not the "throw done on a crouching opponent" introduced in SFV (and first seen in a Capcom game with RING OF DESTRUCTION, where the throw indeed changed if your opponent was crouching). After all, it wouldn't make much sense for Gief to show the Atomic Drop in the trailer if he can't do it in game (even if I personally never liked the move). But both Body Slam and Atomic Drop throw the opponent forward, so one of them should be the down variation. Unless they ALSO kept the throws done on crouching opponents, so that could bring even more variations (and I'd like that idea, but doubt they went for it).

Captured Suplex is the same suplex Gief already does in SFV as back throw. Cool indeed, and a nice present to Zangief's designer back in SF2 Ikuo "IKUSAN.Z" Nakayama, who wanted the Captured Suplex because he was a fan of Akira Maeda, but they couldn't do that convincingly with sprites back then (well, Zangief gained ALL HIS KICKS since SF2 from Maeda anyway).

Or maybe he may get the atomic drop indeed but after the knee he throw opponent backward above his shoulder, kinda like Guile drop you backward after doing his air throw back breaker

Actually it would make more sense to go for a Backdrop instead (aka Gief's CA in SFV), but that would be overkill 😛

While at it now that you made me think about it would be just epic wink if as back throw or low throw he get the Karelin lift lol 😄

The only problem with the Karelin lift would be that the opponent should be prone on the floor. The closest could be on a crouching opponent, or maybe they could give Gief a throw which first positions the opponent like that. Who knows, maybe in the SA3 variant he does it... 😛

18 minutes ago, Miðgarðsorm said:

No, with "low throw" I meant that ZANGIEF is the one crouching with df + LP + LK, not the "throw done on a crouching opponent" introduced in SFV (and first seen in a Capcom game with RING OF DESTRUCTION, where the throw indeed changed if your opponent was crouching). After all, it wouldn't make much sense for Gief to show the Atomic Drop in the trailer if he can't do it in game (even if I personally never liked the move).

Did not know that 👍

Thought Sim throw we seen in SF6 was same mechanic as SFV low ones

8 minutes ago, Dragonfave723 said:

I mean.. why shouldn't he? He has a problem with giving the slow, barely jumpable, zero mobility, character some range on his only move? I bet you he has no problem with guile in that game. 

Edited by Maravilla
30 minutes ago, Maravilla said:

I mean.. why shouldn't he? He has a problem with giving the slow, barely jumpable, zero mobility, character some range on his only move? I bet you he has no problem with guile in that game. 

The funny thing is that this is literally a 10-0 matchup for Zangief.

11 hours ago, TWINBLADES said:

Something really interesting about they Cammy clip is that she did the super activation from the trailer that lead into what seemed like her level 2 which was the SF2 move. However when she activated it in the new clip it gave her the V-Trigger 1 spiral arrows. I wonder what the deal is…

Simple, it only does the grab on grounded opponents. Cammy's opponent was airborne.

Edited by Darc_Requiem
10 minutes ago, Sonero said:

The trend seems to be:

1) Utility super you can use to add extra damage from EX moves.

2) Some type of install to act as a "v-trigger" of sorts.

3) Big damage bullshit.

Ok thanks man. This game seems like it's gonna be difficult to grasp. I tried playing Sfv some months, never really knew how vtriggers helped my characters (Laura/ryu). 

Edited by Maravilla
50 minutes ago, Maravilla said:

Ok thanks man. This game seems like it's gonna be difficult to grasp. I tried playing Sfv some months, never really knew how vtriggers helped my characters (Laura/ryu). 

The V-System was largely decentralized in terms of its application because everyone’s was different. The Drive system is a one size fits all type situation with the uniqueness of the character being their expanded move set. 

This game is gonna be something else man 

Speaking of the Mad Gear Box, I had to put my pre -order for it this evening. I went there a month ago and they didn't have it, so I'm glad they made it available. My local GameStop said they might even have a 9 pm release. SF6 definitely deserves it. Anyone else getting the box?

5 hours ago, Maravilla said:

Don't forget there's also a second version of 3) Big damage bullshit if your character is below 25% (?) health, which triggers a slightly different animation and does more damage.

Someone I know says that Kimberly is not a good character after labbing her in the cracked beta. Minimal amounts of plus frames, lots of options beaten by perfect parry/parry stance os. I'm not 100% certain what was tested but it seems like they had a focus group studying Kim's offense in the cracked beta, grinding out a 4 hour training mode session to see what works and doesn't work.

I only bring this up because I think someone won a beta tournament with Kim and lots of people were losing their minds about it.

43 minutes ago, Vhozite said:

Isn’t “minimal amount of plus frames” a theme in SF6 in general?

Whose advantage on block do you want?

Unless something changes, Chun only has one normal that has plus frames. St.MP is +1 on block. She also got neckbreaker back and that's +5 (but you'll only really be using this as a meaty).

Its tough out here.

Guile has a total of zero plus frame moves and St.MP is 0 on block. Interestingly enough Perfect Booms are -3 point blank, they don't get extra plus unless he is some distance away. There's a distance where that shit is +19 so....

7 hours ago, Vhozite said:

Isn’t “minimal amount of plus frames” a theme in SF6 in general?

In the beta Luke has the most amount of plus frames of anyone, with 3 whole moves that are plus.

So yeah its def the thing.

Makes me worry if properly spaced condor spires are gonna be plus anymore or not 

*edit*

I do think its a good thing overall though, lets situations where you just gotta sit forever cause you know you can't ever press a button.

Edited by EvilCanadian
9 hours ago, elliephil said:

Someone I know says that Kimberly is not a good character after labbing her in the cracked beta. Minimal amounts of plus frames, lots of options beaten by perfect parry/parry stance os. I'm not 100% certain what was tested but it seems like they had a focus group studying Kim's offense in the cracked beta, grinding out a 4 hour training mode session to see what works and doesn't work.

Does that mean Kimberly relies on getting her level 3 super buff as a way to balance her shortcomings?

5 hours ago, Sonero said:

Holy shit I hate how fucking stupid the FGC is now:

image.png

From where is that chat?

here is my hot take

Alpha 3 is Capcom's FF7 haha

sfalpha3-sq2-1642194005417.jpg

because A3 is the most popular given retro SF title by many but it wasn't the most celebrated because of gameplay but rather than the content and character count which is why its a favorite mentioned. It's not better and it isn't the worst either in terms of an SF gameplay.

lol FF7 didn't revolutionize the JRPG scene and it was just a pop culture phenomena.

FF8 became the popular character template that every other character protagonist became like squall and rinoa's facial features that even tifa became more Rinoa in advent reiteration.

While SF2 revolutionize FG games and also a pop culture phenomena, that it became the template of many 90s FGs from gameplay fundamentals and character base roster. it even create tons of clones just like Doom.

Edited by Shakunetsu

I think SFIV is more akin to what FF7 was, in the sense that it brought a bunch of new people to the genre and revitalised it in regions where it wasn't popular anymore.

But it's a bit nonsense anyway you turn it. I could also say that Monster Hunter World is Capcom's FF1 because it saved the company. Or that SFV is Capcom's FFXV because it launched as an unfinished mess that eventually got patched to a point where it's decent. You know what, I take it back, this is fun.

7 hours ago, Shakunetsu said:

From where is that chat?

Yipes. I just tuned out immediately.

Felt myself feeling the Satsui No SRK rise in me so I X'ed out. Before that the guy was lamenting 3S not being in the global hub arcade thingy in SF6. Which more or less tells you the guy doesn't play 3S: because the people who love the game the most don't play it.

Based on his comment, I don't agree with his SF2=FF7 take. If his position was that they were both games that lead to explosion in popularity of their genres, I'd agree. Because if the comparison is quality, FF7 was never a great game. SF2 at the time of it's release was revolutionary. It was the reason the fighting game genre became a thing. RPGs were already a thing in Japan. FF7 is iconic because of Sony, not Square. Square was never willing to put a massive ad push behind their games in the West. Sony put a big ad campaign behind FF7, it got a lot of exposure, and it sold. There better games than FF7 release before it, but they were the modern day equivalent of shadow dropped. Except in the modern day, you have the internet that can quickly spread word of mouth. That wasn't a thing in late 80s to early 90s. 

Side note: The year Street Fighter 1 dropped. Dragon Quest 2, Final Fantasy 1, and Phantasy Star 1 dropped. Phantasy Star 1 is criminally underrated IMO. That game does things that 16-bit RPGs that dropped half a decade later don't do. :tldr:

Edited by Darc_Requiem