Stage Select

The SF6 Thread: Mena Won Evo Japan!

12 minutes ago, AriesWarlock said:

Yes. The SF6 Thread: Capcom Cup edition- Juri stepped all over the competition !!

The SF6 Thread: Capcom Cup Edition - UMA went ten toes down on the competition 😉

Edit: @purbeastI'm a patient dude. I'll let people slide on a lot of things....except money. Where money is concerned I go 0-100 quick. If you need money and you know you can't pay me back. Just ask for it. Don't ask to borrow it. If we cool and I can spare it. You can have it. But if you say you are borrowing it and you don't give me my money back. We are going to have SERIOUS issues.

Edited by Darc_Requiem
40 minutes ago, HeavensCloud said:

I got Sekiro vibes watching that.  Really looking forward to Akuma.   

Jeah, I felt the same. Shura ending vibes.

Really good trailer, and if that's the stage that comes with Akuma then I'm extra hype cuz it's also sick. Has a lot of atmosphere

Wth man, so I have a question, against any jp they just keep command grabbing my ass, but I've noticed on events and replays of pro/top players that those jp's don't even do the command grab on their opponents because im

guessing it's risky? But how the hell can all

those opponents differentiate between a regular projectile and the command grab? Like there's cues but by the time you hear them and try to react it's too late! I know I'm missing something since all throughout Capcom cup I don't think I saw a jp player use that move. 

10 hours ago, Sonero said:

Anyways, if you guys wanted to hear the stupidest shit in a video for a hot min:

Give it like 20 seconds from where that time stamp starts. God we need SRK so we can convince people like this to STFU. This is embarrassingly bad.

His best YouTube comment was simply, "we have gekkosquirrel at home" cause it's eerily on point.

But hey he's a HC main so whaddya expect.

• Sonero changed the title to The SF6 Thread: Capcom flashing people their MESSATSU in front of Ed
20 hours ago, Maravilla said:

Wth man, so I have a question, against any jp they just keep command grabbing my ass, but I've noticed on events and replays of pro/top players that those jp's don't even do the command grab on their opponents because im

those opponents differentiate between a regular projectile and the command grab? Like there's cues but by the time you hear them and try to react it's too late! I know I'm missing something since all throughout Capcom cup I don't think I saw a jp player use that move. 

it's sound cues as well as being really fucking smart about guessing where the gaps are. Note that there are instances where pros fall for the super duper online command grab but that's usually because of fatigue. For most of us mortals though we are always expecting the projectile and because we are too scared of the potential fake out we just sit there and eat it.

9 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

At least Ed got a trailer. Alex fans had to make their own trailer

I completely memory holed this lmao! I remember that people thought he wasn't gonna get one because it took fucking forever to show after he dropped. God damn season 1 of SFV is something.

On 3/11/2024 at 10:02 PM, Maravilla said:

The command grab is about 10 frames slower than any of the fireballs. You can use audio queues and visual queues of where the ghosts are actually located.

When the game first came out, I made the dummy in training mode vary between mid fireball and command grab since they look kind of similar. If you can train yourself to look out for that mid hitting fireball and know when you should be blocking it, it makes dealing with the command grab easier.

When JP is at point blank range, it becomes trickier and I need to rely more on audio at that point to react properly.

Tldr: The command grab is slower than the fireball, keep that in mind.

I got told the wildest shit today. Apparently saying that people stop playing a game when the patch take the game in a direction they don't like is a scrubby reason for saying people stopped playing.

So I'm a scrub for saying people don't want to play with mechanics they don't like.

I'm going to let you guys parse that in your brains.

34 minutes ago, Sonero said:

got told the wildest shit today. Apparently saying that people stop playing a game when the patch take the game in a direction they don't like is a scrubby reason for saying people stopped playing.

Are these league of legends players or something? If so, this is why we need offline tournaments to survive because I can't surround myself with people who are that chronically online and/or stupid...

On 3/11/2024 at 3:30 PM, purbeast said:

I broke 1 tab on like 6/9 of the 24mm ones that I got, but they still seem to be working just fine.  One of the tabs completely broke off and the rest are like broke but still attached.  The solid black buttons I got seemed to be stiffer so it's just the weaker metallic buttons I guess.

Are those the snap in buttons? I hate those because I break them all the time lol

2 hours ago, elliephil said:

Are those the snap in buttons? I hate those because I break them all the time lol

Nope these are the screw in.

I'm talking about the tabs that keep the plunger in.  The plastic on the metallic buttons is CLEARLY cheaper than the solid ones.  I got some black buttons and pink metallic buttons, and popping the plungers off the black one is easy and none of them break, but the metallic ones, like over half of them have a broken tab lol.  

It kind of makes sense though because the metallic one is thinner because there is paint on it, which then makes the plastic as thick as the solid colored ones that are just molded in their color.

6 hours ago, elliephil said:

Are these league of legends players or something? If so, this is why we need offline tournaments to survive because I can't surround myself with people who are that chronically online and/or stupid...

Nope.

But lemme tell you how much SRK was not the problem with how fucking flamingly dumb the people in the FGC are.  I brought up how numbers went down on bad updates to SF4 and SF5 and his reply was "sure thing boss".

🤦‍♂️

2 hours ago, Sonero said:

Nope.

But lemme tell you how much SRK was not the problem with how fucking flamingly dumb the people in the FGC are.  I brought up how numbers went down on bad updates to SF4 and SF5 and his reply was "sure thing boss".

🤦‍♂️

Where are you talking with these people? I just wanna see something. 👀 

27 minutes ago, Sonero said:

He didn't say the moves were difficult to execute. For fuck's sake:

GIknW62aMAERPo6?format=jpg&name=900x900

For those needing help with it,

Like c'mon people. It was literally highlighted.

So basically her move set didn't work well with charge motions. I'm curious, if they had gotten far, what her frame data was when she was a charge character.

Serpent Lash with a charge input would have felt pretty weird I guess, and while making her fireball charge sounds okay one has to remember that only the light and EX version of QCB+P are a fireball. Medium is the poison puddle and heavy is the safe on block short range bubble explosion, two specials that don't really feel like they would work well with charge, not with their current properties at least.

Cruel Fate could have been an easy down charge, but Snake Step has to be a motion input I feel. Then she only has slide left, which is a down+PP input, not the kind of stuff that works as a charge move.

Like, if we want to imagine AKI with charge moves how would you have to change her? Light Serpent Lash is a mid range poke that feels like it should need horizontal charge, but Heavy Serpent Lash is an anti-air that hits directly upwards, so that special is going to feel weird with either down charge or horizontal charge depending on strength.

Daigo's first ever Beast Cup just finished, was a great event. If you missed it - VOD should already be up on his twitch channel 

Ran a 500+ man bracket for SF6 in under 7 hours, plenty of good matches too

Also there's red bull kumite later today in just a few hours, though only the qualifiers, the main event is tomorrow 

5 hours ago, -PVL93- said:

First UMA wins Capcom cup, now Nephew gets his spot in red bull kumite tomorrow and looking strong 

Still wild to me that people thought she wasn't that good.

I don't know how is it that people are evaluating characters and all that but holy ish.

3 hours ago, Sonero said:

Still wild to me that people thought she wasn't that good.

I don't know how is it that people are evaluating characters and all that but holy ish.

People were too busy focusing on the Ken jp Luke trifecta