Stage Select

The Marvel comics and Mcu thread

4 hours ago, AriesWarlock said:

It seems we'll finally see more of Selene. About time!

Hell yeah! It was so wild seeing her come through the Gate during House/Power of X. The fact we haven’t seen her but she’s been put in such an important roll (making Krakoa is nourished and healthy) means Hickman likely has huge plans for her.

same with seeing Shadow King in the background during the call to arms on Genosha during Empyre

edit: damn. Havok’s suit is amazing 

0ECF29E9-04B4-4A6D-AEF4-E9DBF1550379.jpeg

Edited by iStu X
4 hours ago, iStu X said:

Hell yeah! It was so wild seeing her come through the Gate during House/Power of X. The fact we haven’t seen her but she’s been put in such an important roll (making Krakoa is nourished and healthy) means Hickman likely has huge plans for her.

She was also holding hands with Guido Strong Guy at the bar, so. I wanna know what that is about.

Also, she killed some humans in A Captain America comic last year, so people are wondering why she isn't down there with  Sabertooth as plant food.

Edited by AriesWarlock

Ok my comments on Falcon/WS:

Spoiler

I like the overall black/white tone it got since ep 1. A few lines were unexpected from a comics tv show like "Lamar's life didn't matter?" White dude telling black Cap "you don't understand" <- this is the classic white bs. Overall I liked this better than I expected. The uniform is too white imo, shoulda been more blue and red but is ok. Also disnt like that Walker got redemption. Dude was almost set up to become a villain. Regarding Sharon idk I feel like she was set up bait and almost unnecessary. Additionally the actress looks old now. Back in WS/CW she looked fine now she looks like she drives a minivan full of soccer kids. 

I am pretty sure Loki is gonna be great too

My expectations for Loki after what we got are now through the roof, Marvel may need to calm down cause they maybe setting the bar too high on for some of their future projects to reach. I have gotten some almost feel from what I have seen they will have some British sci Fi  quirky comedy which would be dope to see with one of these Disney + almost movie budgets.

Oh shit i just realized

Spoiler

Zemo spared Bucky.. when they met up at the Sokovia memorial he said "Dont worry, I decided I'm not going to kill you" to Bucky... I mean Zemo had probably put in motion the plans to kill the super soldiers way before getting caught.

19 minutes ago, OrochiJ said:

Oh shit i just realized

Hide contents

Zemo spared Bucky.. when they met up at the Sokovia memorial he said "Dont worry, I decided I'm not going to kill you" to Bucky... I mean Zemo had probably put in motion the plans to kill the super soldiers way before getting caught.

Lmfao did you just see the thread on Twitter Goin? 

5 hours ago, OrochiJ said:

Oh shit i just realized

Hide contents

Spoiler

I mean if we are being honest in both Civil War and the recent series, if Zemo wanted to kill folk he had opportunity. The only one he failed at was Karli and at the time he was smashing bottles.

I just finished "Falcon and WS"

SPOILERS

Pros:

Camaraderie between Sam and Bucky. They had both funny and argumentative moments.

Action sequences though some were a bit choppy. It feels like a Diet Russo Bros feel. I can see this being a logical progression after after Cap 2 and 3 .

The Isaiah Bradley scenes - DEM FEELS

Cons:

The last episode felt rushed. Walker after being decommissioned just helps them and becomes a "mercenary" after talking to Julia Louis Dreyfus (who is she btw?)

The Power Broker reveal was a bit anitclimactic. (Also, I don't usually criticize appearances, but as locoghul says, she looks 40 in this show but she is only 34. WTF)

The flag smashers and Karli tried to get us to feel sympathetic for them, but It didn't really resonate with me.

Unlike many of the Netflix MCU shows that were approx 13 eps in length, I feel this needed 1-2 more episodes to be more effective.)

I liked it as much as Wandavision, even if it wasn't as creative. 

8/10

2 hours ago, DangerousJ said:

The last episode felt rushed. Walker after being decommissioned just helps them and becomes a "mercenary" after talking to Julia Louis Dreyfus (who is she btw?)

In the comics her character is Nick Fury's love interest in his spy thriller stories. I think she become Madam Hydra in some point in her history but I'm not sure about that one.

8 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

In the comics her character is Nick Fury's love interest in his spy thriller stories. I think she become Madam Hydra in some point in her history but I'm not sure about that one.

Correct on all counts. In Hickmans Secret Warriors she’s basically a triple agent for Sheild/Hydra/Leviathan and her hydra code name is Madam Hydra

Edited by iStu X

Naw, feel the same but I get it, at this point they want to hype the concept of Wakanda itself and it's people since out of respect we may not see a Black Panther recast in the current MCU.

Edit: But honestly I can't see the film sequel being ready by next year but I have little experience in what they are able to do with making films. 

Edited by Wellman

They are gonna expand the BP world.. We have a tv show coming. I won't be shocked if for more than one happens. As well as they will probably expand on the ancestral plane along with supposedly killmonger is coming back. We don't know if it's a spirit or physical but this an expansion of the wakanda world. Also remember wakanda is always about to be a  war.. Losing a BP is about to start some fucking shit. 

Edited by Maxx
4 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

The Marvels is a huge disappoint for me. I know Kamala is getting her own D+ series but I don't want her sharing a movie with a charisma vacuum. 

Yeah, not a fan of Brie Larson either. Ironically enough watching Joe Taslim play Sub-Zero made realize how much she stunk in Captain Marvel. I was like "well it's the script." Nah, Taslim went significant stretches with zero dialog,  you can only see his eyes, and dude killed it. She just sucked. Movie was literally carried by her co-stars.

15 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Yeah, not a fan of Brie Larson either. Ironically enough watching Joe Taslim play Sub-Zero made realize how much she stunk in Captain Marvel. I was like "well it's the script." Nah, Taslim went significant stretches with zero dialog,  you can only see his eyes, and dude killed it. She just sucked. Movie was literally carried by her co-stars.

And her face is literally carried by Avon.

And her ass is out of stock, since day one.

What does she bring to the table other than carefully promoted, manufactured hype?

See: @OPTIMUS124regurgitated defense of her.

I think y'all are going in on Brie too much for Captain Marvel. The movie was a rush job where she was filming her Avengers scenes before they even finalized the script, so that and her cameo in Avengers doesn't really leave her with much to do.  

I mean that is like judging Christopher Eccleston or my Nigerian British dude(whose name I try to butcher) who played Kurse for their roles in The Dark World.

Edited by Wellman
45 minutes ago, Wellman said:

I think y'all are going in on Brie too much for Captain Marvel. The movie was a rush job where she was filming her Avengers scenes before they even finalized the script, so that and her cameo in Avengers doesn't really leave her with much to do.  

I mean that is like judging Christopher Eccleston or my Nigerian British dude(whose name I try to butcher) who played Kurse for their roles in The Dark World.

My criticisms of Brie Larson are purely about Captain Marvel. She wasn't good in the role. I expected better because I know she can act. Her co-stars were fine. It wasn't a Star Wars prequel situation where entire cast was clearly affected by the director. The subpar acting performance was almost exclusively confined to Brie. Meanwhile it was damn near a breakout role for Lashana Lynch.

9 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

My criticisms of Brie Larson are purely about Captain Marvel. She wasn't good in the role. I expected better because I know she can act. Her co-stars were fine. It wasn't a Star Wars prequel situation where entire cast was clearly affected by the director.

Exactly. Not sure where hero = stoic and uncharasmatic. Someone should have said something. She wasn't even a big player in Skull Island and was much better to watch in that. 

11 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Meanwhile it was damn near a breakout role for Lashana Lynch.

Bruh! That scene when the two of them were talking at the house was gold. 

Love that girl, she will kick ass.

If anyone is looking for a medium to low budget Sci Fi show with more edge then the typical Star Wars or Star Trek, find the four seasons of Killjoys, it is fantastic for the most part due to her excellent acting.

I do hope as much as I want to see Bruhl's Zemo return for Thunderbolts series, I want to see her expand on her Ghost role.

Edited by Wellman

@MillionXI was following this ridiculous story of J.Scott Campbell getting attacked by Tumbler weirdos when one their loons decide to "fix" his art and he responded with a critique of his own breaking down their numerous fuck ups and ultimately drew a better version of their "fixed" version. Anyway, your favorite YouTuber covered it.

Edited by Darc_Requiem
10 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

@MillionXI was following this ridiculous story of J.Scott Campbell getting attacked by Tumbler weirdos when one their loons decide to "fix" his art and he responded with a critique of his own breaking down their numerous fuck ups and ultimately drew a better version of their "fixed" version. Anyway, you favorite YouTuber covered it.

I followed this in real time. J. Scott Cambpell’s dismantling of these idiots was glorious. 

JSC is just a cool dude in general. Got to rub elbows with him at a few cons. 

Edited by iStu X