Stage Select

The Marvel comics and Mcu thread

Everyone reacting to the eternals is funny. 

“WHY WERENT THEY THERE TO HELP THE AVENGERS?!” 

“WHY DIDNT THEY STOP THE SNAP?!” 

“THEYRE SO POWERFUL BUT WONT DO ANYTHING! Why?!”

Bruh, they can’t. They’re babysitters under house arrest cause they wouldn’t stop having civil wars and wars with the deviants. Thats why there’s so little eternals left. 

the storm cloud in the trailer was definitely a celestial coming to earth to beat their ass for some reason. 

Edited by iStu X
31 minutes ago, iStu X said:

Everyone reacting to the eternals is funny. 

“WHY WERENT THEY THERE TO HELP THE AVENGERS?!” 

“WHY DIDNT THEY STOP THE SNAP?!” 

“THEYRE SO POWERFUL BUT WONT DO ANYTHING! Why?!”

My response to those people has been "What makes you think they cared?"

I know its the house arrest thing but these people dont know anything about these "Gods" so its fun to throw that question at them. What makes you think immortal beings give one single fuck about your mortal existence?

Fun way to fuck with em without having to reveal anything lol.

2 hours ago, RSG3 said:

My response to those people has been "What makes you think they cared?"

I know its the house arrest thing but these people dont know anything about these "Gods" so its fun to throw that question at them. What makes you think immortal beings give one single fuck about your mortal existence?

Fun way to fuck with em without having to reveal anything lol.

Comic wise: celestials saw deviants fucking up their project. Told the eternals to get their shit together and watch over humans or they would wipe everyone out and restart the project. 

1 hour ago, Maxx said:

Comic wise: celestials saw deviants fucking up their project. Told the eternals to get their shit together and watch over humans or they would wipe everyone out and restart the project. 

In addition asgardians were also fucking shit up for the celestials. So the celestials told them to knock that shit off or we’ll wipe you out too. 

Edited by iStu X

Finally got to read Dawn of X vol. 16. The last trade before the huge X-title wide event “X of Swords”. As soon as I get paid I’m buying the omnibus for X of Swords off Comixology. 

im still going to be hella behind by about 4-5 issues of all the current and 2-3 behind of the newest titles like Way of X and X-Corp but I’ll be a lot closer than I was. 

Reign of X vol.1&2 come out in June and July respectively. So that’ll be nice to read through. 

god I love the team of artists and writers Hickman has assembled to do this relaunch. It’s so good. 

Edited by iStu X
1 hour ago, Maxx said:

If it's a ya book... Is it really Canon? 

Only if the ideas presented are really good do the comics/movies decided to retcon them into canon. We will see Okoye is one of the characters we could see Marvel push in place of T'Challa as the big Wakandan lead for stories.

Cates is a good pick to follow-up Ewing on the Hulk book. While not as cerebral, he is a fun and at times deep story teller that can weave in and around lore modern and old plot points pretty well based off his Guardians of the Galaxy, Thor and the Venom be books.

I'm reading through the Lee/Ditko era of Amazing Spider-Man Have't read this stuff in YEARS. It holds up incredibly well. One thing I don't think I ever really took notice of at the time was how awful Betty Brant was when it came to Peter. I mean, Betty was insecure AF. Whenever she got jealous of Liz Allen, Peter would always reassure Betty that Liz meant nothing to Peter and she would STILL give him a hard time over it. And then she used Ned Leeds to make Peter jealous. No, Peter was not entirely innocent in the matter either. Yes, his being Spider-Man did get in the way of their relationship but I'd argue Betty did far more harm to their relationship than Peter did. Who wants a GF that is super insecure and keeps playing mind games with you?

Edited by RegH81
8 hours ago, Wellman said:

Cates is a good pick to follow-up Ewing on the Hulk book. While not as cerebral, he is a fun and at times deep story teller that can weave in and around lore modern and old plot points pretty well based off his Guardians of the Galaxy, Thor and the Venom be books.

It’s funny cause Ewing is taking over Venom. 

Edited by iStu X

195845776_5813149432091662_4954813839901

195481277_10224991559485776_489103742905

“There will be an island—not the first, but the last…” Destiny’s foreboding words have stuck with Mystique—and fans—since the very beginning of the age of Krakoa. Now, a day of reckoning is upon mutantkind’s leaders, and the shocking payoff to seeds planted in HOUSE OF X and POWERS OF X arrives in mastermind writer Jonathan Hickman’s brand-new X-Men series: INFERNO!

infernoteaser.jpg

Promises were made and broken. The rulers of Krakoa have been playing a dangerous game with a dangerous woman, and they are about to see how badly that can burn them. Having been denied her wishes yet again, Mystique is ready to follow through on her promise to burn the nation of Krakoa to the ground. Mutantkind’s bright future is threatened like never before as Hickman brings his game-changing plans to a head. Fans can expect more revelations from the lives of Moira MacTaggert, Nimrod’s revenge, vicious power plays, and more in this pivotal chapter in X-Men history. Throughout this four-issue limited series, Hickman will be joined by an incredible lineup of artists beginning with acclaimed illustrator Valerio Schiti. Known for masterfully depicting large-scale action alongside intense human drama, the S.W.O.R.D. and EMPYRE artist is perfect for bringing this heartbreaking saga to life.

"I’m very excited that we’re finally getting to share with everyone the follow-up to HOUSE OF X/POWERS OF X,” Hickman said. “The story is 160 pages over four issues drawn exquisitely by Valerio Schiti, R.B. Silva and Stefano Caselli. I cannot wait for people to read it.”

In what is now an X-Men tradition, superstar artist Mark Brooks has delivered another stunning piece of teaser artwork for this latest X-Men milestone. An homage to his earlier HOUSE OF X/POWERS OF X piece, it depicts all the major players of Krakoa as they brace themselves for their biggest shakeup yet. Check it out above, and be there in September when the biggest secrets of Jonathan Hickman’s X-Men run burn away in INFERNO #1.

5 minutes ago, iStu X said:

Why they make my boy Cypher look like such a bitch in that splash page 

Because he is. 

Cypher only exist as plot convince how the X-Men can talk to anyone from around the world or even numerous aliens without actually knowing a lick of the native language.
Cypher is a walking Universal Translator. 

1 hour ago, DarkSakul said:

Because he is. 

Cypher only exist as plot convince how the X-Men can talk to anyone from around the world or even numerous aliens without actually knowing a lick of the native language.
Cypher is a walking Universal Translator. 

He’s not just a spoken word translator. They’ve fleshed out his power a great deal over the years. 

Computer coding is a language. Body language is a language. Fighting styles are a language. There’s so many things that can be interpreted as a language.

He’s had arcs about these. Even just recently in X of Swords where he was chosen to be in the tournament. Him understanding the nuances of body language is how he learned to keep up with Magik’s training. Who is btw one of the best swordsman in the marvel universe. 

hell, even as far back as the original new mutants run he was able to fight off the entire team due to being able to understand all their movements via his power. 

You’re grossly underestimating how powerful Cypher is. Is he an omega level mutant? No. Not a chance, but it’s ignorant to sleep on how versatile his powers can be. 

Edited by iStu X

Support Chris. He’s awesome and a WA state local like ya boi 😎

oh the real though, support him in any way you can. He’s one of the reasons I got back into comic books as hard as I did. Him analyzing the history of comics, their writers, artists, editors, etc is also super insightful. You can tell he pours his heart into every video he makes 

I don't know a lot about Cypher, but after reading a wiki it doesn't seem far fetched how his powers have grown. They always say never to assume a mutant's power is what it appears on the surface, there could be unexplored layers that present themselves with maturity and/or training.

Bei the Blood Moon is an interesting character. For the first 50 years of her life she couldn't speak, and when she finally did her voice destroyed a mountain. Powerset similar to Black Bolt's.

• Speaking of Bei, her power is referred to as the Doom Note, she can use her voice to create powerful concussive force blasts and that’s why she can’t speak. Instead to communicate, her Doom Note creates a psychic connection with other people so they can hear her, except Cypher who, despite being able to translate and understand any language, can’t understand her since she’s not speaking any language.

Not to mention she's an amazonian babe. Doug is getting death-by-snu-nu'ed every night.

word-image-16.png

dd5ffec4ba1bf5c105d08e90a92d6b7f8c37774a

73961eaed005cf5b32034fa8ed84537400464356

6a832125b1bfc5410fdc7f6e3621202bf38df67d

2 hours ago, AriesWarlock said:

I don't know a lot about Cypher, but after reading a wiki it doesn't seem far fetched how his powers have grown. They always say never to assume a mutant's power is what it appears on the surface, there could be unexplored layers that present themselves with maturity and/or training.

i meant to multiquote but here we are. 

Cypher got a really bad rap cause of how “useless” his power was when he was first created as fans felt he added little-to-nothing to the New Mutants Team. Even after Claremont tried to make him interesting via teaming him with Warlock, being possessed and taking on the New Mutants by himself, etc. He was so universally hated that he was essentially Jason Todd’d out of the series. 

when they revived him later writers expanded on his powers a great deal. With the stuff I had previously mentioned and more. He had an arc where he became obsessed with digital languages and basically became a hermit cause there were so many seemingly endless amount of digital languages it eventually drove him insane until (I think) Emma Frost saved him. 

I always thought Cypher was an amazing idea cause I’ve always wanted to learn other languages (not for lack of trying) but the ability to learn any language whether written or otherwise is such a cool power to me. Plus in the current run he’s sassy as hell most the time. 

to his point too, he knows he’s not a strong or skilled fighter, he knows his skill set he isn’t the most coveted power ever despite being the voice of the Nation mutants now live on but he’s constantly wanting to learn more about his power and how it can effect the world around him.  It’s why he finds his now wife, Bei so fascinating  and attractive. she’s the one thing  throughout his entire life he can’t understand (and not just cause she’s a woman! Ba dum ts)

ive also love the oddest characters in x men. I mean, Jubilee is my favorite X-Family character ffs. Lol. Though I do like a lot of main steam X Family members like Nightcrawler, Kate Pryde and Colossus. 

Edited by iStu X

Loki made me wanna chuck my tv out my window within the first 15 minutes 

Spoiler

When Loki is brought before the Time Variant Authorities court to go over his case. Loki brings up and argues the fact the avengers are actually more liable than Loki. His argument is they fucked up the timeline more than he could due to all their time traveling bullshit they did during end game. Which he’s right about imo. 

However the TVA Judge is like “naw, all that was supposed to happen. You taking the tesseract again in 2012 wasn’t. So this is on you” 

Absolute fucking bullshit 

Edited by iStu X
6 hours ago, iStu X said:

Loki made me wanna chuck my tv out my window within the first 15 minutes 

Reveal hidden contents

When Loki is brought before the Time Variant Authorities court to go over his case. Loki brings up and argues the fact the avengers are actually more liable than Loki. His argument is they fucked up the timeline more than he could due to all their time traveling bullshit they did during end game. Which he’s right about imo. 

However the TVA Judge is like “naw, all that was supposed to happen. You taking the tesseract again in 2012 wasn’t. So this is on you” 

Absolute fucking bullshit 

Wait, the UK Judge that presided over Johnny Deep's libel case against The Sun is in this? 🤔

Edited by Darc_Requiem