Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

25 minutes ago, DangerousJ said:

BBHoody, 

*When* you become rich, will you marry a white girl? 

I appreciate that vote of confidence in me. Ideally I'd want to marry a black woman and raise a healthy, strong, and happy black family. Like what we saw in the 50s and 60s. And then we go on to help other black folks do the same. 

Now will that be with a black woman here in the states? Idk. From what I've experienced. It seems not the majority. But a lot of sistas. Ain't serious about being wives or mothers. Until they get older and have had their "fun". And now have a kid or two.

Edited by BB_Hoody
53 minutes ago, BB_Hoody said:

Yeah I never understood the idea of a rich parent saying to their kids. "This is my money. Go out and get your own". Like I thought the whole point of building wealth was to make life easier on the next generation of your family.

I think the point is making sure they learn the value of a dollar and the value of hard work before they get those spoils. Otherwise you end up with a kid like 50s kid.

1 minute ago, DoctaMario said:

I think the point is making sure they learn the value of a dollar and the value of hard work before they get those spoils. Otherwise you end up with a kid like 50s kid.

I'd go for a balanced approach. I.E My son wants to start a business? Go out and earn 25% of the money needed to start it. And I'll give ya the other 75%. He didn't have to grind like I did. But he still put in some work to earn it.

12 minutes ago, BB_Hoody said:

I'd go for a balanced approach. I.E My son wants to start a business? Go out and earn 25% of the money needed to start it. And I'll give ya the other 75%. He didn't have to grind like I did. But he still put in some work to earn it.

I think that's smart, especially considering how hard getting money together can be these days. We started one of their 529 accounts for our son so that it'll have grown to the point where it'll pay for college or if he wants to start a business, it could go to that too.

It's not like my kids will be in a position where they won't have to work for a living, but I'm trying to set them up to work smarter, not harder.  They 're going to grow up learning all the money shit I didn't really get clued in on until I was in my 30s.

That, and going for the dual citizenship life hack so that they have the option to go to college in a place that won't put them into permanent lifestyle altering debt.

1 hour ago, BB_Hoody said:

Now with my son(s). He can't be a leech. A man has to earn his keep in some way in order to become competent and confident. He ain't about to end up like Rob Kardashian or 50s boy. All that money but no backbone or using money inplace of confidence.

There are tons of ways to teach your sons and daughters the value of hard work that has nothing to do with money (Your daughter needs to know that value so sue doesn't misunderstand the Value her husband is bringing if she's a stay home like you describe). 

If you want them to understand money then you need to teach them it's value to those who don't have it. That's the key imo. 

It'd also important to understand that your kids will not turn out the way you want them to. Teach them all you want, no guarantee it will sink or be a key component of themselves. Could easily just go "Yea Dad you're dumb" and go back tonwatching Andrew Taye video of something. 

You do the best you can and hope for a best outcome. *fingers crossed*

11 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

There are tons of ways to teach your sons and daughters the value of hard work that has nothing to do with money (Your daughter needs to know that value so sue doesn't misunderstand the Value her husband is bringing if she's a stay home like you describe). 

If you want them to understand money then you need to teach them it's value to those who don't have it. That's the key imo. 

It'd also important to understand that your kids will not turn out the way you want them to. Teach them all you want, no guarantee it will sink or be a key component of themselves. Could easily just go "Yea Dad you're dumb" and go back tonwatching Andrew Taye video of something. 

You do the best you can and hope for a best outcome. *fingers crossed*

True. That's why I said my son(s) will have to earn their keep in some way. It doesn't have to be by earning money outside. They can join me in my business endeavors and assist where I need them. Or they can do their own thing. But they won't just be completely living off the family's dime, giving nothing back.

Same with my daughter(s). But I definitely don't want the ladies to HAVE to work for money. Much rather them support the household. And yeah they'll understand the value of money when you don't have it. Hence I'll show them my upbringing.

And yeah I hope I do the best job I can, and they go on to do better than me and my siblings, and the generation before us. If they repeat our mistakes, trauma and dysfunction? I'll feel like a complete failure. Money be damned

Also u no like Andrew Tate? Whatcha got against him? And yes I do watch him. But I don't agree with everything. I just take what I agree with and leave the rest.

Edited by BB_Hoody
58 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

That reminds me when Jerry Seinfeld said his daughter asked him if they were rich

They're also both trying to figure out how to raise down-to-earth kids despite their wealth.

"You know what I say [when they ask if 'we're' rich]?" Seinfeld asked Hart in the newest episode of his series, "Comedians In Cars Getting Coffee." "I am. You're not."

https://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/jerry-seinfeld-kevin-hart-kids-wealth-fame/story?id=26741350

Yeah, Isaac Asimov used to write in the forewords to some of his later books about what a useless trust-fund baby his son turned out to be.

It would take an almost impossible level of cojones to publicly blow-up your (adult) kid like that these days, but this was back when only the kind of staunch nerd who reads the author's preface to what was then an obscure genre would ever hear about it. 

23 hours ago, MillionX said:

whoah this is so pathetic it's hilarious

*sidenote--I tend to skip past the first couple of seconds because the way this guy starts his videos always sounds terribly annoying...I wish he'd stop doing that, tbh.

...but yeah, his perspective on how much is "nothing" is amazingly skewed... like to the point where you'd just start wondering if he's just stupid.

His son looks old. He looks like 45 year old midget. 

1 hour ago, Reticently said:

Yeah, Isaac Asimov used to write in the forewords to some of his later books about what a useless trust-fund baby his son turned out to be.

It would take an almost impossible level of cojones to publicly blow-up your (adult) kid like that these days, but this was back when only the kind of staunch nerd who reads the author's preface to what was then an obscure genre would ever hear about it. 

Jerry Swinfelds a weird one for me. Love his show and his stand up can be pretty funny, but he comes off so repulsive and unfun to be around in every interview I've ever seen him in. The Larry King interview is hilarious for all the wrong reasons, and the interview where he talks about knowing he's funny is one of the most egotistical self serving horse shit rants I've ever sat through lol. Dude literally whining that fans come up to him and go "Oh man, I love you, you're so funny."

Edited by RSG3
12 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

Jerry Swinfelds a weird one for me. Love his show and his stand up can be pretty funny, but he comes off so repulsive and unfun to be around in every interview I've ever seen him in. The Larry King interview is hilarious for all the wrong reasons, and the interview where he talks about knowing he's funny is one of the most egotistical self serving horse shit rants I've ever sat through lol. Dude literally whining that fans come up to him and go "Oh man, I love you, you're so funny."

Jerry would be nothing without LD.

13 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

He's pretty unfunny in general.  I think he mostly coasted on Larry David's talent and acts like he did it all himself.  His new stand up is really bad and I have no idea who would pay that much to see him.  I've seen funnier people at my local open mic nights.

11 minutes ago, DangerousJ said:

Even in the show, I never cared about Jerry much.

Tier list

Kramer

George

Elaine

Jerry

Well Jerry was the straight man of the bunch that allowed the crazy antics of the others to really hit home when he's effected by it. Like Hank Hill and his friends. Dysfunction and shenanigans isn't so funny if everyone is participating in the madness. Someone has to be the stick in the mud.

Edited by BB_Hoody

Well Jerry was the straight man of the bunch that allowed the crazy antics of the others to really hit home when he's effected by it. Like Hank Hill and his friends. Dysfunction and shenanigans isn't so funny if everyone is participating in the madness. Someone has to be the stick in the mud.

I feel like this is why I have a hard time getting into Always Sunny in Philidelphia. Every single person on that show is mentally retarded. There are no straight men to set a bar for what's ridiculous and what isn't, everyone's just fucking 11 on the crazy scale at all times lol. 

Lol man I tried really hard to edit this quote into the post above....I really did lol. 

Edited by RSG3
47 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

Almost feel like there is reason they haven't worked together since that I am aware of, but both Jason and Julia have done stuff with David since. 

There were a few episodes of Curb where they were together, working on a Seinfeld reunion show. They had all four of them on Curb as themselves. It was actually pretty funny.

Edit: I believe LD was in an episode of Comedians in Cars getting Coffee once, too.

Edited by Chadouken
22 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

I feel like this is why I have a hard time getting into Always Sunny in Philidelphia. Every single person on that show is mentally retarded. There are no straight malen to silet a bar for what's ridiculous and what isn't, everyone's just fucking 11 on the crazy scale at all times lol. 

Lol man I tried really hard to edit this quote into the post above....I really did lol. 

I think it's moreso how the outside world reacts to their antics moreso than having a straightman in the crew. They all live in their own bubble and it's funny to see normal people interact with them and see just how fucked up they are lol. I think that's why it lasted as long as it did (and continues to do).

7 minutes ago, KimuraLOX said:

I think it's moreso how the outside world reacts to their antics moreso than having a straightman in the crew. They all live in their own bubble and it's funny to see normal people interact with them and see just how fucked up they are lol. I think that's why it lasted as long as it did (and continues to do).

Watch em in order guys. He's right about others being the straight men.

Edited by BB_Hoody
14 minutes ago, KimuraLOX said:

And that's great, I'm not trying to say it's bad. I'm just saying it doesn't work for me. The public being the straightman doesn't seem to work for me. 

I'm certainly not gonna say the show is bad, it just doesn't click with me. 

There are segments of the show I really like, like the court episode where one of them rearends the other while eating a bowl of cereal, or the whole "It's the Implication" thing was so funny. But the show as a whole doesn't grab me. 

Edited by RSG3

Double posting but I don’t particularly care. 

First day of new job I actually wanted and I’m super stoked about is tomorrow! 

it’s funny, I got hired by Burlington almost two weeks ago and they still haven’t given me a call or updated my shifts. So I’m just gunna not answer their phone calls or email. Thanks for the free money I guess? I got paid for six hours even though I only did about two and a half. 😂

Edited by iStu X
58 minutes ago, TheInfernoman said:

Mt gal introduced me to Curb Your Enthusiasm. Consistently hilarious. Larry David is a gem. Never watched Seinfeld but based on what was said earlier, it's obvious LD's talent for humor has been strong for years. 

In a lot of ways the George Costanza focused episodes are sort of proto Curb episodes since George is basically Larry David. 

Want to know all you need to know about Pittsburgh?

The other day a documentary crew found a car with a dead body in it in one of the rivers.  Then the police needed the documentary's crew to help them haul it out.

Great.  Except now they have to check the more than 100 other cars they ended up finding in the water when they were pulling that first one out.

Another case of honesty not being the best policy--- sure would be nice if I could be honest about how much I despise this worthless piece of shit system we use at work.  We just have to smile and pretend it's not truly as shitty as it really is.....that it's not the worst piece of garbage in the entire history of program/applications.  This shit makes Bethesda actually look competent and capable of producing stable game products in comparison.  Every goddamn day this shit makes me want to just break someone's face.