Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

1 hour ago, Sonichuman said:

You're intentional creative decision was ass and they need to hold that.

Yea HBO and that director are under this strange impression that calling something a creative decision shields it from criticism. Sure you made it dark on purpose, we get that. It still fucking sucks and was still a stupid decision. Doing it on purpose doesn't mean it didn't work and you shouldn't try it again. This is twice now you've tried it and twice now people have told you it sucks balls. Should probably stop doing it, whatever your intention, it isn't fucking working. Do something else.

10 minutes ago, J-ride said:

70s movies in general are top tier.  There are some amazing movies from that era that are totally slept on.  The dialogue and storytelling from that Era was ON POINT.

Well of course because back then actors actually had to act, writers actually had to write, directors had to actually direct. And artist who could make quality backdrops and environments were valued Couldn't just CGI and post edit, crap into gold 

oh that reminds me---Blazing Saddles is indeed another one that I should get on dvd or blu-ray asap before they try to delete it in the near future since I'm sure it's seen as "problematic" today, and people of a certain ideological side tend to be the ultimate party-poopers lately.....a situation that is made worse by the other issue of the greedy media companies trying to completely erase physical media as an option forever.

I should pick up that Leprechaun and Phantasm collection next too... I have been seeing both in Walmarts lately... whenever it's October they always expand the selection in terms of horror stuff. (though Phantasm blu-ray collection has been there for the past few months now)

Edited by MillionX

Back to Mel Brooks I honestly think The Producers has worse jokes than Blazing Saddles, especially when you consider that most of the WW2 vets were still alive at that time.  He also served so that probably shielded him from criticism to some degree. 

I watched an interview with him a few years ago, he refused to apologize for his movies and told the interviewer the best way to fight racism was to make fun of it.

I got in trouble in elementary school because I wanted to be the class clown, and my teacher told my mom. There was a book about a class clown and I thought it was funny. So I was always cutting up and did shit like write FART on my arms in big red permanent market, I called a girl a slut when she tripped (got it confused with clutz- I didn't fucking know, I was like 9 years old or some shit) always cracking terrible jokes (like I do now) but I still managed to make straight As lol.

I did the same shit in college, too. I remember one time in Intro to Archaeology class the professor asked if anyone knew what Relative Dating was. I raised my hand and said I used to date my stepsister, does that count? 😂

2 hours ago, MillionX said:

oh that reminds me---Blazing Saddles is indeed another one that I should get on dvd or blu-ray asap before they try to delete it in the near future since I'm sure it's seen as "problematic" today, and people of a certain ideological side tend to be the ultimate party-poopers lately.....a situation that is made worse by the other issue of the greedy media companies trying to completely erase physical media as an option forever.

It'll never happen. As a comedy, it's gold. 

Besides, if Disney still has Dumbo on D+, it'll be fine. If that movie got dropped, then we may as well start the clock for South Park. 

EDIT - 

I just happened to remember, Blazing Saddles was inducted into the Library of Congress as being culturally significant. 

https://www.loc.gov/item/2004676761/

Edited by OPTIMUS124

Oh yeah this Darrell Brooks trial should be juicy... he's representing himself, folks...

https://nypost.com/2022/10/03/alleged-waukesha-parade-killer-darrel-brooks-acts-up-in-court/

Rekieta is live with it; of course he had to jump on this gold 😆:

damn...the judge is looking kinda nice 

https://patch.com/wisconsin/waukesha/waukesha-county-s-newest-judge-is-jennifer-dorow

Edited by MillionX

Didnt want to share this until it was official, and now it is. Oct 17th. I'll be starting a new job with Amentum formerly Dynacorp. I'll be flying out to San Antonio that day for a week of training. Then flying out to AL Udeid Airforce Base in Qatar to work.

It's a 1 year contract overseas. I'll be living and working on base. 5d 12hr mon-Fri off on weekends. 24 days of R&R I can spend however after 3 months. So thinking every 3 months I'll come back to the states for a week.

This will be my first time not only leaving  U.S soil. And stepping out into the world. But actually living in another country. Nervous and excited. I'm not gonna just stay my ass on base. Nah imma go to Doha and see how the locals live. Maybe even visit some smaller nearby cities.

Also all the money I make is tax free and I'm living rent free. A whole year not having to pay uncle same or for housing or food. Overtime all year round and a 20% bonus at the end of the contract. If I like it? I'll do another year. And come back home with over 100k. Ready to make life changing moves. 

Edit: Where can I watch The Big Lebowski? It's not on Netflix

Edited by BB_Hoody
9 hours ago, J-ride said:

@AriesWarlockHonestly I don't buy products if they don't use a universal charger like USB-C or a USB port.  I'm not messing with 3 or 4 different chargers for electronic devices, that just too much of a pain in the ass. But good on the EU for not taking any shit from Apple.

Doesn't prevent them from "charging" (ha ha) an arm and a leg for the shit even if its standard because Apple stuff is notorious for not always wanting to play nice with aftermarket chargers.

I just dropped $110 for a 96w charging block and an official usb-C cable because my work computer decided the aftermarket one I had been using wasn't good enough anymore. 😑🔫

BBHoody,

Don't  drink booze  or get drunk in public.

Booze is expensive and there are not many places to get it.

Don't kiss or grope a girl in public.

They may take out their talwar and cut off your balls.

In summer it is 105-110 F there , hotter than the Drrty South here in Murrica. Be warned.

Gas is cheap and there are a lot of used cars in good condition from the Americans who live there.

There is a lot of good food there. 

Kebabs/hummus/rice. Obviously there wont be much pork dishes lol.

Indian food is popular there if you're into that.

If you fly on Qatar Airways, you have to keep the  mask on for the whole flight duration EXCEPT for meal time (20 min max) and in the bathroom.

Heck they check when you board lol. 

(Some others like Emirates allegedly dont do this. My cousins used that when they went to India. Check before you go)

man from the past speaks to man from the future.

past man "hello, please tell me what its like in the future. "

future man "what would you like to know?"

past man "well, we eat on porcelien plates and use forks and spoons like any civilized person."

future "well, we dont. we eat with our hands, no utensils, and when we are done wolfing food down, we take the paper that our food was wraped in, and toss it over our shoulder, its called burger king."

past man "dear God!"

past man "well, what about clothes? just my lace shirt took 6 months to make."

future man " well, my shirt and jeans took 5 minutes to make, but it took 10 minutes for the pants and shirt makers to intentionally rip holes in them, then theyre worth buying."

past man "my goodness!"

past man "well, what about music? we have Mozart. a man that was a virtuoso on any instrument. what do people have in your time?"

future man " we have Sid Viscious. he doesnt know how to play guitar. but people flock to see him because he does not know how to play."

past man "...."

past man "i must hurry back to my time! the future is wrong! people are insane in the future! the world is doomed! the future is for barbarians."

past man then, passes out.

looooooooool

Spider-man's Greatest Moments:

Amazing Spider-man #14 (1964)

First appearance of Spidey's deadliest foe...

detail.jpg

GG manipulates a Hollywood executive into making a movie with Spidey  and the enforcers. 

While Spidey , GG, and the Enforcers tussle in a cave, who should appear but...

48sf338EvITwJ3OhZ71O2_WF6Hj9ro77186XsJoS

GG is arguably Spidey's greatest nemesis so that's why I put this issue on the list, but there are much better stories.

17 minutes ago, AriesWarlock said:

Putin has just been going further and further off the chain.  Dude making people of Ukraine he invaded sign papers at gunpoint saying they want to be a part of Russia.  Also hilarious that dude was like "We have succesfully taken parts of Ukrain and they will stay with us forever!" And then shortly afterwards Ukraine ends up beating back some of the forces in that area.

Edit:  IIRC he also threatened to Nuke Ukraine which would be unbelieveably dumb on several fronts.  No.1 You nuke Ukraine thats MAD right there, no.2 You're nuking a neighbor you're trying to take over...what is your end goal here?, no.3 if you nuke your neighbor you risk the chance of that radiation blowing over into your country or one of your other neighbors...which again prob initiating MAD. 

Edited by Sonichuman