Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

I thought I would share this recipe, but I think I only remember half or most of it. I'll try to remember the steps as well. A favorite of mine late last year.

Seafood Habanero Stew

Grouper Fish

Shrimp 

Lawry's

Accent

Old Bay Seasoning

Diced Tomatoes

Southern Trinity Mix

Seafood Stock

Habanero Peppers 

Olive Oil

Minced Garlic

Pepper

Prep the Trinity Mix and Peppers separately, cutting them into the appropriate sizes. Set aside. Season Grouper and Shrimp to perfection and set aside. Sautee the Trinity mix in hot oil and minced garlic, adjusting it to medium low heat, having them done. Pour in the diced tomatoes and adjust it with the shock. Pour in the Grouper, and Peppers. Time this for about 25 mins. Pour in the Shrimp and let that stew through the remaining 5 minutes. Always adjust seasoning during and after cooking, if desired. Serve with rice and mussels as garnish.

Deep fried crabmeat balls

Gather the crabmeat in a bowl. Next, you need mayo, mustard, Worcestershire Sauce, flavored bread crumbs, flavored cracker crumbs, Lawry's, Old Bay, Parsley, and Accent. Mix together with crabmeat and let the flavors infuse for about 30 minutes. Roll them up into balls and deep fry them in about 4 mins, then take them out. If not deep fried, then 4 minutes on each side.

This is probably one of my better seafood dishes that year. Try it. I'm very rusty in the kitchen currently. 

Edited by Emptyeyes_
4 hours ago, DoctaMario said:

She was head of her local NAACP, she's probably done more for black people than most white people have lol

Rachel Dolezal's life story is kinda of crazy. The strangest part about it is that she ended up adopting her two younger siblings (who were black) and raising them to be good kids.

She ended up in that weird state because her parents adopted a bunch of black kids and weren't teaching them any black history. So she read a bunch of books to learn about black history, bunch of crazy stuff happens and here we are. Think she found some sort of emotional similarity between the way she was treated and abused by her parents and the black struggle. So to escape identifying with anything involving her parents, she went slightly off the rails.

The part that kinda sucks is that you can tell she isn't an idiot. But there's just some really important screws loose that don't let her sort of move forward. Its very unfortunate.

Ok so had my dental work done. I decided against the root canal. And just had it removed. An older guy from my previous job i kept in touch with was.  Was willing to take time off from work to take me to the appointment. Then to the grocer to pick up food and drop me off homewhen my bro wasn't able to.

That moment when someone you're cool with. Comes through when ya need'em and proves themselves to be a friend. 😃 Definitely will always keep in touch and see him whenever I'm in town. 

7 minutes ago, Chadouken said:

Ugh. You guys ever have your ballsack stick to your thigh and then you have to take a lunging step like stepping over an invisible crack in the sidewalk to unstick it, but everyone around you knows exactly what happened because you're not fucking fooling anyone? I hate that.

Or getting a strand of hair on your nuts snagged in the fabric of your underwear. And that bitch is just brutally tugging on it with each damn step. So it's either take one big quick painful step to unsnag it. Or find somewhere private to do it by hand.

37 minutes ago, Chadouken said:

Ugh. You guys ever have your ballsack stick to your thigh and then you have to take a lunging step like stepping over an invisible crack in the sidewalk to unstick it, but everyone around you knows exactly what happened because you're not fucking fooling anyone? I hate that.

BRUV it happens a lot at work. But when I do lunge it looks like the Thriller slide. 

HEEHEE

So Credit Karma finally gave me good approval odds for the Amex Gold card. Decided to apply and I got approved. Card comes in on the 5th. Officially moved up from starter credit cards. And got my first big boy credit card.

Well I guess technically my capital one getting upgraded to quick silver and now giving cash back on purchases would count as first. But this is bigger.

4 minutes ago, BB_Hoody said:

@ChadoukenDoes it live up to the hype? Cuz there's a Asian shopping plaza not far from me I'm sure I can try some at.

I don't actually know because I hadn't heard of it until my buddy hooked me up recently. Never even knew it existed. But it's fucking bomb. Those dudes in Japan know what the fuck they're doing.

Edited by Chadouken
Accidental racism.
3 minutes ago, Reticently said:

That's like the one thing in The Big Lebowski that isn't a joke.

The fact that chinaman comes up again later in conversation between the Dude and Walter makes me think it was in there as a joke. Dialogue reoccurring in different context happens throughout the entire film. And Lebowski seems like the kind of asshole who wouldn't care to distinguish between different Asian people.

Back on the Rachel Dolezal topic

It made me wonder as to what is going to be considered racist or some form of bigotry when it comes to her?

Is it racist to say she is black when she isn't black or is it racist/transphobe to reject her claims about being black because ethnicity is now different from race, and one of which is what it is self identified while the other is the thing that doesn't count to leftists which is called genetics? Who says being transphobe is exclusive to just gender? I need this explained to me. 

1 hour ago, Chadouken said:

The fact that chinaman comes up again later in conversation between the Dude and Walter makes me think it was in there as a joke. Dialogue reoccurring in different context happens throughout the entire film. And Lebowski seems like the kind of asshole who wouldn't care to distinguish between different Asian people.

Well, but the dude ends up repeating most everything everyone else says throughout the movie. So it's not really, IMO. It's more that he tries to parrot every one else.

"That rug really tied the room together."

"This aggression will not stand."

etc.

But would Lebowski know the difference between Chinese and Korean? Probably not. He doesn't really seem to give a shit about anything but himself throughout the movie.

Walter knowing enough to try to PC it up after serving in Vietnam is actually shocking when it's very clear he has unresolved trauma.  Just felt like the movie tried to flip everything on its head.

Edited by MP_
2 minutes ago, Chadouken said:

Chinaman is not the preferred nomenclature, but camel fucker in Iraq is ok 😂

Totally forgot about that part, but yeah what you tend to have in this movie is a bunch of followers trying to be leaders, because they typically buy what the TV is telling them.

Walter was probably using Chinaman and Charlie and whatever circa the 70s, but in the late 80s/early 90s, the enemy of the week was the Iraqis, so the angst was against them. Especially that era, using slurs was just the course.

Even after 9/11, remember my dad using the camel jockey/sand n****r slurs.

Not saying any of that is ok, but it was definitely a bit of the play on 1984 where the media controls the narrative and allows them to dictate good from evil with your tacit approval.

FoxNews Hotness Report...

Big thanks to whoever put a baby in Carley Shimkus, 'cause goddamn man... she turned to the side yesterday and the view was INSANE.  Suddenly this girl has serious cheeks.  If you're looking at her from her left side profile it looks like capital letter "P" now.  It's "stripper-level" ass now.  I snapped a few pictures, of course....I'll have to figure how to get that in a way to post in the Hot Girl thread later.  We'll get more of that since they always go to a full-body shot during the later FnF when they have Carley on just for those reporting segments.   The great thing is that her belly isn't super noticeable as a pregnant belly just yet...so right now it's JUST the curve upgrades that are noticeable.  She's looking better than ever now.  The only point of critique before was that she was on the "rail thin" side of things....now she is a certified PAWG.

Actually, right here on her instagram you can see from a few weeks ago, her evolution was already starting...

https://www.instagram.com/p/Ch9g6PgOAY8/

Approve South Park GIF

9 hours ago, Sonichuman said:

Remind of his match against Panic. That big dude that beat Mai and took her star chips from the Tournament. Yugi used Catapult turtle effect to shoot a monster  at that Castle monster's "flotation ring".  causing it to crash down and kill all of Panic's monsters lmao.

This is why actual Yugioh TCG is bullshit. The card game came as a result of the popularity of the show. Not the other way around. Thus they had to make shit up on the fly. Confusing the fuck out of us kids. 

So many of us coming to play using examples from the show as rules. Only for an older kid to drop a rule book from a starter deck on us, blowing our little impressionable minds lol. Like wat? Zombies can die without using shield and sword on them? Wat there's actual fusion monster cards? You can't just use polymerization and fuse anything? You have to sacrifice monsters to summon big ones???

Edited by BB_Hoody

HBO Responds After Fans Complain ‘House of Dragon’ Scenes Are Too Dark to See on Screen

According to Variety, these complaints have been lodged before with an episode of Game of Thrones titled “The Long Night.” Both episodes were directed by Miguel Sapochnik. Variety noted Sapochnik addressed the complaints over his color grading of “The Long Night” back in 2019.

“It made sense that this was the last hope humanity has, the last beacon of light, and from the perspective of where we needed the story to go — which was to reach a surreal, chaotic climax — we needed an environment that was friendly to that,” Sapochnik said. “So all the reasons for doing it were there, and nobody sat there and wondered if it was gonna be too dark.”

The apologies seemed to fall on deaf ears, as fans continued to express their frustration on Twitter after discovering that the episode was filmed during the day and intentionally color graded to be extremely dark.

19 hours ago, Reticently said:

Okay, but here's a new one for you:

The incumbent Congressman from PA's 18th district is a pretty popular Democrat named Mike Doyle, who is retiring from Congress this year.  The 18th is pretty blue, and Mike Doyle is very well liked there.

Who did the Republicans put up to run for Mike Doyle's soon to be vacant seat?  A completely different guy who is also named Mike Doyle.  Trying to scoop up that "didn't know that the other guy was retiring" vote.

Not gonna lie that is a pretty brilliant move even if it is shifty 😂

1 hour ago, AriesWarlock said:

HBO Responds After Fans Complain ‘House of Dragon’ Scenes Are Too Dark to See on Screen

According to Variety, these complaints have been lodged before with an episode of Game of Thrones titled “The Long Night.” Both episodes were directed by Miguel Sapochnik. Variety noted Sapochnik addressed the complaints over his color grading of “The Long Night” back in 2019.

“It made sense that this was the last hope humanity has, the last beacon of light, and from the perspective of where we needed the story to go — which was to reach a surreal, chaotic climax — we needed an environment that was friendly to that,” Sapochnik said. “So all the reasons for doing it were there, and nobody sat there and wondered if it was gonna be too dark.”

The apologies seemed to fall on deaf ears, as fans continued to express their frustration on Twitter after discovering that the episode was filmed during the day and intentionally color graded to be extremely dark.

Yeah I watched that episode last night and it looked SHITTY.  Your intentional creative decision was ass and they need to hold that.  I was watching and it was clear that they tried to make it look like it was either night time or dusk and it just looked stupid as hell.    Mind you this wasn't as bad as the episode in the original GoT where it was fucking pitch black and you couldn't see shit that was going on but this was a few steps below that.  If they wanted to go for a dusk look then they should have actually properly prepared and/or shot the set at around that time frame.  I thought there was like an eclipse or something going on but nope....

Edited by Sonichuman