Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

57 minutes ago, axeman61 said:

I don't fuck with JP at all, but is he good after that Benzo thing he did to himself? All his latest behavior makes me wonder if he's a bit brain-damaged.

Like Aba, I don't necessarily agree JP's politics but I agree basically completely with what he said. 

@DangerousJYeah I live in SC. Nothing crazy around here. At least not at this time. I just checked what the Weather Channel is saying as of right now.

https://weather.com/weather/alerts/localalerts/l/62fb1818ebc48b9c6a415124183ff085c5bad769749532a8152ddc39b84a8ba0?phenomena=TR&significance=W&areaid=SCZ009&office=KGSP&etn=1009

Edited by Darc_Requiem

That clip of Peterson is interesting because it shows how little people get it. The internet turned one thing into another, twisted itself in knots and now can't see the forest for the trees.

Men need help. That's it. Men need some fucking help. And the idea that men need help is such a strange foreign concept that there's no legitimate way to talk about it. Every category imaginable is allowed to be the victim of historical forces...except men. Some men were shitty, so now every man has to hold the bag. Never mind that a lot of men were also victims of those shitty men.

Some years ago I was talking to a homie who also was in the social sciences. Pitched him this idea for a non-profit dedicated to just helping men. We talked for some minutes about life experiences and the fact that at no point was there anybody to really help us with some stuff. You know what the end convo of it was? Nobody is going to help us fund it because there's no money in helping men.

Its unfortunate that the men's right movement shot itself in the dick with a lot of the wild nonsense they let rock. But now you have a few generation of men who won't be able to sort a lot of shit out and don't really have anybody to help them through it. There's a few people out there willing to talk about some core issues but it is what it is.

12 minutes ago, Sonero said:

That clip of Peterson is interesting because it shows how little people get it. The internet turned one thing into another, twisted itself in knots and now can't see the forest for the trees.

Men need help. That's it. Men need some fucking help. And the idea that men need help is such a strange foreign concept that there's no legitimate way to talk about it. Every category imaginable is allowed to be the victim of historical forces...except men. Some men were shitty, so now every man has to hold the bag. Never mind that a lot of men were also victims of those shitty men.

Some years ago I was talking to a homie who also was in the social sciences. Pitched him this idea for a non-profit dedicated to just helping men. We talked for some minutes about life experiences and the fact that at no point was there anybody to really help us with some stuff. You know what the end convo of it was? Nobody is going to help us fund it because there's no money in helping men.

Its unfortunate that the men's right movement shot itself in the dick with a lot of the wild nonsense they let rock. But now you have a few generation of men who won't be able to sort a lot of shit out and don't really have anybody to help them through it. There's a few people out there willing to talk about some core issues but it is what it is.

Great post. Honestly, I don't really think the men's right movement shot itself in the dick. These days if someone doesn't want to acknowledge or support something, they disparage it. They find someone one that shares the same point of view that's a piece of shit, and they pretend that person is representative of everyone in that movement. 

30 minutes ago, Sonero said:

I think people get it. It's just the messenger.

Jordan's one of those anti-woke, "spitting hard truth" types, and here he is crying over being called an "incel king", saying incels are "disaffected young men" and "marginalized" people who just don't know how to make themselves attractive to the opposite sex. It sounds ludicrous, because that's not an incel. Also, we're 2 months at most past when he both said that stuff about Elliot Page and that fat Sports Illustrated model. To see him crying over this  feels like prime "can dish it out but can't take it" shit, and people are clowning him for that.

Edited by axeman61
26 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Great post. Honestly, I don't really think the men's right movement shot itself in the dick. These days if someone doesn't want to acknowledge or support something, they disparage it. They find someone one that shares the same point of view that's a piece of shit, and they pretend that person is representative of everyone in that movement. 

The MRAs never had the Ivory Tower of Academia or Governments simping for them and so it was always going to be an uphill battle.  Peterson is pretty milquetoast as far as political opinions go and he gets painted as a "Far Right Extremist" by the media.  What's going to be fun is after the next generation gets raised and is militant AF.  These people are going to create a monster they won't be able to contain or control.  I'll be old when it happens but I will be laughing my ass off, not gonna lie.  We are about 10 years from a HARD pendulum swing.

Edited by J-ride
3 hours ago, RSG3 said:

Seems more.like Jordan's crying over people disparaging men with words like incel which more or less just causes more damage, and they don't give a shit about the damage it's causing. 

Yeah, it seems that he actually cares about the welfare of men and society at large doesn't...they can't comprehend it.

@axeman61 It's not the messenger. It's the message. He's well educated man and excellent debater. I've seen women point out the same things he does, they get skewered as well.

TLDR: People don't give a fuck about men and get pissed when you point out men's issues.

Edited by Darc_Requiem
12 hours ago, RSG3 said:

These are very very rare. 

No argument there. I will say though. It's much less evident that a company lacks these qualities. In say my line of work or similar. Because there's way more on the line than just money. So even if management has a ends justifies the means approach. Most of us mechanics will not cross that line. And will  challenge management or another mechanic of need be.

But if its mainly just about money? Then yeah management has to enforce a work culture of integrity or people will do whatever to get that commission. 

7 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

I don't really think the men's right movement shot itself in the dick

Yes they did.  The name in itself is off putting to regular people.  Secondly they let random people kick it with them that were total dumbfucks. Which ultimately is how you ended up with Starhammer and all the dumbfuckery he would post on a daily basis.  The media that targets these men, and how these guys go about their swindling of men on the outs for various reason, is a fucking problem. Because any of those goobers saying some random dumb shit gets turned around and used as "SEE THIS IS HOW IT GOES".

There's a lot of things you wouldn't associate with being gendered that are. Autism is disproportionately higher in males. Similarly being trans is also disproportionately higher in males (MTF is way higher than FTM).  If a man is in a domestic abuse situation, there aren't really shelters for them. So if you're like "Fuck it, we gotta go, kids get in the car." None of the women's shelters will take you. Hell in domestic violence calls, the police are going to assume you were the aggressor from the jump.

Police violence is a male issue. Sure its male police officers shooting other men. But in the cases of mental health, its men who needed some type of help and didn't get it ultimately ending up in a terrible situation. Drug abuse is higher among men. Successful suicides are higher among men. Workplace deaths are higher among men.

We are also very bad at letting idiots talk. Because the first asshole who says "well we're men and we do it this way" is the one we should be throwing out a balcony.  Feminists have a lot of points that merit. Patriarchy fucks over men? Totally. But that isn't exactly the issue per say. Some sociopath men steered society in a bullshit direction, we're all suffering because they did it solely for the sake of money and their gibberish mental processes, and now the rest of society is really taking it in the face for a veritable 1%.

Dudes can talk shit about women being impressed by money and cars but HOLY SHIT if men are not the first to go down on a cock because a dude has money and car. He'll we'll show our ass, put him on a pedestal and sometimes vote idiots to president just for that.

Look a lot of this is that we don't want to admit we were victimized or just outright fooled. I'm cool with it. I've fallen for straight propaganda. Doesn't bother me. People who make propaganda are super smart and if they got you well shit, GGs. They did what they were supposed to. Men's Right Activists picked a bad name, then let bad actors have a voice and now its a mess.

That's where we are at. We also gotta start being the first ones to stop others from making fun of men who have been broken down by life in one way or another. All those men who got botched circumcissions...who do they talk to? SRK got uppity about it when I posted a vid years ago. You now what happens years after? Mew2King, the smash player, talks about how he is basically living with a botched circumcission and can essentially never have a health normal sex life.

Is what it is. But we really have to change the tone of how we discuss things affecting swaths of men. Lunatics have been running society for centuries, it has shaped how we think about it and we gotta stop taking what we take as face value of being a "man" as a natural given. Huge amounts of it are weird hogwash misinterpreted meme-a-tized and then reprocessed into gibberish later on.

29 minutes ago, Sonero said:

The name in itself is off putting to regular people.

Yeah, I started to type on this just as you were posting.  It's right there in the the name; as soon as it's men's "Rights" they're framing everything they talk about as adversarial toward women, no matter how little the subject may be actually about that.

It's because the fucking "thought leaders" don't actually care about the ideas- they really just want to commodify an audience of disgruntled people to market their shit to.

Not terribly different from Defund the Police- take a bunch of solid fucking suggestions and brand them in a way that forces you to align yourself with literal anarchy if you want to support them.  Gee, it's almost as if the branding isn't about the content.

Edited by Reticently
28 minutes ago, Gimpy said:

Happy Friday yall! Let's start it out great...like this...

It's funny how these type of sistas. Also wanna cry about black women not being protected. As if these types don't invite most of the danger and problems in their lives. If he was a dude that had no chill and had time for dat shit? She then be shouting "YoU aRgUiNg WiTh a FeMaLe" Looking around to the men in the area "NoNe oF yA gOnNa HeLp???" 

23 minutes ago, Sonero said:

Yes they did.  The name in itself is off putting to regular people.  Secondly they let random people kick it with them that were total dumbfucks. Which ultimately is how you ended up with Starhammer and all the dumbfuckery he would post on a daily basis.  The media that targets these men, and how these guys go about their swindling of men on the outs for various reason, is a fucking problem. Because any of those goobers saying some random dumb shit gets turned around and used as "SEE THIS IS HOW IT GOES".

***SNIP****

Look a lot of this is that we don't want to admit we were victimized or just outright fooled. I'm cool with it. I've fallen for straight propaganda. Doesn't bother me. People who make propaganda are super smart and if they got you well shit, GGs. They did what they were supposed to. Men's Right Activists picked a bad name, then let bad actors have a voice and now its a mess.

Men have always been the disposable sex.  They had no problem sending us to die in WW1, WW2, Korea and Vietnam.  But the crux of my argument is that they have spent so much time making sure Men don't have much reason to contribute that this next generation of men isn't going to fight for any Western nation.  Hell, I have a son and I'd straight up help him draft dodge because fuck dying for a country that hates him.  That's why I foresee shit going south in the future, look at those strong women who are fleeing Ukraine instead of fighting for their nation.  No big push from the feminists to join the front lines...🤔 

3 minutes ago, J-ride said:

Men have always been the disposable sex.

One more time:

Some sociopath men steered society in a bullshit direction,

Men are not the disposable sex because women made it so. Men in positions of power and their criminally insane thought processes figured out they could abuse other men into doing whatever bullshit they wanted.

3 minutes ago, Sonero said:

One more time:

Men are not the disposable sex because women made it so. Men in positions of power and their criminally insane thought processes figured out they could abuse other men into doing whatever bullshit they wanted.

It has always been that way, it wasn't steered that way.  Society was created on the bodies of dead men. Most of history is filled with men dying in droves for a cause or belief.  You are ignoring historical reality.  What I am saying is that their is no reason to fight for these feminist countries.  Let the women fight for their bitchmade nations. 

11 hours ago, AriesWarlock said:

😰

Eh, it will be fine.

Ronnie Raygun had literal Alzheimer and look at all the good things he did: he won the Cold War, he did the whole mercenary war thing in Central America that was so good they named a cool video games after it, he invaded a small Caribbean nation and won (take that, Kennedy!), he scared the Soviets so much with Able Archer they were almost convinced nuclear war was imminent, he invented the concept of "trickle-down economics" and unleashed Neoliberal thought upon the world and our welfare systems that still haunt us to this day, the whole AIDS thing...

On second thought, it might not be fine.

7 minutes ago, Phantom_Miria said:

Eh, it will be fine.

Ronnie Raygun had literal Alzheimer and look at all the good things he did: he won the Cold War, he did the whole mercenary war thing in Central America that was so good they named a cool video games after it, he invaded a small Caribbean nation and won (take that, Kennedy!), he scared the Soviets so much with Able Archer they were almost convinced nuclear war was imminent, he invented the concept of "trickle-down economics" and unleashed Neoliberal thought upon the world and our welfare systems that still haunt us to this day, the whole AIDS thing...

On second thought, it might not be fine.

To be fair, it seems pretty likely that Regan still would have done all of those things even if he was still mentally competent 🤷‍♂️

I don't dispute the importance of branding. There is a reason Republicans labeled the Affordable Care Act as "Obamacare". Telling people you are against the Affordable Care Act doesn't sound good. Labelling it with the name of someone they don't like though, makes it an easy sell. That said branding is part of the issue. The other issue is that if people don't want to hear what you have to say they will seek out the worst representative of your cause regardless of branding. They'll hone in on them to keep you from being heard.

You know it's probably less that Bidens not mentally sound and more that he's at an age where enough of his friends are dying one after another it's hard to keep track of who is alive and who is dead. I watched my grandfather go through this. Was mentally sound till the day he died but watching him try to get his book club together was depressing because half his rolodex had died in the last year or two and it was near impossible to remember who had and hadn't.  When you make it to your 80s all your friends and aquaintences and people you know...they all start dying one after another. 

Edited by RSG3

Actress Chloë Grace Moretz: I Got ‘Body Dysmorphia’ over ‘Family Guy’ Memes Mocking Me

Chloe%CC%88GraceMoretz-640x480.jpg

Actress Chloë Grace Moretz responded to what she called “horrific” Family Guy memes mocking her body, saying they contributed to body dysmorphia. “I basically became a recluse.”

Moretz told Hunter magazine that she began to feel “so much self-loathing” and confusion after attending a red carpet event at age 18, when she started to ask herself, “What am I doing? Who am I? Why am I doing this? Like, what does this mean?”

“And then came the onslaught of horrific memes that started getting sent to me about my body,” the Carrie actress said. “I’ve actually never really talked about this, but there was one meme that really affected me, of me walking into a hotel with a pizza box in my hand.”

Moretz went on to say that this particular photo “got manipulated into a character from Family Guy with the long legs and the short torso, and it was one of the most widespread memes at the time.”

“Everyone was making fun of my body and I brought it up with someone and they were like, ‘Oh, shut the fuck up, it’s funny,'” she continued.

“And I just remember sitting there and thinking, my body is being used as a joke and it’s something that I can’t change about who I am, and it is being posted all over Instagram,” Moretz lamented.

“It was something so benign as walking into a hotel with leftovers,” the actress told the magazine, adding that “to this day, when I see that meme, it’s something very hard for me to overcome.”

Moretz explained that she was “kind of sad,” after that, adding, “It took a layer of something that I used to enjoy, which was getting dressed up and going to a carpet and taking a photo, and made me super self-conscious.”

“And I think that body dysmorphia — which we all deal with in this world — is extrapolated by the issues of social media. It’s a headfuck,” she said.

The Let Me In actress added that she “basically became a recluse” in response to the Family Guy memes.

“It was great because I got away from the photographers and I was able to be myself, and to have so many experiences that people didn’t photograph, but at the same time it made me severely anxious when I was photographed,” she said. “My heart rate would rise and I would hyperventilate.”

^well, I guess eventually they'll start going back to "fix" various episodes of Family Guy since we can't have people of certain groups being hurt and offended. (**except heterosexual men of course; it's perfectly ok and encouraged for everyone else to shit on them 24/7....and then shit on them more when they happen to lash out or have the audacity to be sad and frustrated about it, since that's completely fair and reasonable.)

Reagan and now "Sleepy Joe" were/are clear proof there should be an age limit on who can be the President.  Joe always looks like someone who should really be taking it easy in a nursing home somewhere...like he probably doesn't even have much time left, tbh.

That woman in the road rage video is an especially dumb person... like she's living in some fantasy land where she's so sure there will be no consequences for actually getting out to confront some random person on the road.  Imagine if she ran up on a "DEEBO" type of dude that doesn't give a damn.  That could easily have ended up being the final moments of her life right there.  I am surprised she apparently forgot to wear her goddamn bonnet though.  She's obviously not following the latest dress-code rules of black womanhood.

Edited by MillionX

There should be age limits on political appointees like judges, but I kind of just wish voters could/would just fix the problem for elected positions.

US politics also has a ton of forty-somethings that are vapid mumblefucks.  Like, I'm not sure that "too many politicians are 67+ years old" is the exact root of our problem.

Edited by Reticently
4 hours ago, Sonichuman said:

Do you guys think there should be an age limit on being the President?

I'm not much of a fan of age limits as a concept, but for important executives positions I guess some limits would be fine, but I'd keep them high.

It reminds me of that time our brilliant politicians wanted to re-elect an 87 years old man as President, a position with a 7 years long mandate in Italy.

They succeeded too!

21 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Sorry you are in that situation man. Wish there was something we could do to help. 😔

hah... only if somebody on this forum is from Finland/Estonia/Lithuania and has a single hot friend/sister that I could "marry" to gain a secondary citizenship

not that it would work anyway