Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

The moon landing one annoys hell out of me. You can look through high powered telescope and see where they landed on the moon. See what was left behind etc. It's one of those things where I'll instantly lose respect for someone over. I get that somethings are convoluted an hard to verify on your own. The moon landing isn't one of them. It's up there with flat earthers idiocy.

Edited by Darc_Requiem
Just now, RSG3 said:

Am.i missing something? It links to a video of someone dancing with a glowing floating light pole?

That's the main twitter post but the one I'm pointing about specifically is a response that had a dude in a harry potter costume trying to repair a vase

When I clicked on the link it went right to it so I don't know why twitter is being weird.

6 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

The moon landing one annoys hell out of me. You look through high powered telescope and see where they landed on the moon. See what the left behind etc. It's one of those things where I'll instantly lose respect for someone over. I get that something are convoluted an hard to verify on your own. The moon landing isn't one of them. It's up there with flat earthers idiocy.

I don't think ANYTHING can top flat-earther idiocy except obvious crazy shit like "everyone's a reptile".

That's on another level to me. To doubt the earth is round, you have to throw out whole branches of science. And for what? Why or how does the earth being flat or round affect me? Everything else is the same.

35 minutes ago, axeman61 said:

I don't think ANYTHING can top flat-earther idiocy except obvious crazy shit like "everyone's a reptile".

That's on another level to me. To doubt the earth is round, you have to throw out whole branches of science. And for what? Why or how does the earth being flat or round affect me? Everything else is the same.

It's not even about science. You go to the beach and watch ship sail away. If the Earth was flat. It wouldn't disappear over the horizon.

2 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

The moon landing one annoys hell out of me. You can look through high powered telescope and see where they landed on the moon. See what was left behind etc. It's one of those things where I'll instantly lose respect for someone over. I get that somethings are convoluted an hard to verify on your own. The moon landing isn't one of them. It's up there with flat earthers idiocy.

For a time you could even see the flag on the moon with a high powered telescope.  Which is why the conspiracy is ridiculous, the Russians would have totally called us out on that shit if we faked it.

5 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Not only that, with a potent laser you can make an experiment where it is reflected towards you due equipment left behind for that purpose.

https://wtop.com/science/2019/07/the-experiment-still-running-on-the-moon-and-tv-re-runs-50-years-later/

3 minutes ago, AriesWarlock said:

In case anyone is wondering, the woman was wearing a baseball cap with the word “FUCK” emblazoned on it when she boarded the aircraft, before being asked to remove it by cabin crew. She was kicked off flight.

Why do people want to try it with the airline people?  There's plenty of evidence out there now that they're sick and tired of bullshit.  Do I think him going after this lady for words on a cap is a slippery slope?  Yeah a bit unless it is clearly written in the guidelines.  But why even try it especially when the Captain himself is coming out there and telling you straight up to take the hat off?  You could have taken the hat off, gone through with the flight, then filed a complaint afterwards if you felt he overstepped his bounds.  Nope...gotta get tossed off the plane.

1 hour ago, Daemos said:

It feels like an entire generation's brain has turned to mush. Were adults like this when we were kids?

Yes but social media changed the game. Sure everyone gets a voice...but that includes smart AND stupid. To this degree is why old media didn't want the masses to gain such power to sway/compel given to anyone. We should have gatekept more not less. 😆

3 hours ago, OPTIMUS124 said:

TyroneMagnus is going for that HodgeTwins angle. 

I saw that too.

How the fuck is a movie that's anti animal-cruelty with a villain who's basically a super-powered Adolf Hitler not woke/political at all? These people don't know what the hell they're saying. But I guess anything to chase that grifter bag. I know this dude wasn't like this before. I saw glints of him being like this around The Last of Us 2's drop though, so maybe it's a genuine descent.

Off that note,

This dude MUST be toast if he's groveling with this weak shit. Meg could have been someone's daughter or sister too.

Edited by axeman61
15 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

It's not even about science. You go to the beach and watch ship sail away. If the Earth was flat. It wouldn't disappear over the horizon.

I suspect that their response would be something like "that means the boat obviously found the edge, and fell off." -----or "See, there's some government tech that 'hides' the visual of the boat to make it seemingly disappear like magic...in order to maintain the Great Lie, see."

2 hours ago, TheInfernoman said:

How? Very easily...just look at the map! Not my fault the rest of the world knows NY or Hollywood more than Chicago. 🙃

No way Chicago isn't know well outside the U.S. If there's only one middle America city a foreigner can name? It's  Chicago

Edited by BB_Hoody
8 hours ago, AriesWarlock said:

In case anyone is wondering, the woman was wearing a baseball cap with the word “FUCK” emblazoned on it when she boarded the aircraft, before being asked to remove it by cabin crew. She was kicked off flight.

Is there a video of her being kicked off? I'd just like to see her when she is pulling the race card. 

BREAKING: Jury Finds Trump Liable For Sexual Abuse of E Jean. Carroll, Orders Him to Pay $5 Million in Damages

AP23128738971843-1200x800.jpg

A New York City jury reached a verdict in the civil rape trial against former President Donald Trump, finding he did sexually abuse her and commit battery, as well as finding him liable for defaming her, awarding a total of five million dollars in damages.

In 2019, E. Jean Carroll accused Trump of raping her in a New York City Bergdorf Goodman dressing room in the 1990s. Trump vociferously denied the accusations and launched a series of attacks on Carroll, all leading to her suing him for defamation and a separate civil claim for the alleged rape. The ex-president’s deposition included several shocking moments, including one where Trump — who had been adamant that Carroll was “not my type” — mistook a photo of her for his second wife, Marla Maples.

Trump had previously claimed that he would go to New York to “confront” Carroll, as well as disparaging the judge in the case as “extremely hostile,” but he did not actually testify at the trial or even attend it in person, despite the judge giving him multiple opportunities to testify and even one last chance to reopen his defense case with a deadline of Sunday. That did not stop the ex-president from complaining in a Truth Social post Tuesday morning about the case, falsely claiming he was “not allowed to speak or defend myself.”

As Law&Crime managing editor Adam Klasfeld reported, the verdict form used by the jury directed the jurors to analyze “various theories” under which they could find Trump liable under New York’s Adult Survivors Act, which allowed certain claims including sexual assault that were previously barred by statutes of limitation to be brought to court.

Essentially, the jurors were asked to decide if Trump “raped,” “sexually abused,” or “forcibly touched” Carroll, and a finding of “yes” for any of those would be enough to establish a claim of battery. The issue of whether Trump defamed her was decided separately, but was obviously closely intertwined, since the Trump comments Carroll said were defamatory were about him denying he raped her, calling her a liar, and so on.

Senior U.S. District Judge Lewis Kaplan took about 90 minutes to deliver the jury instructions. The jury would end up deliberating not much longer than that, less than three hours, to reach their verdict. As a civil matter, the standard was by a preponderance of the evidence, not the “beyond reasonable doubt” standard used in criminal cases.

The jury did not find Trump had raped Carroll, but did answer “yes” to the question of sexual abuse, sufficient to satisfy the battery claim, and also found that he had defamed her. The verdict was unanimous.

As a civil matter, Trump will not face criminal sanctions and will not have to register as a sex offender, but the jury did also decide the issue of monetary damages.

For the battery claim, the jury awarded Carroll damages of about $2 million, and then for the defamation claim additional damages of nearly $3 million, for a total of $5 million.

As Klasfeld reported, Carroll bolstered her case with the testimony of two friends, writer Lisa Birnbach and local TV anchor Carol Martin, whom she had told about the encounter with Trump in the immediate aftermath, as well as two other women who accused the ex-president of other acts of sexual misconduct.