Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

7 hours ago, Jion_Wansu said:

So, if this happens then it'll be a domino effect! Think the current homeless crisis is a crisis? Think again! If you can't pay the feds, social security and whatever else, then the whole economy tanks!

https://www.cnbc.com/2023/05/13/debt-ceiling-standoff-may-delay-social-security-medicare-military-other-federal-payments.html

Honestly it's been mismanaged for a good 30 years or so and honestly I've done all my retirement planning assuming I won't see a dime.  At this point I'd rather just opt out.

48 years ago today, April 26, 1975, the final episode of Kung Fu aired. It is an American action-adventure martial arts Western drama television series starring David Carradine. The series follows the adventures of Kwai Chang Caine, a Shaolin monk who travels through the American Old West, armed only with his spiritual training and his skill in martial arts, as he seeks Danny Caine, his half-brother.

Many of the aphorisms used in the series are adapted from or derived directly from the Tao Te Ching, a book of ancient Taoist philosophy attributed to the sage Lao-tzu.
The series aired on ABC from October 1972 to April 1975 for a total of 63 episodes. The series became one of the most popular television programs of the early 1970s, receiving widespread critical acclaim and commercial success upon its release.

On the week ending May 6, 1973, Kung Fu became the number one show on US television, drawing a regular audience of 28 million viewers. Around the same time, Bruce Lee's Hollywood debut Enter the Dragon was being completed. It was part of what became known as the "chopsocky" or "kung fu craze" after Hong Kong martial arts films such as Five Fingers of Death (King Boxer) and Bruce Lee's Fists of Fury (The Big Boss) topped the US box office in early 1973.

In its first season, 1972-1973, Kung Fu’s pilot was first aired as an ABC Tuesday Movie of the Week, which placed it in the range of the top 20 programs of the season, as determined by Nielsen Media Research.

Edited by AriesWarlock
8 hours ago, HD-Man said:

Nothing like being an innocent bystander of a shooting on Mothers Day and helping the victim while getting blood over you. My first instinct was to grab my sister and get tf outta dodge but she knew the guy as a friend so we helped get him off the floor atleast

At the time he was still breathing but seems as if he didnt make it according to the word out but im hoping for more positive news later. It's  crazy, im not shaken up mentally or physically  but I totally feel bad for a guy I don't even know. His girlfriend is angry and heartbroken, my sister is shook up a bit too. But we're WAY too desensitized to this type of crap in general cuz gun violence happens so often......

Why'd the dude get blasted?  Gang stuffs or some random beef?

35 minutes ago, AriesWarlock said:
48 years ago today, April 26, 1975, the final episode of Kung Fu aired. It is an American action-adventure martial arts Western drama television series starring David Carradine. The series follows the adventures of Kwai Chang Caine, a Shaolin monk who travels through the American Old West, armed only with his spiritual training and his skill in martial arts, as he seeks Danny Caine, his half-brother.

Many of the aphorisms used in the series are adapted from or derived directly from the Tao Te Ching, a book of ancient Taoist philosophy attributed to the sage Lao-tzu.
The series aired on ABC from October 1972 to April 1975 for a total of 63 episodes. The series became one of the most popular television programs of the early 1970s, receiving widespread critical acclaim and commercial success upon its release.

On the week ending May 6, 1973, Kung Fu became the number one show on US television, drawing a regular audience of 28 million viewers. Around the same time, Bruce Lee's Hollywood debut Enter the Dragon was being completed. It was part of what became known as the "chopsocky" or "kung fu craze" after Hong Kong martial arts films such as Five Fingers of Death (King Boxer) and Bruce Lee's Fists of Fury (The Big Boss) topped the US box office in early 1973.

In its first season, 1972-1973, Kung Fu’s pilot was first aired as an ABC Tuesday Movie of the Week, which placed it in the range of the top 20 programs of the season, as determined by Nielsen Media Research.

The original Kung Fu was pretty awesome, it's a shame it couldn't star Bruce Lee but honestly I'm not sure it would have had universal appeal at the time.  Even Kung Fu: The Legend Continues was pretty great, I really loved that show as a kid.  I watched both shows pretty religiously.

that reminds me, that new-era CW Kung Fu was canceled recently as well

https://deadline.com/2023/05/kung-fu-canceled-after-3-seasons-the-cw-1235357769/#!

I never had interest in it though.  For one, I don't recall if it had enough hot girls in the cast or not... at the very least, you could always count on the typical CW show for delivering on that.

Edited by MillionX
38 minutes ago, J-ride said:

The original Kung Fu was pretty awesome, it's a shame it couldn't star Bruce Lee but honestly I'm not sure it would have had universal appeal at the time.  Even Kung Fu: The Legend Continues was pretty great, I really loved that show as a kid.  I watched both shows pretty religiously.

The Legend Continues was my introduction. I watched it for a bit but it didn't hold me.

6 minutes ago, MillionX said:

that reminds me, that new-era CW Kung Fu was canceled recently as well

https://deadline.com/2023/05/kung-fu-canceled-after-3-seasons-the-cw-1235357769/#!

I never had interest in it though.  For one, I don't recall if it had enough hot girls in the cast or not... at the very least, you could always count on the typical CW show for delivering on that.

I didn't even know about this reboot. Watching the trailer, I don't like what I am seeing.

Funny how it was before

sexism in the temple lol

13 minutes ago, BB_Hoody said:

They're just gonna raise the debt ceiling. They're not pressed to stop kicking the can

It's not whether they're worried about kicking a can, it's about whether or not the Republicans think they can get Biden to make enough policy concessions to fuck his reelection chances.  If they don't think he's willing to hang himself, there are Republicans who would be perfectly happy to just let it all burn.  And McCarthy has to listen to them, or he forfeits his Speakership.

It'd be pretty fascinating to watch, if not for all the rest of us who like, need money to live.

Edited by Reticently
7 minutes ago, Reticently said:

It's not whether they're worried about kicking a can, it's about whether or not the Republicans think they can get Biden to make enough policy concessions to fuck his reelection chances.  If they don't think he's willing to hang himself, there are Republicans who would be perfectly happy to just let it all burn.  And McCarthy has to listen to them, or he forfeits his Speakership.

It'd be pretty fascinating to watch, if not for all the rest of us who like, need money to live.

Idk man. I've seen way too many times. The threat of a government shutdown being sensationalized. Only for the debt ceiling to be raises again and again.

No one wants those problems. Someone is gonna cave.

1 hour ago, RSG3 said:

Yea so what are we gonna lose this time instead?

True, somethings gotta give. But No one in government. Wants to be the one who stops kicking the can. And ushers in economic Armageddon. So whatever has to be sacrificed is worth it to them.

17 hours ago, J-ride said:

The original Raiden.

"...I will help you..."

EDIT:

Edited by Jion_Wansu

I just saw Antman Quantumania and I have to say that I took this movie to be racist. 

It's about a white family that came to harass a brother in his own hood that they have no business in. It's as if they invaded to colonize it. Also, Kang is black and there was a scene where there are so many of him.. I took that to be a metaphor about how "we all look alike". This reminds me of Loki season 1, where the plot point is basically a Karen version of Loki who is looking for the manager and she ends up wanting to fuck shit up after discovering this multiverse thing is a black owned business.

You'd think Disney would have thought this racial changing through properly?

Edited by zatalcon3
3 hours ago, Jion_Wansu said:

The Gummi Bears theme always gave me Kenny Loggins vibes. 

I'm biased, but I think the G1 intro as a whole is one of the better 80s themes. Explains the entire premise of the show, toyline, less than 1 minute, and has a pretty solid track. As a side, I hate how it seems like the G1 Transformers Intro is always captured from the Rhino DVD set with the dumbass sound effects. 

How it's meant to be heard . . . 

Pitiful shit... imagine being one of the people that has to work with trashy, worthless bastard kids like this every day.  It's surprising we don't hear about teachers and bus drivers etc. snapping on them way more often, imo.  

I wonder now what the statistic is on how many people tried but eventually just gave up on such careers, like "nah, fuck this I'm done." and they find a totally different career path asap.  

This isn't that new, imo--- I'll blame my own Gen-X as the start of the downfall, tbh.... even while I was in school, the difference between my peers and the class that was just a few years older (like the graduating class of 1993 and older) was noticeable.  It was like comparing a civilized group of people to few rooms filled with savage "Deebo" fools that are destined to be little more than an embarrassing blight on society.  It would only get progressively worse with each new generation that followed Gen-X, imo.

49 minutes ago, BornWinner said:

I knew Martha was an older woman, but I was way off on how old she was.

Snoop when Martha sends him his copy....

snoop-dogg-yes.gif

Edit: I'm sure I've mentioned this before, but she was model in her youth.

Spoiler

People forget that Martha Stewart was model in her youth.

5137b83369beddf35e000027?width=1000&form

5137b838ecad04cb43000001?width=1000&form

5137b839ecad04b641000016?width=1000&form

Edited by Darc_Requiem
3 hours ago, MillionX said:

Pitiful shit... imagine being one of the people that has to work with trashy, worthless bastard kids like this every day.  It's surprising we don't hear about teachers and bus drivers etc. snapping on them way more often, imo.  

I wonder now what the statistic is on how many people tried but eventually just gave up on such careers, like "nah, fuck this I'm done." and they find a totally different career path asap.  

This isn't that new, imo--- I'll blame my own Gen-X as the start of the downfall, tbh.... even while I was in school, the difference between my peers and the class that was just a few years older (like the graduating class of 1993 and older) was noticeable.  It was like comparing a civilized group of people to few rooms filled with savage "Deebo" fools that are destined to be little more than an embarrassing blight on society.  It would only get progressively worse with each new generation that followed Gen-X, imo.

https://www.amazon.com/MASTER-RESPECT-EVEN-LEARNED-DISRESPECT/dp/1478770406

This book was written by a man that was the resource officer at a school where I worked. He happens to be black and ex military, he grew up poor in the south and was able to become the highly respected and intelligent man that he is today despite any adversity.  He would have had the kids in this video cuffed on the ground in a millisecond.  I recommend the book to anyone that is dealing with kids and teens or even for someone that has issues  with respect themselves. 

4 hours ago, MillionX said:

The mental health damage these drivers go through is probably off the charts. I am actually surprised that there aren't many reports of school buses crashing off bridges, I can highly assume it must have crossed these drivers minds to go kamikaze with all them little shits. 

Edited by zatalcon3