Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

I found another youtube channel with the entire "Passions" series, so I have 2 options for it now at least.  If I had way more hdd space I'd probably just save the whole thing somehow... looking at it again after all these years, I'm realizing that I missed out on the beginning episodes so all of that has been completely "new" to me; I forgot at what point I discovered the show but it's been a fun watch so far; I'm up to episode 12 (it debuted way back in '99).  So....right from day 1 of the series, Theresa was obsessed with Ethan Crane, I see....it's also already at the point where Tabitha either created or summoned "Timmy" so he's in the mix now.  Also, Grace's twin and her daughter Charity just showed up.  heh, I just remembered there was a time when Kay allied herself with Tabitha, and learned some magic... and went on to create an evil zombie clone of Charity.  Man, this show was wild compared to any other soap opera in existence.  While other soaps just gave you the same ol' "scandals, love and betrayal" storylines, Passions was bringing wacky, absurd shit to the table on a regular basis.

It would be interesting to see how awful this would be if they tried rebooting it today.... I'm not sure why the era of the "daytime soap opera" went off a cliff in popularity in recent years... part of it may be a side effect of streaming services becoming way more popular than regular broadcast tv, I suppose.  It's not 100% dead though, as Gen. Hospital and a few CBS soaps are still on, and "Days" was moved over to the Peacock service. (*no way I'm getting the premium version of that just for Days and my other favorite nbc show Chicago PD though...besides I'm already caught up with Chicago at this point anyway.)

14 hours ago, Jion_Wansu said:

This was 30 years ago and Amtrak dropped the ball. Why didn't they just take those ICE trains?

Because decades ago car companies pushed to make the car the main method of transportation in the US, and now US trains suck/most people don't even want to try them.

Trains are super sick in other countries and will probably always be trash here.  gg

This result on this one was what I expected... though both are ridiculously overpowered characters:

*this also reminds me---it would be cool to see either of them get their own show... in Silver Surfer's case it would be the 2nd attempt; I don't think Martian Manhunter has actually had his own show before; in recent years he eventually showed up as a regular in the CW Supergirl show, and of course he was part of the legendary JLU series.

Edited by MillionX
3 hours ago, misterBee said:

Because decades ago car companies pushed to make the car the main method of transportation in the US, and now US trains suck/most people don't even want to try them.

Trains are super sick in other countries and will probably always be trash here.  gg

I've taken the train once. It's certainly more comfortable than most other commercial transit options. My gripe was that it took 9 hours to get to somewhere 4 hours away. A freight train was stuck and they have the priority on the railways. 

Just now, OPTIMUS124 said:

I've taken the train once. It's certainly more comfortable than most other commercial transit options. My gripe was that it took 9 hours to get to somewhere 4 hours away. A freight train was stuck and they have the priority on the railways. 

Amtrak in  parts of PA is like that.  East of Harrisburg (middle of the state) Amtrak maintains the rails and has right of way.  West of Harrisburg, Norfolk Southern maintains the rails, so every Amtrak train just sits for hours having to wait for every freight train that wants to squeeze through.

Y'know, when some dudes have the general look to get away with going bald...and they're losing hair, I don't get why they keep trying to hold on to whatever is left when they probably *can* get away with the look, especially considering that some women do indeed like it (*in case that's the concern).  I noticed in F&F's latest vids/appearances for a while now that it appears Myron was either using that weird "coloring" technique or had some hairplugs/implants or something going on, because it was noticeable that things were starting to look pretty thin in the hairline department previously.  Tim Pool is another one I thought of that seems to be weird about his balding status... there was footage of him looking seriously pissed when some dude suddenly snatched his hat off in public (a bit of a shitty thing to do, imo---I'm sure he did that specifically because people know that's an "issue" for him).....eh, just embrace that shit and shave the rest of it off; own the look.  

It is possible I am a bit biased on this issue though, as the shaved/buzzcut look has been my "style" forever.  I've only ever had a different hairstyle once (a low fade) and I quickly went back to the tried and true buzzcut or bald look.  I think the only ones who can't get away with it are dudes that have a strange headshape....when that's the case then yeah, I feel sorry for ya.

Edited by MillionX
1 hour ago, OPTIMUS124 said:

I don't use the train much because they're mad slow and the pricing isn't competitive either.

Most US passenger trains go like, 40-50 miles an hour.

Meanwhile if you go to China/Japan/Taiwan trains are going anywhere from 125 to 200 mph, and they're CHEAP.

More Vivek funnies

On 8/12/2023 at 11:11 PM, AriesWarlock said:

GOP Candidate Breaks Into Live Rap Performance At Iowa State Fair — To Near-Motionless Crowd 😆

Vivek Ramaswamy Hit With Cease and Desist From Eminem

Ramaswamy is known for using the song as his “walk out” music on the campaign trail and it’s generated some of the most viral moments from the 2024 candidates so far.

But according to TMZ, a letter obtained from Eminem’s liscencer, Broadcast Music Inc. asked the Ramaswamy campaign to stop using the artists songs immediately, effected August 23rd.

“BMI will consider any performance of the Eminem Works by the Vivek 2024 campaign from this date forward to be a material breach of the Agreement for which BMI reserves all rights and remedies with respect thereto,” the notice read.

As of Monday afternoon, the 2024 candidate has yet to address the letter publicly.

20-Year-Old Clip Of Ramaswamy Resurfaces In Which He Asks Presidential Candidate, ‘Why Should I Vote For the One With the Least Political Experience?’

A clip of 2024 presidential Vivek Ramaswamy asking then-2004 Democratic presidential candidate Al Sharpton surfaced online Monday in which the political upstart questioned Sharpton’s political experience, or lack thereof.

The clip is notable given that Ramaswamy, 38, is running for president despite having spent his entire career in the private sector.

During the October 27, 2003 edition of Hardball on MSNBC, host Chris Matthews moderated a town hall with Sharpton, who at the time was seeking the Democratic nomination. The moment was flagged by an obscure Twitter account with just five followers on Aug. 18, and it just started making the rounds on the platform Monday.

Just over seven minutes into the show, Ramaswamy, then 18 years old, asked Sharpton about his lack of government service:

RAMASWAMY: Reverend, Hello. I’m Vivek and I wanna ask you, last week on the show we had Senator Kerry, and this week and the week before, we had Senator Edwards. And my question for you is, of all the Democratic candidates out there, why should I vote for the one with the least political experience?

SHARPTON: Well, shouldn’t, because I have the most political experience.

[LAUGHTER]

SHARPTON: I got involved in the political movement when I was 12 years old and I’ve been involved in social policy for the last 30 years. So, don’t confuse people that have a job with political experience.

7:18^

Edited by AriesWarlock

Everyone STFU about politics today, it's my B-day. But I'm going to be lazy and post my tweets (or X posts) to show off what I have done today:

I haven't been to Knott's in YEARS. Park was dead so rides were easy to get on.

I am FAT on the food pass they had (20 bucks and I can eat a meal every 90 min? oh man...)  I'm thin but I have a GUT now.

Got some cards I ordered in the mail and my wife bought me a box of boosters. What's cool about those boosters is you can take two and shuffle and play. 

I'm home relaxing as it's HOT in SoCal. Getting a pizza then watching an older anime series I got my wife into. She's caught up over the years on everything from One Piece to Naruto to newer series (Tokyo Revengers/Black Clover) but of the major series she's never seen is Bleach and with the them finally covering the last arc, now I figured (even if the anime is low res for a chunk of it's run) is the best time to get her into it and she's liking it so far. 

I don't do much of anything wild for my day but at now 38, I am happy with a simpler day. 

1 hour ago, TheInfernoman said:

Everyone STFU about politics today, it's my B-day. But I'm going to be lazy and post my tweets (or X posts) to show off what I have done today:

I haven't been to Knott's in YEARS. Park was dead so rides were easy to get on.

I am FAT on the food pass they had (20 bucks and I can eat a meal every 90 min? oh man...)  I'm thin but I have a GUT now.

Got some cards I ordered in the mail and my wife bought me a box of boosters. What's cool about those boosters is you can take two and shuffle and play. 

I'm home relaxing as it's HOT in SoCal. Getting a pizza then watching an older anime series I got my wife into. She's caught up over the years on everything from One Piece to Naruto to newer series (Tokyo Revengers/Black Clover) but of the major series she's never seen is Bleach and with the them finally covering the last arc, now I figured (even if the anime is low res for a chunk of it's run) is the best time to get her into it and she's liking it so far. 

I don't do much of anything wild for my day but at now 38, I am happy with a simpler day. 

Happy birthday bruv!

Spoiler

You're the same age as Vivek Ramaswamy

10 hours ago, MillionX said:

Y'know, when some dudes have the general look to get away with going bald...and they're losing hair, I don't get why they keep trying to hold on to whatever is left when they probably *can* get away with the look, especially considering that some women do indeed like it (*in case that's the concern).  I noticed in F&F's latest vids/appearances for a while now that it appears Myron was either using that weird "coloring" technique or had some hairplugs/implants or something going on, because it was noticeable that things were starting to look pretty thin in the hairline department previously.  Tim Pool is another one I thought of that seems to be weird about his balding status... there was footage of him looking seriously pissed when some dude suddenly snatched his hat off in public (a bit of a shitty thing to do, imo---I'm sure he did that specifically because people know that's an "issue" for him).....eh, just embrace that shit and shave the rest of it off; own the look.  

Balding is a sign of aging. Like it or not, men are conscious about that. 

My barber let me know when I was in the chair for a cut that I was starting to thin out at the top. I was 28 at the time. I told her to go ahead and give me a really low Caesar. After that I started shaving my head.  

So my neighbor bebops to me and "says hey we heard about what's going on with your wife, I wanted to give you a few personal recommendations". I immediately knew where this was going. I had to restrain myself from the "FUQ IS THIS SHIT" retort. Why this dude start quoting the Dr. Sebi playbook? It irks me when people make those claims and don't understand that cancer is a unique situation and the stuff you bought from Vitamin Shoppe isn't it. 

Ohhhh yeah... I already knew when I noticed in comments on another youtube vid about the Starfield leaker/thief being from Tennessee----so immediately my thoughts went to "....Memphis, right?" 

Yes...yes OF COURSE that assumption was correct, as it always is:

https://www.polygon.com/23848817/starfield-leak-felony-theft-arrested

No, I will never get tired of laughing and pointing a finger at this pitiful trash-heap cesspool that's trying to pass as a "city".  It is one of those shameful "skidmarks" that will forever be an embarrassment to this entire country.

Edited by MillionX

Captain actually did good cooking today then immediately proceeded to dive off a cliff and ruin any good will he had built.😂

Instead of just cooking cabbage like a normal person, he decides to use leftover porkchops that ppl actually wanted, chop them up and throw them in the cabbage for NO reason. I was super pissed cuz I was counting on another pork chop to eat later, but nope. Lmao 

And he has a history of using the leftover food others cooked to make his shitty dishes . So not only is his food nasty, unhealthy (dude cooks with lard and doesnt drain grease) and looks awful, he's passing off other ppl's food as his own. What's worse is ppl repeatedly tell him his food is ass but he won't stop cooking.

Shit is actually hilarious in a way cuz he gets pissed when nobody eats despite ppl telling him exactly why they arent eating. None of his dishes make sense😂😂😂🤣

Edited by HD-Man
2 hours ago, HD-Man said:

Captain actually did good cooking today then immediately proceeded to dive off a cliff and ruin any good will he had built.😂

Instead of just cooking cabbage like a normal person, he decides to use leftover porkchops that ppl actually wanted, chop them up and throw them in the cabbage for NO reason. I was super pissed cuz I was counting on another pork chop to eat later, but nope. Lmao 

And he has a history of using the leftover food others cooked to make his shitty dishes . So not only is his food nasty, unhealthy (dude cooks with lard and doesnt drain grease) and looks awful, he's passing off other ppl's food as his own. What's worse is ppl repeatedly tell him his food is ass but he won't stop cooking.

Shit is actually hilarious in a way cuz he gets pissed when nobody eats despite ppl telling him exactly why they arent eating. None of his dishes make sense😂😂😂🤣

Jesus. Do you guys have youtube? Can't dude just get recipes from youtube? I got almost every recipe I use from youtube or chefs I trust from youtube (if there was no video). And people tell me I'm a decent cook. I've had some duds, but it seems like your dude is creating edible crimes daily.

Cooking seems like it should be a relatively easy thing to do as long as a person can just follow instructions and pay attention to the process.

That Starfield leaker/thief would've had a good thing going if he simply waited until the official launch day of the game....*then* start trying to sell all those copies.

He was released on bail if I recall, and has a court date for 9/08... so I guess theoretically he could actually be still playing the game along with the other fans when the game comes out....but he's facing 1 felony (theft above a certain amount) + some misdemeanors.

Hi guys, I'm in a bit of a pickle right now.

I've been dating a girl for 3 months, and recently discovered she's a member of a cult. She mentioned that she is restricted to have any form of  physical intimacy with non-members but she loves me very much anyway. After tonights date, she took me to a forest where her group was gathered. She unpacked rope, an apple, and a paint brush, and said I'd need to undress and lie on a tree stump soon. She then told me to dress down to my boxers so she can put red circles around my nipples. There were caged cats nearby too.  Obviously, I felt uneasy and due to that I told her I am going to the bushes a few yards away because I needed to take a shit (truth is, i was trying to find a way to get out of there). However, as I was about to run a thought just came into my head that maybe this could lead to something like a scene from "Eyes Wide Shut." So I'm now here, trying to get the fastest advice possible. I'm unsure if this is all a plot for me to be sacrificed (or even sodomized) or have my 1st orgy.

I can't ask them myself for what this is about because they are atheists so they will likely lie about what they want to do to me. 

Do you think this is a sacrificial ritual  or "Mr Peepee's best day ever"?