Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

On 1/15/2024 at 7:06 PM, AriesWarlock said:

Oh? Where are? I met a Canadian guy at a show a couple of years ago. He told me venues where metal shows would take place are so far from each other in Canada.

You might have an easier time catching shows in America.

I'm living in Boston now. Lots of shows to go to between Boston, Providence, and Hartford all within an hour from me.

Random thought--- y'know, even if there was a formal "Disclosure Event" from the President about the info the government has on aliens and all that.... at this point there's been so many decades of lies and coverups, misinformation, most people probably wouldn't believe it anyway.  I imagine it would be a live presentation on all major networks like a "special announcement from the President"....it would be interesting to see what would happen next after it though, but I don't think a lot of people would believe it anyway....some would write it off as "convenient timing" if it were close to any major election, or political grandstanding by one side or the other, or more lies for some other motive, etc.  That's a shame but I'd still like to see the results when/if that day happens.

The only way most *would* believe it would be if like the beginning of some sci-fi story, everyone notices a large mothership and countless drones have appeared in the sky all of a sudden, and they show up to formally introduce themselves and explain some things....at least that way it would be undeniable truth that everyone can see right there at the same time.

Edited by MillionX

Yeah that was a movie specific thing.

When I saw the first movie, I assumed the writers just gave the psychic protection trait of Juggernauts helmet to Magnus to not make Xavier overpowered (in addition to sidelining him in the climax of the first 3 movies or killing him)

From the 70s-90s comics, Xavier has always been able to use his telepathy against Magnus when wearing the helmet .

This carried through to X-Men TAS as well.

Though ,most of the time in the Claremont era Xavier was rarely in direct battle with the X-Men against Magnus.

man, I don't even remember that detail; at the time I think my assumption was that Xavier just refrained from using his powers in that way... especially against someone he still had some measure of respect for as an old friend even though their perspectives/ideology on humans vs. mutants was at odds.

1 hour ago, VirginDefiler said:

doctamario gonna haveta quit his job.

robots took his job

I saw another one of those playing a different song, want to say it was Metallica or something and it was pretty interesting. They sound like beginner guitar & drum students I used to teach.

They do ok getting the bare basic chords and beats down but there's a lot of nuanced stuff, like the little percussive attacks Cobain would make before he changed chords in the chorus section, or the little snare ticks Grohl would make here and there that are a big part of the riffs that are missing.  They're not bad but I'm not worried yet 🤣

57 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

I saw another one of those playing a different song, want to say it was Metallica or something and it was pretty interesting. They sound like beginner guitar & drum students I used to teach.

They do ok getting the bare basic chords and beats down but there's a lot of nuanced stuff, like the little percussive attacks Cobain would make before he changed chords in the chorus section, or the little snare ticks Grohl would make here and there that are a big part of the riffs that are missing.  They're not bad but I'm not worried yet 🤣

There is definitely something to be said for fine motor control. As you mentioned, these machines can play note for note consistently every time, but there lacks something both in expression and the nuance in playing the song that the machines simply don't have. 

18 hours ago, DangerousJ said:

Yeah that was a movie specific thing.

When I saw the first movie, I assumed the writers just gave the psychic protection trait

Honestly it was a great call to add to the mythos and something they still use in the comics. 

On 1/17/2024 at 3:28 AM, TheInfernoman said:

WOMEN WEDNESDAY: Fortnite edition:

That there is a prostitute. 

n a bid to end truancy, a controversial Ohio bill with bipartisan support would pay students up to $500 a year to attend class.

The pilot programs would also pay an extra $250 for students who graduate high school.

One of the bill’s sponsors, State Rep. Dani Isaacsohn (D-Cincinnati) said, “We went from 15% pre-pandemic to over 31% in this most recent school year. That’s almost a third of our ninth-graders that spend their first year of high school missing more than 10 percent of their school days. This is the number one issue we are facing in education.”

The second sponsor, Republican State Rep. Bill Seitz (R-Cincinnati), said other incentive programs to keep kids in school haven’t worked.

“So, we’ve tried pizza day and we have tried playground hours and we have tried all kind of foo-foo stuff. It doesn’t seem to work,” Seitz said. “So let us talk about the immediacy of a payment in cash. Cash is king. Cold, hard cash. In God we trust, all others pay cash.”

The Statehouse News Bureau reported:

The bill would set up a pilot project that would focus on kindergartners and ninth-graders in public schools that have high absenteeism and high dropout rates. If it is successful in raising the attendance rate and lowering the number of dropouts, the sponsors said it could be expanded statewide.

A total of $1.5 million has been set aside for the initial pilot project. But the sponsors added the savings in not having to provide extra money for dropout recovery or other interventions could help pay for the program.

Opponents of the bill, like State Rep. Josh Williams (R-Sylvania), emphasized that state law already required minors to attend school.

“Why are we going to pay kids to follow the law?” Williams asked. “We have laws in place that say ‘You cannot skip school. You cannot be truant. You can be criminally charged and penalized…I mean, are we going to get to the point where we are paying rapists not to rape?”

3 minutes ago, AriesWarlock said:

Opponents of the bill, like State Rep. Josh Williams (R-Sylvania), emphasized that state law already required minors to attend school.

“Why are we going to pay kids to follow the law?” Williams asked. “We have laws in place that say ‘You cannot skip school. You cannot be truant. You can be criminally charged and penalized…I mean, are we going to get to the point where we are paying rapists not to rape?”

Lmao what!?! Paying kids for what is technically forced work leads to paying rapists not to rape? The fuck kind of leap is that lol

Edited by RSG3
19 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

No Way What GIF by NBA

What? It is. You force them to go there and do mental work. It's work. Wether you think they should be paid for it we can debate but you really gonna sit here and tell me it isn't work? Make them get up, go to somewhere for a set amount of hours, make them engage in mental work, it's training for the day they have a job, they even call the shit they send you home with home WORK, so not sure why the sass lol. 

Edit: In fact it's way more forced then any job I've ever had. I can just not show up for work. Sure I get fired but thats my choice. In Texas I was consistantly 2 to 3 minutes late to school. 

They sent me to truancy court.

I almost went to Juvinile Hall for being 3 minutes late to class. It's actually worse then work, I've never had the threat of being removed from my home and placed somewhere else for being late to work lol. My boss can't get me arrested like the school can lol..

Edited by RSG3
30 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

What? It is. You force them to go there and do mental work. It's work. Wether you think they should be paid for it we can debate but you really gonna sit here and tell me it isn't work? Make them get up, go to somewhere for a set amount of hours, make them engage in mental work, it's training for the day they have a job, they even call the shit they send you home with home WORK, so not sure why the sass lol. 

Edit: In fact it's way more forced then any job I've ever had. I can just not show up for work. Sure I get fired but thats my choice. In Texas I was consistantly 2 to 3 minutes late to school. 

They sent me to truancy court.

I almost went to Juvinile Hall for being 3 minutes late to class. It's actually worse then work, I've never had the threat of being removed from my home and placed somewhere else for being late to work lol. My boss can't get me arrested like the school can lol..

You're talking like these kids are being loaded into forced labor camps and and made to work for for-profit companies for free. I'm not the biggest proponent of how the public school system operates these, but education is one of the only things standing between some of these kids as they are and them becoming basically feral. Paying them to do something they should be doing anyway reminds of that Chris Rock bit where he talks about dudes wanting credit for never having been to jail and for taking care of their kids as if those aren't base level behaviors. I'm not saying incentivizing kids a bit doesn't help, but paying them? I dunno.

And while the whole "paying rapists not to rape" sounds alarmist and ridiculous on its face, it's the logical conclusion of having low enough expectations to believe that paying kids to do something they should be doing anyway is the way. Because what they get as kids is what they expect as adults.

30 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

You're talking like these kids are being loaded into forced labor camps and and made to work for for-profit companies for free.

No I'm not. I didnt act like anything. I said they are forced to work. Thats all I said. I never said it was for some labor camp for profit company you literally made that up. I said they are forced to go and work by the compelling of law which as an adult you don't actually have to deal with. My boss can't get me arrested for not going. I gotta tell you this doesn't compelling me to read the rest of the post Mario you've literally made up a strawman position for me dude. 

Edited by RSG3