Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

13 minutes ago, DangerousJ said:

2) In my  brief time (6 weeks) in a North Carolina town for my psych rotation, this one 6ft Leslie Jones looking patient came up to me and said 

Baby touch my pussy" 

Hmm.. While that woman is obviously nasty looking, just remember that hands on ugly pussy is better than your hands on your crotch imagining pussy.

There are times where men have to retire the hand and just be content with fat ugly girls. 

15 hours ago, DoctaMario said:

Americans have a narrow scope of "race" anyway and her take is in line with that. But what can you really expect from someone who took on a Jewish last name was as a stage name because she thought it would endear her to the space laser controllers in Hollywood (and before anyone brings it up, her having German/Jewish heritage was debunked.) 

I'm honestly more bummed that she's yet another celebrity who used to be funny and talented but decided it was better to use the attention she gets now make shitty hot takes and political snipes. There's a part of me that wonders what Bill Hicks would have thought about what's going on and what he'd be like now, but then there's another part of me that's glad he's still dead in case he turned into some snide smug asshole like a lot of other folks seem to have.

I haven't watched the full clip of what Whoopi said so I only have what I've read and seen about it so far and you're probably right on "Americans having a narrow scope of race".  Based off what I know, I see what Whoopi was trying to say but believe she went about it in a manner that missed the mark since it sounds like she's talking about race as it pertains in its most shallowest sense which is skin pigmentation.  There's an example in Maus that is essentially what she's trying to get across where the protagonist is spotted by some children and they immediately yell out to their parents about him being Jewish and say he's going to get them and the protagonist actually goes up to the children and tells them he's not jewish and they don't need to be afraid of him.  Whoopi was trying to say that someone with more color in their skin was in this predicament they wouldn't have been able to even attempt this.  She was trying to talk about nuance and ended up failing.

Also to anyone who hasn't read Maus I definitely recommend it, I'm probably going to make my son read it once he gets of age.

Edit:  Funny enough some schools trying to ban the book ended up with the book having a resurgence in sales so good for Art

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/01/28/maus-amazon-bestseller-after-tennessee-school-ban.html

Edited by Sonichuman
32 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

Funny enough some schools trying to ban the book ended up with the Book having a resurgence in sales so good for Art

Its the only outcome that comes from banning things. This is the best free publicity the book could possibly get. "We dont want anyone reading this!" makes everyone wanna read it and find out why. Its why censorship is fucking dumb as shit at the very face of it.

13 minutes ago, Chadouken said:

I didn't realize Jews considered themselves a separate race. Can't there be black Jews? I always thought it was an ethnicity, whereas race was a biological characteristic.

ok soooo as my ex explained it. it has to do with the original tribes from israel...i believe its 9 tribes. in terms of religion anyone can convert but as a race you have to be from those tribes. i believe they only consider ethopians as part of that for black jewish. when i went there...there were alot of ethiopians who are essentially refugees i believe. but to be race wise considered jewish you have to trace yourself back to those tribes.

Edited by Maxx

Yea Jewish is both and really complicated. I got glimpses of it with my cousin as him and his father where Jewish, but his dad was JEWISH...like from there. It was cool tho, for me personally, to get to see another religion and life style practiced the way (my 8 or so year old understanding of it) Christians practiced theirs. Ironically was what helped turn me away from religion as a life guide because I had two groups both telling me they where more right lol.

43 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

Funny enough some schools trying to ban the book ended up with the Book having a resurgence in sales so good for Art

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/01/28/maus-amazon-bestseller-after-tennessee-school-ban.html

multiple book stores and comic shops all across the country are also sending any student in Tennessee the book for free as well. 

3 hours ago, Maxx said:

ok soooo as my ex explained it. it has to do with the original tribes from israel...i believe its 9 tribes. in terms of religion anyone can convert but as a race you have to be from those tribes. i believe they only consider ethopians as part of that for black jewish. when i went there...there were alot of ethiopians who are essentially refugees i believe. but to be race wise considered jewish you have to trace yourself back to those tribes.

from what i remember its more like this.

anyone can be jewish meaning converts.

but for you to be truly "jewish" you haveta be born from a jewish mother. jewish dad means nothing.

for example lenny kravitz isnt truly jewish cuz dad is jewish but not mom.

its why jewish mothers dgaf if daughters marry outside the race but the son must marry jewish girl.

when solomon the hebrew king was in love with the visiting queen of ethiopia/sheba...the prophet of his time told him he couldnt marry her cuz the kids wouldnt be jewish. which bummed both him and the queen of sheba. and she broke out and went back to her homeland.

3 hours ago, VirginDefiler said:

from what i remember its more like this.

anyone can be jewish meaning converts.

but for you to be truly "jewish" you haveta be born from a jewish mother. jewish dad means nothing.

for example lenny kravitz isnt truly jewish cuz dad is jewish but not mom.

its why jewish mothers dgaf if daughters marry outside the race but the son must marry jewish girl.

when solomon the hebrew king was in love with the visiting queen of ethiopia/sheba...the prophet of his time told him he couldnt marry her cuz the kids wouldnt be jewish. which bummed both him and the queen of sheba. and she broke out and went back to her homeland.

Lol and this is where it gets funky. I told a jewish american that about the mother thing and she got into it with me online. So apparently some sects dont do the whole mother means your truly jewish thing.. I imagine thats jews outside of Israel. 

Edited by Maxx
5 minutes ago, Maxx said:

The nfl are fucking funny with their hiring shit. Claim no racism in their process, but won't bring in a dude with a winning record and hire someone who's never coached in the nfl lol

Black coaches have winning records and get canned. Josh McDaniels failed in Denver and then left Indy hanging after accepting the job. That motherfucker gets a third shot. Bienemy can't even get a first shot. Jim Caldwell takes the Colts to the Super Bowl has 2 winning season out of 3 with his losing season being the one where Peyton Manning was out for the year and gets canned. Goes Detroit has three winning seasons in 4 years. Has more success that the previous half century of coaches and gets canned after going 9-7.  The racism is obvious to anyone playing attention. Hell a few years ago they wanted to run Tomlin out of Pittsburgh. Tomlin has NEVER had a losing season. He has won a Super Bowl and has taken teams that have no business being above .500 to the playoffs. 

Comet network earlier today was showing The Fly...the 80s version.  I hadn't seen it since that was a new movie.  That shit was so cool at the time... for me it's the best, most memorable character that Jeff Goldblum played....even though most of his performances end up being the same dude/mannerisms, really... I think of that character first whenever I see him in anything.  By a longshot, this movie had the most disgusting visuals I had ever seen.  Unfortunately, it was too much for "Comet" network and they had to blur some of the more grotesque scenes... with that being the case---I wonder why even show this movie?  Part of the reasons this film was remembered was the gross visual effects, like when he broke that dude's arm in the arm-wrestling scene, and dissolved things with his puke.

This story was terribly depressing though...probably why it's not a good "rewatchable" film for most people, I bet.  At first things seem cool for Brundle, as he is superhuman for a while after the teleport/transport process seemed successful.... then it was a gradual decline as he became more of a deformed monster.  The final scenes of this movie were the saddest shit I had seen in a movie back then as a kid....haha actually that's a bit crazy that my parents were even ok with me watching that.  

Edited by MillionX
7 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Hell a few years ago they wanted to run Tomlin out of Pittsburgh. Tomlin has NEVER had a losing season. He has won a Super Bowl and has taken teams that have no business being above .500 to the playoffs

There are ALWAYS people in Pittsburgh calling for Tomlin to be canned, even in the really good seasons.  The guy is better than this place deserves.

1 hour ago, Reticently said:

There are ALWAYS people in Pittsburgh calling for Tomlin to be canned, even in the really good seasons.  The guy is better than this place deserves.

I'm guessing it's the spoiled fans who are bitter about Tomlin only winning one SB in 14 years as a coach.

21 hours ago, Sonichuman said:

Whoopi was trying to say that someone with more color in their skin was in this predicament they wouldn't have been able to even attempt this.  She was trying to talk about nuance and ended up failing.

Also to anyone who hasn't read Maus I definitely recommend it, I'm probably going to make my son read it once he gets of age.

Edit:  Funny enough some schools trying to ban the book ended up with the book having a resurgence in sales so good for Art

Whoopi failed because she's acting like black folks are the only ones easily observable characteristics, which is a really ignorant thing to think. You look at Harvey Weinstein, Lisa Edelstein, Eli Wiesel, Adam Sandler, there's no denying that they're Jews because there is absolutely a Jewish "look" just like there's an Armenian look, an Irish look, an Italian look, a native American look. Not every member of these groups has that look but there are plenty that do and can't deny their ancestry because of it.

I don't believe that Americans are alone in having a rather kindergarten conception of race, we just talk about it more than other places do. But people saying ignorant stuff like what she said, while I'm not personally offended by it and don't think it's as big a deal as, say, the shit Nick Cannon said (and dude now has a daytime talk show LOL) it's still ignorant and should be regarded as such and she should be checked.

As for that Maus book, yeah I agree it's dumb to ban it, especially since the kids in question were 8th graders and 7th/8th grade is the beginning of where you can talk about difficult stuff like that with kids and they can understand some of the nuance of it. It's not like the instances where you have idiots trying to teach kindergarteners about slavery and anal sex.

Edited by DoctaMario
5 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

Whoopi failed because she's acting like black folks are the only ones easily observable characteristics, which is a really ignorant thing to think. You look at Harvey Weinstein, Lisa Edelstein, Eli Wiesel, Adam Sandler, there's no denying that they're Jews because there is absolutely a Jewish "look" just like there's an Armenian look, an Irish look, an Italian look, a native American look. Not every member of these groups has that look but there are plenty that do and can't deny their ancestry because of it.

I don't believe that Americans are alone in having a rather kindergarten conception of race, we just talk about it more than other places do. But people saying ignorant stuff like what she said, while I'm not personally offended by it and don't think it's as big a deal as, say, the shit Nick Cannon said (and dude now has a daytime talk show LOL) it's still ignorant and should be regarded as such and she should be checked.

As for that Maus book, yeah I agree it's dumb to ban it, especially since the kids in question were 8th graders and 7th/8th grade is the beginning of where you can talk about difficult stuff like that with kids and they can understand some of the nuance of it. It's not like the instances where you have idiots trying to teach kindergarteners about slavery and anal sex.

Excuse Me Reaction GIF by Mashable

I'm sorry...was this actually a thing?  I'm genuinely curious

18 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

It's not like the instances where you have idiots trying to teach kindergarteners about slavery and anal sex.

In PR we get taught in school about slavery and general PR history from first grade. We know how slaves got there and that indians got their shit wrecked by the spaniards very early on. Only people not wanting that taught are the ones trying to hide it.

Not the anal sex though. That I learned from the one random kid  in your class that has odd older brothers who tell him too much weird shit.

3 minutes ago, J-ride said:

Kindergarten is probably too young to be taught about slavery.  I could see maybe 2nd grade, conceptually it's a little much to throw on kids who are just learning to read.  The sex stuff being taught to kids that age is absolutely ridiculous.

You can teach about slavery in context to k. You just bring it to their levels. Kids should understand judging people based on color is wrong as early as possible. Trust me.. Racists are doing the exact same. They dont wait til a kids "mature" to throw hate filled ideals at them.. So why should we wait? 

51 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Yeah it must suck having only the second most successful coach over the past 15 years.....

@iStu XSo that's where Sonny Kiss has been 👀

On dark. He was teaming with lethal not that long ago. Also stu doesn't follow mainstream wrestling like that anymore

Edited by Maxx
4 minutes ago, Dayaan said:

Are you sure about that?

actor-paul-rudd-speaks-about-his-latest-

DoctaMario did say that not everyone fits the idea of the "Jewish" look but there are some that have undeniable features.  Also did not know that Paul Rudd was Jewish.

Also I'm not gonna lie on this but I can't tell who is Jewish from looking at them through physical features.  I know there are some stereotypical features that some associate with being jewish but I don't assume anything.  I have to be flat out told.

25 minutes ago, Maxx said:

You clearly don't play melty blood

Alhamdulillah!

20 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

DoctaMario did say that not everyone fits the idea of the "Jewish" look but there are some that have undeniable features.  Also did not know that Paul Rudd was Jewish.

Also I'm not gonna lie on this but I can't tell who is Jewish from looking at them through physical features.  I know there are some stereotypical features that some associate with being jewish but I don't assume anything.  I have to be flat out told.

Oh I was just referencing this:

Timestamped for your enjoyment...

cheh, there was a cute jewish girl in classes with me in gradudate school.. I definitely would've pounced if she was down for it.  I tried to e-stalk her some years ago when social media started becoming a thing, but to no avail... she has quite a common name, unfortunately...and she's not on the "friend-list" of any former classmates I bothered to keep up with.

Y'know, I forgot when they started teaching my generation about slavery and other horrible shit in history... it was early on, I think... maybe 2nd or 3rd grade?  The "Social Studies" part of class was the most boring part of the day, I remember... it was easy to zone out on that shit and start sketching in my notebook... usually I was drawing aliens and spaceships at the time...sometimes mutated creatures and superheroes.  School wasn't yet at the point where I hated it in the elementary years...homework was annoying, and I would rather have been at home chilling out with some games and my action figures but other than that it was alright.  The junior high years though...that was the trash heap.

Hasbro TF Reveals..

Studio Series 86 Sludge  (probably $50) 

(It will probably be around 8.5 inches tall like the recent Grimlock and slag SS86 figures from last year.)

7RT8EzY.png

QNLRlEi.png

Legacy Iguanus ($10)

Similar to ROTF Bludgeon from 2009, his robot mode is outer Pretender Shell which converts to a motorcycle of his inner form.

kjxlApA.jpg

DkH4QC7.jpg

Core Class Spike Witwicky in Exo-suit  ($10)

(

ujdmYkH.jpg

nS77mXv.jpg