Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

Jesus. NFTs are one of those topics where every time I think "it can't get any dumber", the universe says "Oh yeah?!"

My brain fractures when trying to comprehend why the fuck these things are popular or why so much money is spent on them. I'm dumb on a lot of things, but every time I hear something NFT related, it has "pump and dump" written all over it.

1 hour ago, axeman61 said:

Jesus. NFTs are one of those topics where every time I think "it can't get any dumber", the universe says "Oh yeah?!"

My brain fractures when trying to comprehend why the fuck these things are popular or why so much money is spent on them. I'm dumb on a lot of things, but every time I hear something NFT related, it has "pump and dump" written all over it.

Half the time when I hear a new pitch for a new NFT I have to do some research because I can't tell if it is a real NFT or a joke post by someone making fun of NFTs.

2 minutes ago, Sonero said:

My favorite part about this is that this is some random guy just saying he suddenly owns colors and can sell them.

I'm sure you do. Because that's exactly how life works.

I don't see his nations flag planted on the color Green 

😁

Edit: We need a better selection of emotes across the board. 

Edited by RSG3
3 minutes ago, Sonero said:

My favorite part about this is that this is some random guy just saying he suddenly owns colors and can sell them.

I'm sure you do. Because that's exactly how life works.

Even owning a copyright isn't all that useful unless you have enough money to have a legal team to go out and chin check people for using it the way Nintendo does.

53 minutes ago, J-ride said:

Even owning a copyright isn't all that useful unless you have enough money to have a legal team to go out and chin check people for using it the way Nintendo does.

It doesn't even take that much effort to enforce a copyright.

But the court already ruled that you can't claim single notes or even chord progressions in music. Which court are you going to go and claim you can own a whole ass color without getting laughed at? I get NFT people are dumb but jesus fuck.

...and so another Hellish Monday begins.  I'll be glad when our workload finally gets back to normal.  The Pandemic truly made almost everything much worse and more stressful.  Before all this nonsense, I enjoyed getting in on that overtime money on a regular basis whenever it was an option.... now?  Sheeeitttt, no  way in hell... I haven't done any serious, intended overtime since that summer of 2020. (*one occasion where I logged in on a Saturday to get something done, and was told to go on and get OT credit for that; I was originally going to just keep that "off record", really.)  Ever since that point... now the regular situation is that I'm counting down the hours, minutes and seconds until my regular logout time.....or often wondering how great it would be to just randomly win a Powerball jackpot and go into "early retirement" ASAP once that big money hit.  Really, I will probably never even consider doing overtime again unless it was mandated.

...I never got these people who come back after retirement...y'know, the ones that *could* afford to just retire...but they still desire to do something.  Nah, once I'm retired that's it.  My plan would be to do absolutely nothing resembling work for the rest of my life.  If that's just the simple act of playing video games and watching youtube for years at a time then yeah...that's perfectly fine with me.   Fuck all that "busy-work" nonsense.

Edited by MillionX

Just finished watching season 3 of 'The Sinner' series in Netflix;  Bill Pullman as a defective aging detective is op af. Thoroughly enjoyed the 8 eps from start to finish; excellent writing, amazing acting and the story pacing is just right, like peeling an onion. I enjoyed the premise of the story; why seemingly normal folks commit horrible crimes. Can't wait for season 4; hope it continues the hype!

7 hours ago, MillionX said:

..., I will probably never even consider doing overtime again unless it was mandated.

This is about where I am, I used to really help out my leadership team but the last couple of years they just expected me to pull 50-60 hour weeks because they kept hiring lazy ass slackers who won't even pull a 40 hour week.  I finally got tired of it and told them if they wanted to hire people like that they could fill the gaps after a stretch of working 14 days straight and getting a ton over overtime.  It's just not worth it once you pay taxes on all that OT pay.  Management has repeatedly had to cover weekends at my job because the rest of us are tired of covering for their lazy ass pets.  They are salty AF about it, but it's their own fault so I don't feel bad for them.

New Covid variant BA.2 is 1.5 times more infectious than original Omicron

The strain has already become dominant in Denmark and the country's top infectious disease authority, Statens Serum Institut (SSI), said preliminary calculations suggest BA.2 could be 1.5 times more infectious than its predecessor BA.1 — which currently makes up most of the cases in Britain.  

However, an initial analysis by the institute showed no difference in the risk of hospitalisation for BA.2 compared to BA.1. 

'There is some indication that it is more contagious, especially for the unvaccinated, but that it can also infect people who have been vaccinated to a greater extent,' SSI's technical director Tyra Grove Krause said at a briefing. 

The variant is now circulating in more than half of US states, with at least 127 known cases nationwide, the Centers for Disease Control and Protection (CDC) revealed yesterday. 

1 hour ago, J-ride said:

This is about where I am, I used to really help out my leadership team but the last couple of years they just expected me to pull 50-60 hour weeks because they kept hiring lazy ass slackers who won't even pull a 40 hour week.  I finally got tired of it and told them if they wanted to hire people like that they could fill the gaps after a stretch of working 14 days straight and getting a ton over overtime.  It's just not worth it once you pay taxes on all that OT pay.  Management has repeatedly had to cover weekends at my job because the rest of us are tired of covering for their lazy ass pets.  They are salty AF about it, but it's their own fault so I don't feel bad for them.

It was worth it for me financially, even though I don't get the 1.5x bonus for OT... but in terms of the stress, the changes brought on by the pandemic [UI/Pandemic benefits system] are what killed it for me.  Workload increased by a ridiculous % starting from that first week around mid-March 2020 where basically everything that wasn't a grocery store shut down.  It's the increase in workload and the confusion that happens when a new, rushed benefit program born out of panic suddenly gets thrown into the mix with regular UI + an extension + (*also with seemingly no consideration on how certain policies/procedures may be in conflict with other things in the new program) that extra weekly bonus money they decided to implement on top of that....which made it that much more tempting for the average person to commit fraud. (heh, the concept of "honor" and any "moral high ground" with our species has always been a joke, imo...it seems like most people will do all kinds of dirt if they figure there's a good chance they can get away with it...that's just how humans are.)  

...and it's on top of dealing with this program application I've mentioned before..... it's nothing but a headache on a daily basis...a headache that puts one in the mood to punch something.

oh, and there's other things as well..it was like a domino effect of 1 shitty situation (global pandemic..and humans being collectively too stupid to ever learn from the past and figure out what should be done in this situation...just watch how the next one will have the human race "caught off guard" as if it's something we've never seen before again.) being the catalyst for another one, and another one and so on until you have this mountain of bullshit going on ...haha I could write a book on that shit, basically.  

Edited by MillionX
10 minutes ago, J-ride said:

I will eats bugs, crayfish, lobster, muscles and anything else so long as it tastes good.  Though there are a few things I've tried i will never eat again unless I am starving.  I'd have to be really hungry to ever eat surströmming again.  That was bar none the most disgusting thing I have ever eaten.

That stuff and Lutefisk would be a pretty rough mental hurdle.