Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

28 minutes ago, OPTIMUS124 said:

You're right, but he still married her. Love is complex. Unless there is some weird stuff going on inside the house, the divorce won't be a problem. 

For sure.  But once he's past the mourning phase for the relationship, he's now in a position to go out and get a massive relationship upgrade.  His stock as a potential partner has almost certainly gone way up in the nine years since he got with his wife, as tends to happen for guys who have their shit together.

1 hour ago, Reticently said:

Meh, that's an upgrade.  Why would you want to stay with someone who would leave you for a 19 year old kid?

Time spent in the relationship outside of marriage + cost of getting married + time spent in the marriage + w/e other things you did for your wife from prioritizing her, The complete destruction of your ability to trust any broad that comes along ever + all the things you are likely to lose in your divorce.

If this is all there is to the story, taking his side as accurate in good faith, man lost way more than just some awful broad.

7 minutes ago, Sonero said:

Time spent in the relationship outside of marriage + cost of getting married + time spent in the marriage + w/e other things you did for your wife from prioritizing her

Thing is, those are sunk costs he's already out even if they stayed together.  If she's shitbag enough to go all Woody Allen with some kid they were helping out, that wasn't an investment he was ever going to see some happy return on in their golden years.

11 minutes ago, Sonero said:

The complete destruction of your ability to trust any broad that comes along ever + all the things you are likely to lose in your divorce.

This part sucks, but it's better than being saddled with her the rest of his life.

14 minutes ago, Sonero said:

If this is all there is to the story, taking his side as accurate in good faith, man lost way more than just some awful broad.

Yeah, I'm just taking it at face value as I don't care to know who any of these people are.  I'm sure in reality she couldn't have been too happy in the relationship if even a 19 y.o. boy seemed like the better alternative.

^oh yeah---the issue of trust.  That guy did indeed learn a valuable lesson--- that they should not ever be *fully* trusted.  "Trust" them about as much as Batman trusts others....always be ready for the double-cross, or whatever situation reveals the true rotten nature of these creatures.  When the rest of the world tends to be trash... you know there's bad news right around the corner 99% of the time.... like a game or movie/show that only has "bad endings".

Edited by MillionX
9 hours ago, J-ride said:

You should look into how many love letters Scott Peterson got after he was convicted of killing his wife.  At one point he got so many love letters he overwhelmed the mail room at the prison.

https://www.investigationdiscovery.com/crimefeed/murder/scott-peterson-groupies-who-are-the-women-who-love-the-notorious-wife-killer

https://people.com/celebrity/female-fan-mail-for-inmate-scott-peterson/

https://forums.anandtech.com/threads/scott-peterson-buoyed-by-fan-mail-in-prison.1476880/

Reminds me of the “real life yandere” case that happened a few years ago. This woman, Yuka Takaoka, stabbed her male friend with the intent of killing him and was then going to kill herself. It was stated that she did it out of love.

Gruesome image in the spoiler. Don’t look if you don’t want to see blood.

Spoiler

spacer.png

Despite nearly killing the guy, she had a small surge of popularity. Getting fanart, people falling in love with her, and declarations that they were in the guy’s place instead.

7 hours ago, HD-Man said:

Ppl are hot about David Ortiz gettin in the HoF and not Barry Bonds. Apparently Ortiz tested positive for roids but Bonds didn't even tho they were both probably using, Bonds still didn't get in despite not testing positive, this was his last year to be eligible as well 

Any clarification on that? That's some wild shit if true 

Not even the most interesting story from it... I learned roger clemens was fuckin around with a 15 year old 

The MLB pretending they have a moral compass is a joke. They wanna block Bonds for juice and domestic violence they need to remove half their fucking HOF. They certainly didn't have enough issue to bounce him from baseball. Made them too much money, put too many butts in seats to kick him out, oh but he doesn't qualify for the HOF.

Put the man in you cherry picking shit stains. 

Edited by RSG3

I think back in Bonds' days drug tests were not mandatory so although no official test has proven he took roids, his links to BALCO and him being provided substances which he may or may not have known what they were for provides enough murky territory. As usual it falls in the court of public opinion on if whether or not Bonds was fully aware or not that he was using PED.

But yeah, a LOT of of HOF for many sports have their fair share of dubious personalities. Doesn't take away for what they did for the game, though

Just now, J-ride said:

The issue with Bonds is silly when you had 40+ year old pitchers throwing 100mph.  But no one ever talks about that side of the game lol.

Basically fuck baseball. A sport that is "obsessed" with numbers and lacks any consistency.  They turned a blind eye to amphetamine use in the 70s. Those dudes are all in the Hall. Segregation invalidates their valued statistics as well.

2 hours ago, MillionX said:

^oh yeah---the issue of trust.  That guy did indeed learn a valuable lesson--- that they should not ever be *fully* trusted.  "Trust" them about as much as Batman trusts others....always be ready for the double-cross, or whatever situation reveals the true rotten nature of these creatures.  When the rest of the world tends to be trash... you know there's bad news right around the corner 99% of the time.... like a game or movie/show that only has "bad endings".

There is a level of skepticism we naturally have but there are levels. I'm not walking around 24/7 waiting for them to mess up. 

Lets be honest, in most cases, when people show you who they are we often choose not to believe it. 

51 minutes ago, OPTIMUS124 said:

There is a level of skepticism we naturally have but there are levels. I'm not walking around 24/7 waiting for them to mess up. 

Lets be honest, in most cases, when people show you who they are we often choose not to believe it. 

I operate on trust but verify.  I trust until I am given a reason not to, but it's always a good idea to have accountability.  I think both men and women think that they can "save" someone with the power of love.  It just ends in tears and failure.  My grandfather had the best saying about it:

'Put silk on a goat and it will still be a goat."

46 minutes ago, J-ride said:

I think both men and women think that they can "save" someone with the power of love. 

Love will get you through a lot. So will just admitting that you're wrong and not letting issues stretch past that.

TBH as far as marriage goes, a lot of people think that its supposed to be super peachy rainbows and blowjobs 24/7. Like nah, sometimes you'll do shit that'll make your wife dislike you and vice versa.  Problem solving and approaching shit with good ass communication and some maturity gets you through a lot.

1 hour ago, BornWinner said:

I have yet to watch Fight Club, but I don’t think the ending was this lame.

Was just going to post this. Ironically the ending the Chinesers went with is closer to Pahlaniuk's original ending minus the cops. I'm the book, the bomb malfunctions, the narrator shoots himself but wakes up in a mental hospital thinking he's gone to heaven.

Edited by DoctaMario

ah, so Fox is talking to the guy now----that Chicago pastor that is camping out every day calling for an end to Chicago violence.... he's on day 68 of 100.  The dude is sitting out there in the cold for nothing, basically.  Would any criminals care what he's doing and think "oh I guess we should stop..."? Hell nah.  Deebos will continue being Deebos...most likely for the rest of time that human civilization exists.

On another note---JLongbone is back at it with her Batwoman reviews 😆

This is random, but why do some streaming apps on devices like Roku/Chromecast have a dedicated fast forward and rewind button, when every other one lets you hit left/right on the remote to scrub through the video? Is it a patent thing? A tech thing? They must know RW/FF buttons suck compared to scrubbing with left/right, but a number of apps either have them now or started out with them. Why?

9 hours ago, DoctaMario said:

Was just going to post this. Ironically the ending the Chinesers went with is closer to Pahlaniuk's original ending minus the cops. I'm the book, the bomb malfunctions, the narrator shoots himself but wakes up in a mental hospital thinking he's gone to heaven.

There's something strangely ironic about bringing the film 'Fight Club' to China. That whole part about the anti-consumer terrorist thing (with China being the number 1 producer of consumer goods in the world) along with the social norms surrounding mental health in that country make me believe there was much more censored, which is a given.

11 hours ago, DoctaMario said:

Also in the book ending in the mental hospital he is being taken care of my members of project mayhem, and they can't wait for him to get better.  I read most of Palanuik's books when I was in college, I went through a phase with his style of writing then moved on.

apparently it's a temporary thing for Minnie to look like that....so we'll see. (*I have doubts; there's some oddballs out there making decisions in entertainment that have some kind of weird grudge against traditional masculine and feminine traits.... especially the masculine ones...so it wouldn't surprise me if they WANT to make that a permanent change to her character.  It's strange, but also funny and pathetic at the same time.)

Aliens though! --- I wonder if the different groups are indeed a reality as well... we've all seen the more popular depictions of "Greys"...but I've also heard about ones that have "Nordic blonde" look, and a 3rd group that appear like reptilian humanoid creatures.  This shit might be awesome if it all turns out to be true....and perhaps our survival one day might depend on which faction we would side with. 

Edited by MillionX
8 minutes ago, MillionX said:

apparently it's a temporary thing for Minnie to look like that....so we'll see. (*I have doubts; there's some oddballs out there making decisions in entertainment that have some kind of weird grudge against traditional masculine and feminine traits.... especially the masculine ones...so it wouldn't surprise me if they WANT to make that a permanent change to her character.  It's strange, but also funny and pathetic at the same time.)

I really wonder about the people who complain about this stuff. Fox is all up in arms about it yet at the same time haven't bought a single thing Minnie in literal decades. 

I'm a die hard Transformers fan and the figures that they put out for kids now are downright TRASH! Simultaneously, I don't buy any of them. It ain't for me. Trust me, if it's a bad move, they'll know it through earnings calls. 

17 minutes ago, OPTIMUS124 said:

I'm a die hard Transformers fan and the figures that they put out for kids now are downright TRASH! Simultaneously, I don't buy any of them. It ain't for me. Trust me, if it's a bad move, they'll know it through earnings calls. 

This is why I probably won't buy any new transformers for my son.  I will just hand him down my nearly indestructible vintage transformers vs these newer ones I have bought for my nephews that have broken while being played with GENTLY.

33 minutes ago, Faltimar the Dark said:

That sista is right though...

If she's wearing a pants suit, is that self-deprecating?

Seriously though this is the pic.

unnamed-4.jpg?quality=90&strip=all

Lets look at this closer . . . Oh it's for Disneyland. . . . PARIS

IT'S NOT EVEN FOR DISNEY IN THE US! People really want to be mad about things to be mad. 

Bringing it back to Transformers, you know why a number of people don't care for the Transformers 4 version of Optimus Prime? It's not recognizable as Optimus Prime. The Window pecs and grill abs are pretty much a visual motif for the character. Disney is all about brand recognition. I highly doubt that they'd do a change since the marketing machine has worked well for over half a century. On top of that, it's a very drab design compared to the standard version of the character. 

18 minutes ago, J-ride said:

This is why I probably won't buy any new transformers for my son.  I will just hand him down my nearly indestructible vintage transformers vs these newer ones I have bought for my nephews that have broken while being played with GENTLY.

It's much harder to kill something that only has 5 points of articulation 🤣 

Edited by OPTIMUS124
31 minutes ago, DangerousJ said:

554a593fa7c9978253437ca573712441.png

oh yeah...thinking about it more... I'd side with whichever alien faction would be willing to grant me superhuman abilities/physiology.  I have no loyalty to the human species... I'd leave that gimped shit behind without a second thought.

...sheeeitttt, if this world was an RPG... humans are that terribly lame, low-tier character class that no one in their right mind would pick if they were serious at all about the game....at least compared to any of the supernatural shit we've seen in sci-fi and horror.

Edited by MillionX