Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

My next two weeks are going to be crazy. Pretty much every day off I have at my new job I’m finishing out my two weeks at my “current” job. I don’t have a single day off until the second of February. 

I’m on day three of it and I’m already exhausted. But I get three paychecks all on the same day. Last pay check from my current job, first paycheck from my new job plus disability. 

Make It Rain Money GIF

Edited by iStu X

nah, no way... I'm thinking at least some of the students were in Troll Mode....no way they were for real with those answers...especially whoever said 800k.  Nah, I'm not buying that answer as real, bruh.

...also funny (and not surprising) that Cenk couldn't resist a little cheap shot at Trump, of course ..story has nothing to do with him but he had to get that jab in there. 🤣

I keep seeing an ad on tv for some special about Hefner and the Playboy mansion, with Holly Madison front and center talking about whatever "horrible" shit happened... c'mon, bruh... we all saw how she appeared to be very much enjoying herself for YEARS being one of Hef's main girls (it was her, Kendra and some other girl as his "main" 3 girls), helping to promote that Playboy brand....she even got a reality show on E! out of that shit (and I think there was a spin-off that was all about her..?)... I'm sure the money and fame was nice for a while; and Playboy and her relation to Hefner is the whole reason she got famous in the first place....but all of a sudden now it was "problematic" and she "didn't know how dangerous it was" and all that, I guess...yeah ok whatever. 

Edited by MillionX
5 minutes ago, MillionX said:

I keep seeing an ad on tv for some special about Hefner and the Playboy mansion, with Holly Madison front and center talking about whatever "horrible" shit happened... c'mon, bruh... we all saw how she appeared to be very much enjoying herself for YEARS being one of Hef's main girls (it was her, Kendra and some other girl as his "main" 3 girls), helping to promote that Playboy brand....she even got a reality show on E! out of that shit (and I think there was a spin-off that was all about her..?)... I'm sure the money and money was nice for a while; and Playboy and her relation to Hefner is the whole reason she got famous in the first place....but all of a sudden now it was "problematic" and she "didn't know how dangerous it was" and all that, I guess...yeah ok whatever. 

I believe that was Kendra who got the spinoff series with "Kendra on Top"

5 hours ago, Hecatom said:

fitness.jpg

this is some crock of shit. Unless that bitch is a power lifter she needs to stfu 

“anti fatness in fitness” yeah man, god forbid people don’t want your body giving out on you from having various forms of health complications due you not wanting to put forth the effort. 

I mean god damn no one is asking you to be chiseled or ripped. But for fuck sake you owe it to you know, your own existence to stay the baseline and or absolutely fucking minimum of healthy. 

I hate all the mental hoops people, especially women go through to justify being so obese. (I’m not talking a little chub or being thicc. Cause that can be healthy. I mean actually obese, morbidly obese and fat). 

like Im not trying to sound like an asshole. I get depression happens, I get being born with thyroid problems, etc. But there’s hundreds of different medicines, diets and procedures to help with those and give you a decent running start. Not to mention just saying “hey, doc, can you refer me to a nutritionist or dietician”. You can only use xyz excuses for so long. 

I get you’re the one that ultimately needs to want do it but you also need to stop being so god damn stubborn about it. If every doctor, physician, nutritionist and all the important people in your life are telling  you “hey, I’m worried about your health,  you need to lose weight” than guess what? You fucking need to lose weight and it’s not them trying to be “mean” or “judgmental of your lifestyle”. 

being fat isn’t a lifestyle it’s a choice. For instance I can’t even look at photos of myself from 6 months ago. I have no idea how I let myself get so fat. As long as I can help it I’m never going to let that happen again. 

Edited by iStu X

I'm tired of this bullshit fat acceptance movement.  Metabolic syndrome/type 2 diabetes isn't healthy, and I'm not going to be gaslit into believing this bullshit is good for anyone.  The head intensivist at my work's ICU told me he could guess how good someone would do with Covid based SOLELY on how much bellyfat they had.  He said huge bellied people were almost 100% getting a one way ticket to the morgue.

Some interesting theories and scenarios to answer the Fermi Paradox.... some I never considered which are quite interesting...

I'd bet that it's a simple, depressing reality that mass extinction usually happens before a species gets advanced enough to start their era of regular space travel.  Imagine how many times there may have been a world with sophisticated being similar to us.... but by the time they made it to the phase of creating metal weapons and other objects... an asteroid the size of a continent just happens to be on its way to their world... and just like that, they are completely wiped out.... them and whatever they accomplished forever unknown to the rest of us out here.  Elsewhere, another world with various creatures has interesting things going on too.... and let's say the people over there get to the point of making space stations, visiting a nearby moon and all that-----.... but one day they get fried with a gamma ray burst.  In a quick flash of light, life on their world is instantly erased.  Humans might be the ones that are "lucky" to have lasted as long as we have.

1 hour ago, J-ride said:

I'm tired of this bullshit fat acceptance movement.  Metabolic syndrome/type 2 diabetes isn't healthy, and I'm not going to be gaslit into believing this bullshit is good for anyone.  The head intensivist at my work's ICU told me he could guess how good someone would do with Covid based SOLELY on how much bellyfat they had.  He said huge bellied people were almost 100% getting a one way ticket to the morgue.

Anyone else have the sudden urge to do stomach crunches and cardio? No? Just me?

13 minutes ago, Sonero said:

OTOH they've gotta stop with all that step-family member nonsense. Goddamn all that is gross as hell.

Dude, it's not like they're really step-siblings irl. And even so, it's only a legal relation. They're not blood related.

I used to date my step-sister.  

It was before she was my step-sister, though. Once our parents got hitched I had to tell her we can't do it no more 'cause we's kin 

Edited by Chadouken

If you use Venmo, Robinhood, Coinbase, Acorn, and other fintech apps, you might be owed cash.

If you used any of a large number of fintech apps (essentially, banking and financial services) between Jan. 1, 2013 and Nov. 19, 2021 though, you could be owed some money. While unexpected paydays are exciting, it’s not for nothing: If you’re entitled to these funds, it’s because you are a victim of improper data collection.

While we assume that all tech companies leech our private data with no apparent consequence, that isn’t always the case, as reported by Fast Company. Plaid, a company that connects your bank account to financial services and apps, was accused of accruing “more financial data than was needed” from its users, which number in the tens of millions of people in North America alone.

The charges depict some scummy behavior: Plaid allegedly created log-in sites to trick users into thinking they were signing into their own bank accounts. In reality, those users were entering and sending their credentials to Plaid. Yikes.

While the company denies wrongdoing, Plaid has settled out of court for a total of $58 million. If you used any of the apps and services powered by Plaid, you might be entitled to a slice of that compensation.

We’re not talking about a handful of apps here, either. Plaid’s client list totals 5,500 apps, including American Express, Coinbase, and even Netflix. You can use the search field here to see if you use any of them.

How much of that $58 million will you receive? Likely not a lot. The more victims that obtain a claim, the smaller each payout will be. And, seeing as there were so many apps in Plaid’s circle, we might see many people go after their piece of the pie.

How to file a claim for compensation against Plaid

If you want to file a claim, you can do so from the settlement website. The deadline is April 28, so you have some time, but don’t forget. If you were sent a Notice ID and confirmation code via email, you can enter it here. Otherwise, click the “Click Here” button to continue.

You’ll need to fill out the relevant information, which includes both your address as well as the financial institutions and apps you’ve used that fall under the settlement (up to eight examples). Finally, choose your preferred payment method if your claim is approved. Options include PayPal, direct deposit, and, ironically, Venmo.

https://9to5mac.com/2022/01/24/ever-used-venmo-robinhood-plaid/

I used four of those during that time period, so I am cashing in.

If you have used playstation store, microsoft store, banks like citi, american express, affirm, you can get paid

Edited by AriesWarlock
21 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

How does The Onion stay around? The so called real articles are more laughable than their parodies. 

There were a couple things in there that I can empathize with. For one, fat people who aren't in shape get clowned any time they try to show improvement (albeit in the gym, tracks, park, etc.)

BMI is also a questionable metric at this point too. A better measure would be waist to hip ratio or even bodyfat %. 

Activewear isn't available for plus size people either. Granted this one is because of economics. The demand just simply isn't there for a 5X dri-fit hoodie. 

The whole "going to gym but not losing weight" just seems odd to me. Fat is literally stored energy; you are carrying around a giant battery pack. Fat is created when your caloric load exceeds your caloric requirement. It's a grade school math equation. That's the part that seems to get lost. Function facilitates form. The form highlights that you're not doing a lot with the consumed caloric content.